Mid Cruise Embarcation Point

R. Wethereyet

So here is a nooby type question:

We are hoping to do a land vacation in Mexico next summer. We also want to add in a 5-7 day cruise in the caribbean. It looks like we have to fly all the way back to Florida/Louisiana/Puerto Rico to join a cruise. Is it possible to join in Costa Maya for example? Does everyone in Mexico have to fly to the USA to take a cruise????

Thanks for any assistance you can provide

You have to broaden your horizons as to cruise lines. You can do it, but only on lines that you may never have heard of. But not in the Summer. Cruise lines that do cruises that start elsewhere in the Caribbean/Central America only do so in the winter. they go to Europe in the summer. Go here: http://www.cruisetimetables.com/ Check out the departure ports from the top list and see who sails from there, and when. EM

So here is a nooby type question:

We are hoping to do a land vacation in Mexico next summer. We also want to add in a 5-7 day cruise in the caribbean. It looks like we have to fly all the way back to Florida/Louisiana/Puerto Rico to join a cruise. Is it possible to join in Costa Maya for example? Does everyone in Mexico have to fly to the USA to take a cruise????

Thanks for any assistance you can provide

More than likely you will have to join a cruise in the places you mentioned as the cruise lines would not allow you to join mid cruise in places such as Mexico as this would be a violation for them. You can easily verify this by finding an itinerary and then contacting the cruise line.

Personally, I would do these as two different vacations.

Keith

More than likely you will have to join a cruise in the places you mentioned as the cruise lines would not allow you to join mid cruise in places such as Mexico as this would be a violation for them. You can easily verify this by finding an itinerary and then contacting the cruise line.

Personally, I would do these as two different vacations.

Keith

A violation of what?

Scott & Karen

Great information - I hadn't considered the violation issue - bit of a customs nightmare I am sure.

I am thinking it would be less hassle just to fly to a port in Florida and join the cruise at the beginning like everyone else :rolleyes:!

Thanks again.

Why not just call the cruise line & ask them

they have to correct information

Archived