Beverage Package Rules Confirmed

JimandStan

I received confirmation today, from an unimpeachable source at Oceania that the Prestige Beverage Package does indeed include cocktail service to the cabins (via room service) at any time when a bar is open on the ship.

In other words, that dratted asterisk is going to be removed forthwith.

PRESTIGE SELECT $49.95 per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

Wine, Beer & Spirits

This UNLIMITED package includes beer, a selection of wines by the glass, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any onboard venue as well as through room service* during regular operating hours.

*Available with meals only.

toasts-and-speeches.s600x600.jpgLet the Celebrations begin

Thanks for checking this J&S. Would you also mind confirming that the House Select package means that we can enjoy wines by the glass in our stateroom at any time during bar hours?

I would think the House Select package is during meal service but far be it from to say that is a certainty

HOUSE SELECT $29.95

Wine & Beer

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This package includes beer and a selection of wines by the glass during lunch and dinner in any dining venue or through room service.*

Thanks for checking this J&S. Would you also mind confirming that the House Select package means that we can enjoy wines by the glass in our stateroom at any time during bar hours?

LOL, I'm pretty sure he won't be confirming that.

Sorry Solon, the "Available with meals only" restriction does apply to the House Select Package.

So, your choices are:

House Select: Beer and wine only, with meals only (including room service); at a cost of $30pp per day

Prestige Select: Beer, wine, Top Shelf Spirits & Cocktails @ any time when any bar on the ship is open (also including room service); at a cost of $50pp per day

094016.jpg

Drinks package at $49.95 per person per day sounds reasonable to me...whether or not drinks are delivered to the suite! I have read somewhere on these boards that a "normal" drink - I suppose a Margarita - costs around $10 + tip. And wine by the glass is around $8 or $9?? On holiday it is nice to have a drink by the pool before lunch, and a glas of wine at lunch. And a drink in the bar before dinner plus a couple of glasses of wine at dinner. I like this package!! We have cruised Regent before and all the alcohol is included. If you simply add the $49.95pp per day to the Oceania fare you still come out ahead. And from all reports (including those wonderful photos a couple of months ago!) the food is much better on Oceania.

I am really looking forward to our cruise!

Drinks package at $49.95 per person per day sounds reasonable to me... We have cruised Regent before and all the alcohol is included. If you simply add the $49.95pp per day to the Oceania fare you still come out ahead...

I am really looking forward to our cruise!

That's how I'm looking at it as well--just add the $100 per day to the cost of the cruise, and forget about it, and then enjoy.

Sorry Solon, the "Available with meals only" restriction does apply to the House Select Package.

So, your choices are:

House Select: Beer and wine only, with meals only (including room service); at a cost of $30pp per day

Prestige Select: Beer, wine, Top Shelf Spirits & Cocktails @ any time when any bar on the ship is open (also including room service); at a cost of $50pp per day

094016.jpg

Yet again, thanks Jim and Stan. Disappointed to read on another thread though that the House Select package only includes one red and one white choice of wine wherever you drink it!

Yet again, thanks Jim and Stan. Disappointed to read on another thread though that the House Select package only includes one red and one white choice of wine wherever you drink it!

Hm...we didn't do a drink package [we're bottle types ;) ] so wait for direct confirmation, but I thought that the House Select package includes (at lunch or dinner only) any "by the glass" wine - which is more than one red and one white...the online link in Riviera Dining tab to the sample GDR wine list is down at the moment (maybe being updated for the new prices that went into effect August-ish?), but I recall a couple of sparkling wines, 4-7 ish whites and 7-9ish reds in the by-the-glass choices

Apparently, a major difference between the two packages is that within the Prestige Package, one may order glasses of wine by label, whereas under the House Select Package, one may request a type of wine (Red, Rose, White, Dessert, Port) while Oceania selects the label that will be poured.

LOL, come to think of it do you suppose that it is called "House Select" for that very reason?

Apparently, a major difference between the two packages is that within the Prestige Package, one may order glasses of wine by label, whereas under the House Select Package, one may request a type of wine (Red, Rose, White, Dessert, Port) while Oceania selects the label that will be poured.

LOL, come to think of it do you suppose that it is called "House Select" for that very reason?

We need an emoticon for bowing to the wisdom of JimandStan!

By popular demand, the House Select Beverage Package has been amended to include ALL of the wines that are sold by the glass on the Bar Menu.

The only caveat is that the passenger must be having Lunch or Dinner in one of the ship's restaurants -or- having that meal via room service, but House Select clients MAY ORDER by the label, as long as that wine is offered by the glass

I know you said forthwith... but is that for cruise brochures now being published for cruises starting tomorrow?

I'd just like to know if it starts immediately across the board for all cruises - despite what my * brochure says? :)

We were thinking of not getting the package if we could not get a night cap delivered to our room from our butler if we had to order a meal. Sometimes it is nice to have a nightcap in the cabin once you're in PJ's and relaxing.

I received confirmation today, from an unimpeachable source at Oceania that the Prestige Beverage Package does indeed include cocktail service to the cabins (via room service) at any time when a bar is open on the ship.

In other words, that dratted asterisk is going to be removed forthwith.

PRESTIGE SELECT $49.95 per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

Wine, Beer & Spirits

This UNLIMITED package includes beer, a selection of wines by the glass, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any onboard venue as well as through room service* during regular operating hours.

*Available with meals only.

toasts-and-speeches.s600x600.jpgLet the Celebrations begin

Having booked the Beijing to Bangkok cruise for 10th March I have been checking the website and looking at your input to the forum can't help thinking about how enjoyable you both made a Caribbean cruise when Patrick and I met you a few years ago.

Thanks for your input to this, I think that the prestige package would be a good deal for us since we enjoy a few glasses of wine with our meal.

Hope you are both well and happy.

Siobhan

Archived