Shareholders OBC status

septrack

A question for anyone who recently recieved confirmation on their shareholders OBC benefit. When did you fax/mail it and when did you recieve confirmation? Just trying to see where they are, and when I need to call my TA to check.

TIA

Mark

Received our Shareholder's OBC credit confirmation 12 days after we submitted our brokeage statement in July for our cruise September 15th. Our TA contacted Princess to verify the credit a week and a half before sailing. Princess said they were behind and had not credited the OBC yet. TA contacted Princess 3 days before we left. Princess sent a second email confirmation that my OBC was credited. I checked the status with the Purser on the second day of our cruise and lo and behold....no Shareholder's credit. I'm glad I brought a photocopy of the email confirmation. The Purser had to follow-up twice before we received the credit from Princess. It was credited to our shipboard account the day before we disembarked. Sooooooo...be sure you take a copy of your confirmation on board with you. You never know when you'll need it.

I waited a few weeks for it to show under "cruise personalizer" shipboard credits and nothing shows up.

If you "click" view Balance and make payment you'll see that your balance is zero but the OBC is shown on the bottom of the "Total cost" column.

I waited a few weeks for it to show under "cruise personalizer" shipboard credits and nothing shows up.

If you "click" view Balance and make payment you'll see that your balance is zero but the OBC is shown on the bottom of the "Total cost" column.

This only works if you book direct with Princess.

A question for anyone who recently recieved confirmation on their shareholders OBC benefit. When did you fax/mail it and when did you recieve confirmation? Just trying to see where they are, and when I need to call my TA to check.

I emailed mine to Princess on 8-7-12 for my 9-9-12 cruise. On 8-25 I checked with my TA and found nothing had been done. I then called the regular Princess 1-800 number and they quickly transferred my call the the department that handles OBC's. They told me they had a problem with what I sent and I would have to resend it. Only now they would no longer accept emails. I had to fax it to them. After faxing them the info I once again called the toll-free number who then transferred me to the OBC folks. I had to tell them the phone number the fax was sent from and the approximate time. While I was still on the line they found my fax and looked it over. At that time they told me it was approved and they would send out a confirming email which I received later that day.

I let time get away from me for our September 8 cruise. I faxed in the shareholder request on August 10, which was just before the cutoff. Hearing nothing - I used to get an email back confirming but that was when we could email the info - I called them on the 20th and was told that they were almost two weeks behind. They assured me they would get to it before I sailed after taking all the information. I found out by calling on the 4th that it had been credited to my account for the cruise.

The next day after boarding the ship, I went down to the customer service desk and got a copy of my bill and the OBC was on there. The new machines they installed by the service desk are great for getting your bill without standing in line. All I had to do was swipe my seacard and it printed out the bill. This is a vast improvement over what we had before.

Next time I am going to submit my paperwork via fax right after paying for the cruise! I always take the paperwork with me on the ship in case there is a problem.

TIA

Mark

Faxed mine on 16 Sept. with a snail mail copy to Southampton. On my Personaliser on 1 Oct. Sailing in January. I booked direct.

Our friends faxed their OBC request on Sept 6 and I snail mailed mine on Sept 7. I checked with our TA last week on Sept 28 and both OBC requests had been credited for our cruises on Nov 3. So I guess it took about 3 weeks for both fax and snail mail.

Faxed mine on Sept 1. Received no response so called Booking Support on Sept 22 and confirmed the OBC has been applied. Requested and received an email confirmation to take on the ship with me. But, I had to call them to confirm.

Hate the new system of fax or snail mail with no response or confirmation from Princess. Very pool customer service IMHO.

I just sent my requests in by snail mail & asked to a receipt by email but somehow I doubt they'll sent it. I hope their new system of doing things falls on it's face with hundreds of mistakes so we can return to a logical way of doing it with a definite indication on Princess's booking info for everyone.

I'm the OP of this question from a page or two back. (Posted last weekend) I checked my cruise personalizer Monday/yesteday, and viola (easy now, that was just pun), there it was. So, it took about 7-10d by fax. I've always booked straight through Princess. s

Such a curious system. Some people receive their OBC in a few weeks, others still waiting more than a month later. I have to believe that it wouldn't take much investment into their systems to allow everyone to see shareholder OBC in their cruise personalizers.

I guess as all frequent cruisers know, this is just another example of Princess's systems and communication in all their glory!

Let's see if this works

Click here to view our Shareholder Benefit.

Alice

Here's the link to the application which you can complete on your computer & print the form to fax or snail mail but it can no longer be emailed. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=242602&d=1345337358

Thanks for this info. First time I'm submitting to Pincess and HAL and Carnival do not require a form. And I want to get it right:) m--

TIA

Mark

I faxed the forms for my 2 upcoming cruises last Thursday and received email confirmation yesterday.

I bought CCL stock for my upcoming cruise on Oct. 26. I recieved my portfolio report today.

Does everyone block out their portfolio and just leave the CCL stock showing :confused:

Some do. Some don't. I don't. Nobody cares what I own and if they see it; so what.

Archived