1977-1978 Princess Cruise Brochure and Prices

Sitmar Lady

Check out this 1977-1978 Princess Brochure I found in my Parents attic.

The prices were higher per day then they are now!

Sitmar Lady, very cool, I was able to open the attachment with no problem. Those 3 day party cruises were a bit high. I did notce the airfare samples were a lot cheaper than today. I enjoyed reading the sales pitch, I'm sure your parents had a blast sailing then.:)

Cheers - Ken

Party Cruises, wow.

Including caviar.

The advertised prices are really not that much different from today (without taking inflation into account). Lowest price oceanview (no balconies then) is about $111/day.

A cruise I am looking at for early next year was listed at $107/day a couple of months ago, but now is priced at $93/day for same type cabin, but no caviar.

And the twin beds on those ships could not be made into a queen. The "Love Boat" only had twin beds in almost every cabin.

Wow, the prices really shocked me. I took my first cruise in the mid to late 80's and can't find anywhere info from it. I would love to know what we paid for it. I forgot how expensive this all is, I get so caught up in the excitement. But actually, dollar for dollar, I think cruising is a much better deal today. It has truly turned into awesome adventures for everyone. Thanks for posting that. Grams98

How interesting! I love it.

I looked at an Inflation price adjustor, and that $450 outside cabin would be about $1500 in today's dollars.

Right now Princess has outside cabins for $329 for a 3 day cruise.

So yes, some of the standards and offerings may have changed but for prices to actually be less, I'm personally grateful and glad I can cruise. :)

Archived