captain club host

neverbeenhere

Don't want to break any rules --- what do you LIKE about the various captain club hosts?

I will start with--- The first time we sailed with Ti Anne, she knew everyone's name in the elite lounge before the first night. I listened to her greet every elite by name. Awesome.

Ti Anne is great!! There were only 55 elites on our sailing on Infinity in August and she knew our names the second day and recommended us to eat at the captain's table. To be honest, in all our cruises, she's the only Capt. Club hostess whom we had dealings with, of any consequence. We had many conversations with her throughout the cruise, she stopped at our table many times and did quite a few nice extra things for us. We kept running into her all week, it was so funny.

We love Mellissa Snow who is on the Solstice. She makes the effort to learn everyone's name. She remains in the Elite events and socializes with as many passengers as possible. Mellissa will go the extra mile to be sure her passengers are happy. My DH had a medical problem while on the ship. Mellissa searched the ship for me rather than just have me paged to go to the medical center. As a result, I did not experience a major fright.

Had Donnette on a cruise but wasn't impressed. Perhaps she was new to the job at the time.

Don't want to break any rules --- what do you LIKE about the various captain club hosts?

I will start with--- The first time we sailed with Ti Anne, she knew everyone's name in the elite lounge before the first night. I listened to her greet every elite by name. Awesome.

We had Lionel on the Summit and he was great. Also knew all of the guests in Michael's club and greeted all with a big smile!!!

It is very difficult when they need to deal with the passenger who has a deep sense of entitlement. I witness one man yelling at one of the Hosts demanding to be seated with the Captain. I later saw the Host/Hostess and remarked that he must have had a rough time. The Host told me that they were brought close to tears. Said that this passenger was a very heavy cruiser on RCL and this was his first Celebrity cruise. The passenger was threatening to take complaints to the Miami office if he wasn't seated at the Captain's Table with the Captain. The Host eventually gave into the demand. At the time this Host was relatively new to the position and was afraid of losing the job. Since then the powers to be at Celebrity have made it clear that these demands should be refused by the Hosts and that they are to report any threats. several demanding passengers have been invited by Celebrity to take a vacation from cruising on their ships.

None can compare to Juliana!

Ironically, the only one we didn't like out of 20+ cruises is one of the ones who was lauded in a previous post on this thread. There was one cruiser who has a whole bunch of credits and who also is perceived as having clout on Cruise Critic, and the host/hostess catered to her and her friends with total disregard for anyone else. Frankly, the cruiser simply intimidated the host/hostess, and many of us were disgusted and embarrassed by the cruise's behavior, but that still didn't excuse the favoritism.

Otherwise, we have found the host/hostesses to be phemomenal.

I think the unsung heroes are the Special Events cordinators, who arrange the Connections Parties and other special events.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I have to vote for Donna...soon to be on the millennium.

We were looking forward to seeing Donna in ML. However, is now in EQ and will not be going to ML:(. Pity, she is excellent. I asked her who was going and got no reply. ~ Ric

We were treated so well by Korinna Murphy on Century twice last year that I surely hope to sail with her again. Has anyone who has sailed recently seen her aboard? She was due to leave Century about mid-March and head for a well deserved vacation.

Tanishka is also a favorite. She took great care of us on Infinity a few years back.

We had Donette on the Solstice, and she was different in so many ways to employees on ships. She has a role, which she fulfils perfectly, as you would expect. She knows everyone's name, is helpful beyond reproach. She even invited us to the Captain's Table, but what set her apart for us, was on regular occasions, including away from Michael's Club, she would stop and chat. Not just about the things we expect and need our Captain's Club to talk about, but about life, cultures, things she learned. She had a genuine interest in what we had to say, and was simply lovely.

Although we are Elite and have just done our 7th cruise in 4years we have not really had any dealings with any captains club hostess. The only personal contact

we have had is the telephone call to the room,usually recieved as a message, informing us of upcoming events.

How and where do you all meet the Captains club hostess? Is it in Micheals club? We usually travel Aqua and don't tend to use the club for breakfast , we occasionally have the odd drink but not often. Are we missing out by not attending the cocktail hour? We like the sound of independent shore advise, hard to find on Celebrity.

Advice please from more seasoned Elites.

Thanks

We had dealings with Chandru...I turned elite half way through a b2b and he was great!

I think it was Mellissa on the Solstice in January. She's from Australia? When Arno's link/pictures is working again, I'll check the name. She was fabulous! Really looking forward to getting re-aquainted with her in March!

Welshfamily -- each host/hostess is different. Graeme knew his way around the Baltic ports and was happy to share ideas for how to make the most of time in port. Other hosts and hostesses have their own expertise.

Even if you don't go to the Elite breakfast or the Cocktail Hour, you might want to stop by their desk sometime and introduce yourselves to the Captain's Club rep -- they are generally friendly and outgoing and like to put faces with the names on their lists.

Archived