Current QM2 TA Blog

Koukla-mou

Being in a Britannia Club Balcony has its advantages. In addition to flexible dining in a separate restaurant, these staterooms all come with a full bottle of Pol Acker sparkling wine, plush bathrobes and slippers, and a pillow concierge menu with nine different options.

Emphasis mine, is this an advantage????

I like his first entry in the blog and nice of him to post his excellent photos (expensive to do when at sea!). From his photo on deck 3L, it looks like they have closed the windows due to the storm. Safety first but it's too bad: that would be the place to be to truly experience this sea!

Rob

I like his first entry in the blog and nice of him to post his excellent photos (expensive to do when at sea!). From his photo on deck 3L, it looks like they have closed the windows due to the storm. Safety first but it's too bad: that would be the place to be to truly experience this sea!

Rob

I don't think so Rob, the horizontal lines are reflections of the opposite walls and those windows are thick enough to withstand the heaviest of seas. It was dark when they were taken I think.

Thank you for that great link! Love the part: "Can I be honest? I wanted bad weather on this trip, because I’ve always wanted to see what this beautiful piece of engineering brilliance can do." Good to know I'm not the only one who secretly wishes for some rough seas :)

Thank you for that great link! Love the part: "Can I be honest? I wanted bad weather on this trip, because I’ve always wanted to see what this beautiful piece of engineering brilliance can do." Good to know I'm not the only one who secretly wishes for some rough seas :)

You may find the following video of interest if you like it a little rough!!!

I don't think so Rob, the horizontal lines are reflections of the opposite walls and those windows are thick enough to withstand the heaviest of seas. It was dark when they were taken I think.

I thought that's how they were built too thus my shock! But now that I look at it again, you are right. Was probably taken at night too.

If the seas get rough, I'll pop an Avomine and sit in one of those chairs!

Rob

I don't know - it has the feel of a paid blog to me. A little too gushing.

The author makes clear elsewhere on his site that he gets most of his cruises at very little cost - but still tells it warts and all - lets see if he finds any warts!

I don't know - it has the feel of a paid blog to me. A little too gushing.

Sorry to disagree ...slightly. Aaron Saunders is a professional travel writer,locally very well known. His articles, blogs and general reviews are norotiously unbiased and he does project a good deal of enthusiasm in every thing he writes. Perhaps he gets ''special'' $$ treatment when booking himself on a cruise voyage but , I M O ( IMO !! ), he's not a ''paid cheerleader'' at all....far from it.

He writes regular columns for both our main dailies in Vancouver/ B.C.

I'm glad he's on that particular sailing as you'll get the ''full deal'' from him....good and bad.

So far, he's gushing simply because, like a lot of us, he likes the experience of a ''lively sea'' and thus couldn't have picked a better sailing to live thru the experience.

Cheers

The author makes clear elsewhere on his site that he gets most of his cruises at very little cost - but still tells it warts and all - lets see if he finds any warts!

So he is a Professional Travel Writer and does not pay the full fare for his cruises. Enough said.

Archived