Gratuities

jhwells1994

This will be our first cruise, and I am confused about the gratuities. It says so much per day, but are we supposed to count the days or nights? We are on a 4 night Bahama on RCCL.

Upon check-in they start your account with the cruise. Tips are added daily to it. You don't count anything, just check the statement for accuracy on the last day. (and it will be per night)

This will be our first cruise, and I am confused about the gratuities. It says so much per day, but are we supposed to count the days or nights? We are on a 4 night Bahama on RCCL.

Nights and it will be added to your account automatically.

Nights.....your departure day isn't really "a day"...they only want you off the ship the last morning. Tipping is traditionally done on the last evening, if you are tipping in cash. Most lines simply add the appropriate tip to your bill.

Upon check-in they start your account with the cruise. Tips are added daily to it. You don't count anything, just check the statement for accuracy on the last day. (and it will be per night)

Nights and it will be added to your account automatically.

That's the trouble with posting a question in this vague "Ask a Cruise Question" forum rather than on the specific board. As sparky-elpaso mentioned, RCI does NOT add gratuities automatically, no way. I hope OP realizes this or s/he may be in for a surprise and some embarrassment.

Archived