What electronic device(s) do you sail with?

RMM34667

Due to having to do a check on our business daily we have a netbook, not much business gets done due to the painfully slow internet connections on ships, and not risking ID theft at an internet cafe or sitting on a bench in a strange port.

My dentist just showed me photos of his trip to Australia that he had enlarged (almost poster sized) from his iphone - they were Amazing!

Cell phones go OFF when we leave port - batteries will keep dying roaming if you don't have int'l calling

What happened to just sending post cards and just packing clean underwear and a toothbrush? :D

:o I must have my power strip. Then my gallon size baggie with power cords for my Kindle touch, light for Kindle, camera, and Iphone. We took our laptop last year on our cruise and the only place we opened it was pre and post. Oh and then my DH left it on the van when we were transferring from the cruise ship to our hotel. I tipped the driver, and hotel clerk for helping us get it back. :rolleyes:

iPad, iPhones, Nook, FlipHD camera, Point & Shoot camera, various chargers & iPad camera connector.

The phones will be OFF and in the safe and I'm uploading all my video and pictures to the iPad via the camera connector.

My husband and I are seriously addicted to the internet (and I'm a web designer so it's work as well) and I WILL NOT GET ONLINE ON MY CRUISE, even in port! (I have to keep telling myself that :) ) The withdrawal may force me to eat more. ;)

Cell phone........ not a smart phone or Iphone or Android. Just a plain old cell that I just about never use.

A netbook. We have a 10" netbook I love for travel and we never leave home without it.

Ipad (e-reader for me, and movies for entertaining little one on plane)

Iphone (mp3 player, alarm clock, white noise machine, point and shoot camera and video, has my travel itinerary through TripIt, fail safe for stopping a crying toddler, and of course phone)

DSLR

I don't know how many times I've marveled at what I did before the iPhone/Smartphone. It's seriously the best thing ever.

I used to take a laptop -- but don't anymore.

There is no need for me to be on the Internet while on vacation.

The only item I take is a cell phone -- nothing fancy -- just to make basic calls.

I agree. I wouldn't lug my laptop either. Too big and heavy.

I love my little netbook. :) Wonderful !!!

My iPhone does pretty much everything (alarm - don't use the clock function but set the timer to go off in case its not in the right time zone, flashlight, GPS - Tomtom app, mp3 player, trip organizer, occasional email to coworkers just to brag ;) etc etc) so of course I take it but I also take my kindle for the pool deck days and sometimes my iPad for reading inside/night... I gave up on my laptop since it was too much hassle in airports and was too heavy. I'll probably take all 3 (phone, kindle, ipad) on my next trip since I've got about 19-20 hrs of flying to get to Honolulu and no doubt I'll drain the iPad and iPhone batteries enroute!

I gave up lugging my DSLR and assorted lenses as well... downsized to a nice canon point & shoot with a great zoom that takes pretty good pictures for a $200 camera.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

I have a Mophie Juice Pack for a 3GS I can let you have cheap. That's why I bought it. I also have a spare battery for the 3GS that I bought but was too chicken to install myself. And I hear you about the Canon camera. There is no doubt my photography would pale in comparison to yours.

Was able to replace our 3GS at the Apple store for under $70 a few months ago. The only thing wrong with it was the battery. (Apple exchanges instead of fixing in store).

Be careful using the cellphone as a clock. If it's not in airplane mode the time can get messed up.

When I cruise, and I do 30+ day cruises, I take my ereader for sea days and my digital camera. That's it. My vacation is also a vacation from the technology. If someone has to reach me they can call the ship. While many people cannot separate themselves from the technology, and I respect that, I find vacation more relaxing without it. Just a personal preference that many people will disagree with.

Oh...OK, that's how we're playing huh :)

In that case, I have to add a few things...

- Extension cord w/multi-tap

- Razor

- Beard trimmer

- Hot rollers

- Flat iron

- USB cigarette lighter adapter (for cell phone & rental cars)

- Small flashlight

I took my Belkin along on my last cruise and I didn't think it was as good as a power strip. It was just too inconvenient, with all the cords plugged into the Belkin. To me, it was more convenient using a power strip. I do find the Belkin handy at home though. I plug in my iPad in the AC outlet and my iPhone into one of the USB outlets.

Our cameras. Netbook so we can download pics every day. And I just got a tablet - mostly for games for travel and sea days. I took my Nook on our last cruise and didn't use it much so I think it'll stay home this time. We had our phones but they spent most of the time in the desk drawer. I would use my phone to send an occasional text - take phone out / turn it on / send text - "we're having fun" / turn it off and back in the drawer.

Archived