How do you make it through?

redpatti

I was just on my first cruise a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time. I am already booked on my next one for June 2013.

All I can think about is the great time I had and how much I am looking forward to going again. How on earth do you stand the waiting!!!??? LOL!

Any advice on how to cope would be greatly appreciated! :)

I "live" on the Internet - searching the ports, reading all reports, sharing my knowledge from prior trips. And of course everybody wants to hear from me about my trips - all co-workers, supermarket cashiers, people on the buses to and from work, right? Right :p

I was just on my first cruise a few weeks ago and had a wonderful time. I am already booked on my next one for June 2013.

All I can think about is the great time I had and how much I am looking forward to going again. How on earth do you stand the waiting!!!??? LOL!

Well, I went on a cruise in March 2012 and had such a wonderful awesome time that I signed up for another cruise for this November because like you, I just couldn't wait that long for another cruise:eek:! This is how I cope with waiting for a particular cruise.

Maybe you could book another cruise in between if you have the time. This works for me, also, spending time on Cruise Critic helps me out too. Hope this helps some:D.

I agree that being on Cruise Critic helps alleviate some of the withdrawal symptoms. :D I'm also a member of a cruise group here in Las Vegas and we get together once a month for dinner and to talk cruising, and that too helps.

At least you have one booked to look forward to and start planning--that helps tremondously. I once went three months without having one booked, and it was awful! :eek: Now I know that as long as I have one to look forward to, I can cope.

Yes, we all try to find ways to cope with our addiction, with some more successful than others...Good luck!

I love pulling up the live webcams for a couple of the ports (while the ships are in) and keep reminding myself that one day soon, that will be me on the ship!!:D:)

I also pull up the webcam for Sapphire Beach, St. Thomas and keep pretending I'm already there!

I was on my 24th cruise last month and don't have another booked yet. I'm looking at ones in December, if DH can get off from work the whole week before Christmas, and one in May that will fit in with his end of semester break. Waiting is just part of the game.

I get the cruisemate app for my phone. Plug in the cruise I'm booked on, and for months go around pressing the little button that honks the ship's horn and telling everyone how many days left.

I also pass the time by calling in onboard credit, a little at time over months until it's time to go, then I can just ride down and start partying without having to pull out the wallet.

Another one, is to spend the whole time trying to convince other people you know that they should book and go with you. On the cruise I'm about to take, at first it was just going to be me and a friend, and now there are 6 of us in 3 rooms all right next to each other in the same hall.

You can also research ports. Look for deals on parking. Make online friends with someone who lives near the port and will show you the town or take you to the port and let you park for free in their house.

Another good one is to practice eating 15 times a day. You don't wanna end up on a cruise meal schedule and freak out your um.....system....

Ah... I know how you feel. My first cruise was in 2009, it was 82 days world cruise. I was bored after the cruise. I told my husband I wanted to remodel the kitchen, he said, go for it. Then I told him, if we remodel the kitchen, we should remodel the bathrooms too. He said, go for it. Before I know it, I had the whole house demolished. We have a rental. My husband is worry I might have it demolished. We are booked next year world cruise, and 2014 as well.

Happy crusing

M

And just before you go to bed, tie off your lower arm with a tight elastic or perhaps a belt, find a good vein and shoot up a fix of the water. Some nights I have to up the dose to cope.

(kidding ... I park my ass on here and look at ship bridge cams too.)

And just before you go to bed, tie off your lower arm with a tight elastic or perhaps a belt, find a good vein and shoot up a fix of the water. Some nights I have to up the dose to cope.

(kidding ... I park my ass on here and look at ship bridge cams too.)

Hahahaha!! Good one!! :D

See if there are still short, 5 day cruises from NY and book another cruise. Know what you mean though. I hate waiting so we usually don't book far in advance so the wait isn't as long. Until we retired we could only go on one a year. This year we've cruised every month- a lot from Charleston, SC, a 4 1/4 hour drive for us.

We live about an $800 plane flight from just about any port, so for us a quickie is out of the question. I have survived the 15 months since my first cruise by:

1. Put my fave photos of last cruise on work computer as background and set them to change every 30 minutes. That way everyday I remember why I am working.

2. I have searched the internet looking at ship floorplans and digging around for actual room photos, so that on our next cruise we will have the "perfect room".

3. I have spent 6 months writing a packing list, reading as many packing threads on CC as I could find.

4. I have used just about every imaginable web service to compare different sales.

Hope this all helps!

Archived