Do you think American will be back to their "normal" self by xmas?

CtheW0rld

Just back home from the TA cruise. Had excellent experience with AA. 3 for 6.

Each of the 3 AA flights pulled out of gate on time or early and arrived at destination early.

The 2nd leg was AA 112 MIA-BCN that had a notorious "on-time" record for several weeks prior to our flight - I had been checking it and found it to be delayed (1 to 3 hours) more often than not. This caused us to cancel our Miami overnight stay and move the flight up by a day and book an overnight stay in BCN as we didn't want to miss the flight to Rome on the day of cruise.

In the end our AA 112 left gate on time and arrived in BCN 50 mins early - yay yay yay.

It appears that they have made some good progress as of late at a new pilot contract, which is promising for us passengers. I've gotten over my temporary fear of flying AA and have started booking with them again. It did kind of bite me in the butt - I chose Frontier over AA, and my Frontier flight ended up 6.5 hours delayed while my AA flight arrived on time. Lesson learned - stick to the usual (in my case, AA).

It appears that they have made some good progress as of late at a new pilot contract, which is promising for us passengers. I've gotten over my temporary fear of flying AA and have started booking with them again. It did kind of bite me in the butt - I chose Frontier over AA, and my Frontier flight ended up 6.5 hours delayed while my AA flight arrived on time. Lesson learned - stick to the usual (in my case, AA).

In our case we have been very lucky with AA. Once our son went on a school trip to Peru and they flew on AA. On the return they were supposed to have a 3.5 hr layover in Miami, but the flight from Peru landed 1 hour late and the Immigration was a nightmare, and by the time they collected their bags it was 30 mins to Bermuda flight and AA would not let them on. So they put them all up at JW Marriott hotel in Miami for the night!! Kudos to AA. There were 20 of them.

It appears that they have made some good progress as of late at a new pilot contract, which is promising for us passengers. I've gotten over my temporary fear of flying AA and have started booking with them again.

We're flying LAX-MIA-SJU and reverse next week which is slightly more than 10k EQP's. I found a great Y-up fare that was only $140 more, round-trip (I still haven't figured out the reason for the bargain). At everyone's suggestion a few months ago, I'm doing an AAdvantage Platinum challenge. So, I've essentially bet $200 that AA will continue to be my airline of choice for the next 2 years....hopefully it will be a wise bet. :)

We're flying LAX-MIA-SJU and reverse next week which is slightly more than 10k EQP's. I found a great Y-up fare that was only $140 more, round-trip (I still haven't figured out the reason for the bargain). At everyone's suggestion a few months ago, I'm doing an AAdvantage Platinum challenge. So, I've essentially bet $200 that AA will continue to be my airline of choice for the next 2 years....hopefully it will be a wise bet. :)

Have you opted in for the double miles promotion through the end of 2012?

• 3 weeks later...

I have some nice news....I booked a flight for next Wed from Jax to Miami

(booked it yesterday).....AA flies direct from here there....anyway,

today I was looking on line and realized if I had waited and booked today

it would be almost 70.00 less:eek:....I called AA and spoke with a really

nice rep...his name is Isaac and since it was still within 24 hours....

I was able to cancel the more expensive ticket and re-book at

better price:D.....

Yes, it is very last minute.....going on the 3 night Inaugural sailing

on Celebrity's newest ship, REFLECTION:D

Flew LAX-MIA-SJU and return a few weeks ago. AA ground and cabin employees were helpful and pleasant. All our flights were on time, except SJU-MIA which was delayed an hour due to a broken cooling fan in the weather radar. The pilot was very good with keeping us informed of what was going on.

I left my reading glasses on that flight and realized it enroute on the next flight. The cabin and flight crew went over and above trying to track them down (unsuccessfully).

The trip got me Plat status, so I'm flying AA again next week, LAX-HNL-LAX. Needless to say I have no qualms about flying AA and they're probably better right now than other legacy carriers.

and make me confident of my choice .Thanks.

Flying Xmas eve AM ,so will be crowded,I know.Just hope lines not TOO LONG,but will leave early.

Even booked a 2nd flight for return home,just in case, since transfer time tight and AA didnt have anything till much later.Worth the extra money,for peace of mind.Will TRY for first,but take 2nd if necessary.

Merry Xmas,all you frequent flyers.(your info has been so helpful to me):)

Archived