End of Elite cocktail party?

d5480

Which is it? One, two or three coupons? Very confusing.

I agree with those that state that once we pay up, we should be allowed the concessions we signed up to - that includes the elite cocktail hour.

Even if there are so many people that you can't find a seat or find a waiter to get a drink?:confused:

Just completed our first Celebrity cruise on Century. Being D+ on RC made us Elite, and we would have liked the vouchers instead of going to the Captain's Club. There were quite a few Elites on our cruise so it was held in the Crystal Lounge and even with a larger venue, it was sometimes difficult to find a seat. We only went a few times as we found it much more enjoyable (and quiet) in the Hemisphere Lounge.

Sherri:)

It shouldn't be confusing....every post has said that they issued two coupons the first night and then they changed to issuing three coupons each night when there would have been an elite cocktail time.

I agree with those that state that once we pay up, we should be allowed the concessions we signed up to - that includes the elite cocktail hour.

You didn't sign up for the free cocktail hour, it is a perk of your level within the loyalty scheme, nothing else.

Just completed our first Celebrity cruise on Century. Being D+ on RC made us Elite, and we would have liked the vouchers instead of going to the Captain's Club. There were quite a few Elites on our cruise so it was held in the Crystal Lounge and even with a larger venue, it was sometimes difficult to find a seat. We only went a few times as we found it much more enjoyable (and quiet) in the Hemisphere Lounge.

Sherri:)

we were in the Century in October for a San Diego - Hawaii - San Diego cruise and the Elite cocktail reception was in the Crystal Lounge. We were there every night and never had a problem getting a seat or a drink.

Hi Telboy,

This is your opinion of course, but many of us think that what they advertise on the website at the time we book should be honored or, if they change their plans we should be able to change ours without penalty. I can see doing some sort of equitable substitution like the vouchers for party idea when the latter becomes impractical, but the "benefit" we purchased should still be there when we sail. For those of us who have sailed enough to get the extra perks, those perks become part of the purchasing decision. Perhaps for you they are not (as you've implied), but I think for most people, at least for us, we consider everything when trying to decide which cruise to take. Celebrity's loyalty program makes the cruise line we like even more attractive to us.

As I said, I believe providing something of equal value in an effort to make it still work seems like a fair alternative, but doing something like arbitrarily deciding that people of Elite level no longer get benefits that were advertised when they booked the cruise (like if they change the whole program) may or may not be as fair.

For example, if they decided the voucher or party is now only for "Elite Pluses" or whatever they call them, and Elite Minuses no longer get the benefit (or perk), I think that wouldn't be fair to those who booked based on what the website said at the time they booked. Otherwise, it becomes like a bait and switch in a way. They could easily honor the original deal for those particular cruises in a similar way that they would provide benefits for "only new bookings".

They do have the right to change the website and program and say, "from this point on..." and let people make their own decisions about future cruises.

Tom

You didn't sign up for the free cocktail hour, it is a perk of your level within the loyalty scheme, nothing else.

It shouldn't be confusing....every post has said that they issued two coupons the first night and then they changed to issuing three coupons each night when there would have been an elite cocktail time.

So, why do they issue only two on the first night? When you say first night I assume that is boarding day.

What is all the fuss about? We were on the Eclipse T/A oct. I mentioned in a previous post even 3 drinks were too much.Had amarvellous time on the 14th floor looking at the ocean- saw tons of dophins one evening ( while every ones else was whining) made many new friends- is this the same ship we were on?

If the number of Elites is greater than the capacity of the largest bar onboard, what is your solution?

So, why do they issue only two on the first night? When you say first night I assume that is boarding day.

Because this was the first time they did it....and I guess they decided to try it with two coupons. Based on the feedback, by the second day, they realized that two was causing too many customer issues, so they changed to three and now if there are coupon sailings, you will get three coupons on any night when you get coupons.

No...there is never an elite cocktail event on boarding day....it starts the following evening.

Because this was the first time they did it....and I guess they decided to try it with two coupons. Based on the feedback, by the second day, they realized that two was causing too many customer issues, so they changed to three and now if there are coupon sailings, you will get three coupons on any night when you get coupons.

No...there is never an elite cocktail event on boarding day....it starts the following evening.

