In room coffee maker??

First time on Royal Caribbean............can't wait.....Liberty of the Seas looks fantastic. Question.....is there a coffee maker in the balcony rooms?? Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong, but I thought the coffee makers were in the JS staterooms and above.

OK..... but..... "Is there a coffee maker in a balcony cabin on the Liberty" was the question.

Ooo that wasn't nice.

The simple answer then is no. There is no coffee maker in a balcony stateroom.

However to make up for this the OP can call room service anytime for a carafe of coffee. I hope you have a great cruise.

GS and above have a french press and a small electric pot to heat water, unless something changed recently.

They USED to have french presses, but alas, not that many people knew how to use them, and they became cracked and broken too easily, so now they have a coffee maker and a hot pot.:)

Rick

Royal Caribbean really needs to think about putting coffee makers in all cabins. I would be more than willing to bring my own coffee and special creamers if they would have the makers in the rooms.

And, what cruise line, might I ask, are you comparing this to???

Rick

Royal Caribbean really needs to think about putting coffee makers in all cabins. I would be more than willing to bring my own coffee and special creamers if they would have the makers in the rooms.

That would only result in a loss of revenue and a headache for the stateroom attendants. Not to mention the safety concerns.

Edited by gcvt

I agree about not having coffee makers in all staterooms and I am addicted to coffee. Right now I have five different flavored coffees from The World Market on my counter top.

We had plumbing problems on the Voyager a few years ago and when we called we told whoever answered the phone that we were very careful about what we flushed down the toilet. That person told us that the problem was with a cabin a few doors down from us and when one cabin had a problem there was a chance that several cabins would be affected.

So if someone decided to flush their coffee grinds down their toilet every day it will eventually caused several of their neighbors to have plumbing problems too.

I personally have never flushed coffee grounds down the toilet, they get dumped onto a tissue and thrown in the garbage. As far as safety issues, if they have an automatic shut off switch they are no more of a hazard than my curling iron or hair straightener, which almost every cabin that a woman is in, has one of those. The stateroom attendants have nothing to clean up, when I am done with my B&D travel coffee maker in the morning I put it back in my carrying case. To me, it isn't an incovenience because I enjoy my own coffee and I believe if it was a fire hazard they wouldn't have them in the JS and above. I would never do anything that would put anyone in jeopardy.

GS and above have a french press and a small electric pot to heat water, unless something changed recently.

It changed about two years ago, I think.

On some of the European itineraries, I believe that all cabins have a hot water kettle. We did not have one on Vision (D-1). On Brilliance we didn't have the coffeemaker in our JS, but our cabin steward would have gotten us one if we wanted it - we prefer to use the hot water kettle and instant coffee instead.

I would like to see the kettles in each cabin - I would bet that there wouldn't be a significant revenue loss, since room service coffee is free, and Lattetudes mainly sells the specialty coffees. Heck, if they don't have to bring room service to people who just want coffee, it might even save them some money.

I agree about not having coffee makers in all staterooms and I am addicted to coffee. Right now I have five different flavored coffees from The World Market on my counter top.

We had plumbing problems on the Voyager a few years ago and when we called we told whoever answered the phone that we were very careful about what we flushed down the toilet. That person told us that the problem was with a cabin a few doors down from us and when one cabin had a problem there was a chance that several cabins would be affected.

So if someone decided to flush their coffee grinds down their toilet every day it will eventually caused several of their neighbors to have plumbing problems too.

My DH and I travel quite a bit. I also travel approx 50% for work.

I've taken my own coffee on just about every cruise and on all our land vacations--regardless what country we are visiting.

I only drink a really good cup of coffee every am, but i drink it black. That means no band-aids will disguise an awful cup of coffee (i.e., cream, sugar)

I have been using the melita one cup coffee system for over 20 years. You can buy this plastic coffee filter holder for less than $5 at just about any grocery store. You use #2 cone type filters. You can place this small contraption on pretty much any cup.

European coffee is so strong that have added half hot water to it to make it drinkable. Plus, i like half decaf, and i mix a lb of flavor with a lb of Sumatra or some other medium roast.

I have never even considered or for a second thought to put grounds in toilet! Who does that??? I doubt anyone would do that on a cruise ship.

I also like my coffee very hot....185 is good. No one I know drinks their coffee as hot as I will pass on the delivered hot water (never hot enough), and I haven't used a hotel coffee pot for nearly 2 decades (same reason).

I'm thrilled there is a hot water kettle in our room. We've never had one in any of our rooms on Princess, Celebrity or HAL. So this will be quite welcome and perfect for my one cup milita!

Dawn

OK.... but..... Sometimes folks will offer additional information that they think might be helpful rather than just a yes or no answer.;)

You are correct, but the response given by the poster never offered a "Yes" or "No". It was just to call room service.

M

You are correct, but the response given by the poster never offered a "Yes" or "No". It was just to call room service.

M

Like I said, the poster offered additional info rather then just a yes or no answer. You can try to spin it any way you want but your comment was just a bit rude.

Edited by Gilgo Surfer