Seriously? $99 Monarch on 9/14/12

iloverags2

I have a question about residency rates...

Our family owns a condo in Florida in which we are staying for the week.

My driver's license however says Michigan.

If I were to walk into a Florida travel agent office in person,

Could I get a Florida resident rate? Being I do own property in Florida?

Or does it only go off your ID

I could even bring my gas bill showing I live there!

They say they want a picture ID with address, however I've never been asked to produce an ID for a residency rate.

I'm glad I found this thread because I was just coming here to ask a related question.

This past week, RCI had a $99 for yesterday's sailing. This morning I saw the $99 for next Friday. Is it fairly conceivable that if I waited until the last minute that I could get on the Sep 21st sailing at $99?

My brother is coming in from Ohio for a golf outing with clients, and I thought it might be a cool brother/sister weekend. He and his wife are expecting a baby in November, so he's being super careful with money right now. I think a base rate of $99 would be a huge selling point.

I've never booked last minute, so I'm looking for your thoughts. Thanks!

I went to the RCL site and it looks like that sailing does not really have as much availability as the other weekends.

I was positive that the rates on the Monarch are going to be high for her last few months because bookings will be up for nostalgic reasons. I am still sure that will happen, but wonder when it is going to start happening? Obviously September is too far out.

I was thinking the same thing, and want to sail her before she leaves RCI's fleet. This cruise would have been perfect...had it not been for the leg injury. Ugh! Hoping I can still snag a deal sometime after October.

I was positive that the rates on the Monarch are going to be high for her last few months because bookings will be up for nostalgic reasons. I am still sure that will happen, but wonder when it is going to start happening? Obviously September is too far out.

Hard to say, but the high prices are certainly in place for the last 2 cruises!

I wouldn't do that to a travel agent.You must have a picture ID showing residency.If you want to try to get away with(not saying you should),just book it online.Do not put that agent in the middle and potentially get them in trouble.

And be prepared to pay the difference at the port,if they realize you are not a resident.

"Residents of particular states may be eligible for special rates. We want to make sure you receive the best price offer possible. A valid driver's license, state-issued ID or current passport will be required for validation at the pier. "

What is the normal price for this sailing? I am thinking of doing this with my 9-year-old daughter. It is an hour drive for us. I was interested in 3 of us doing it but the rate is higher for the 3rd passenger. Wonder why?

About an hour ago the rate was still available, but I just looked a few minutes ago and it no longer is. The 3rd person is higher typically due to a smaller number of cabins available for more than two people. Because of that demand it costs a bit more to put a 3rd/4th in a stateroom. When I sailed with my sisters, mom, and niece, we actually just booked two doubles and a single...it came out lower than booking a double and triple. Look at that option in the future.

Where do you sign up to get a list of the hot deals for the week?

This one did not come through as a hot deal - I just happened to be searching for a friend who is interested in a weekend cruise and saw it on the website. To sign up for Hot Deals, hover over Deals & Gifts, click on Hot Deals. At the top of the page will be a button that says "Sign Up For Specials"...click on that and fill out the information. :)

What is the normal price for this sailing? I am thinking of doing this with my 9-year-old daughter. It is an hour drive for us. I was interested in 3 of us doing it but the rate is higher for the 3rd passenger. Wonder why?

Forgot to answer your question! Normal pricing depends on time of year and when you book. I have seen the 3-night getaways jump to $299/person. The lowest other than this $99 deal that I have seen is $109/person. I will say what the norm fluctuation is $129 - $249, with somewhere around $169 - $199 being the norm.

Thanks! It may not be in the cards this time. But it would be a great girl bonding time for the 2 of us if it works out!

Keep checking it could appear again. If so also price a cabin at single occupancy. At one point the price difference between single and double was only $10

The guy at RC said he thought they would release more at this rate tomorrow. He said it may possibly even have a few more tonight- so I've been checking every 5 minutes! ;)

Fingers crossed! Total cost including prepaid tips for 2 is less than $400. I can't NOT do that! :)

I also own a condo not far from the port. But we are not Fl residents and therefore do not get the Fl. rate.

Kinda pricey air with that,I would imagine:)

I found one way flights for $100, but it's a bit of a hike from Colon to the nearest major airport. I won't be doing it, but if I was on the T/A before it, or the cruise after, I would tack this on.

I found one way flights for $100, but it's a bit of a hike from Colon to the nearest major airport. I won't be doing it, but if I was on the T/A before it, or the cruise after, I would tack this on.

Oh thats not bad..........yea, went to Colon once(port stop) and it is far from Panama City(Im guessing thats the closest airport)

Ok, I ended up booking an oceanview for an avg of $134/person (taking the whole family- all 4 of us).

This will be our first cruise and I hope we like it because we have a second one booked in December! :)

AHHHHHHHH! Kinda freaking out!

Congrats!!!! Got nervous about waiting, huh??:D

Archived