Thanks for your info. I thought they changed and added a night on boarding day. To me first day meant boarding day. Wishful thinking. LOL

I think the overcrowding situation has two distinct causes - one is adding reciprocity with RCCL. The other is simply that Celebrity has now been in existence for quite a number of years so many of us who mainly cruise Celebrity have now been doing so for close to 20years. Something has to give. I personally wouldn't mind the vouchers (presuming they keep three) but if they do so I would prefer they not limit them to a particular time frame. Frankly, what's the point of that?? I can see a timeframe when it is a 'free for all' but when you can only 'spend' so many coupons anyway what the heck difference does it make? People talked about alternative ideas. Here's one. (I'm sure it's not perfect and no doubt I will soon hear about how:D). Extend the time frame of the Elite event from 4-8. Keep it in one place, but give people coupons to use. Once the coupons run out, you are free to stay and socialize if that is your thing and/or buy more drinks. This would be easy to transition to an 'Elite Plus' level as well. Elite gets X amount of coupons; Elite Plus gets Y amount of coupons. They all socialize together.

My guess is they are limiting the time to 5-7 as the Social Hour is billed as a time to meet other frequent cruises and chat. In fact I believe there were quite a few on this thread that mentioned this as the best part of the perk. If you can use the vouchers anytime during the day or evening, it defeats the purpose of meeting other Elites.

Having followed this thread, anyone reading this at Celebrity in Miami has to be scratching their heads. They had a capacity problem on the Eclipse, came up with a solution, tweaked it after getting passenger feedback, and still there are 600+ post here, many of them complaints, mostly from folks who were not on the Eclipse. At this point I have to think there has been some discussion that no matter what they do to try to be fair, they will still receive a ton of negative feedback.

How many bars on the ship will accept these vouchers from 5 - 7PM? Plus take orders from people who are not Elite and at the bar, too?

I personally would like to be able to use those 3 daily vouchers anytime from 5 - midnight. Not only from 5 - 7PM. JMHO.

Imo they would never change the hours to 5-12 or even 5-8 with the ability to take it to the dinner ,people would stop buying the beverage pkg.

You are absolutely right or heaven forbid some would have to buy the odd drink themselves:rolleyes:

Phil

Phil are you telling me some folks only drink when it's free? I never realised Celebrity was targeting Aberdonians only!

And ps before anyone goes ape, I am a second generation Aberdonian and I still have that wonderful postcard we all laughed at it sent us up so well. Aberdeen on a street charity collection day (top pic town centre empty) Aberdeen on a house to house collection day (bottom pic) town centre packed!

My guess is they are limiting the time to 5-7 as the Social Hour is billed as a time to meet other frequent cruises and chat. In fact I believe there were quite a few on this thread that mentioned this as the best part of the perk. If you can use the vouchers anytime during the day or evening, it defeats the purpose of meeting other Elites.

Having followed this thread, anyone reading this at Celebrity in Miami has to be scratching their heads. They had a capacity problem on the Eclipse, came up with a solution, tweaked it after getting passenger feedback, and still there are 600+ post here, many of them complaints, mostly from folks who were not on the Eclipse. At this point I have to think there has been some discussion that no matter what they do to try to be fair, they will still receive a ton of negative feedback.

Well said,and we totally agree.

The news on Reflection today.. we have not seen the voucher, will arrive tonite.. but I tink vouchers will be dated.

“Dear Elite Member,

We’re glad to welcome you aboard Celebrity Reflection’s first transatlantic voyage. Due to the extraordinary popularity of this sailing with our Elite members, we will be offering you the choice to enjoy your evening cocktail around various bars and lounges across the ship. We hope you take this opportunity to experience each location’s unique ambiance.

Elite Beverage Vouchers:

· Valid from 5:00pm – 7:00pm daily, excluding the evening of embarkation

· For use in bars or lounges, excluding Molecular Bar, Michael’s Club, Cellar Masters and Cafe al Bacio

· Not valid in the main Dining Room or Specialty Restaurants

· Beverages not on the menu will be charged to your Seapass account

· Kindly present your Voucher and Seapass card at the time of ordering

· Vouchers will be delivered on embarkation day and cannot be replaced if lost

· Vouchers are not transferable or redeemable for cash

Please enjoy the selection offered on the Captain’s Club Cocktail Menu:

We value your loyalty and thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises.”

Archived