World Cruise 2015

Keith1010

Could you clarify that comment for me please. Surely it doesn't mean that if one books the full World Cruise now and pays 20% deposit that you can't select a stateroom but have to wait until December 2014 for it to be assigned?

Anne

Not December of 2014.

If you wanted to book the 2015 full world cruise now and are not booked on the 2014 World Cruise it would be like you are doing a guarantee booking. This is because they give those on the full 2014 WC priority and they have until a certain date to make a booking. After that date, they give priority to those booked on the 2013 full WC. By mid December of this year, they will then assign cabins to all those who put deposits down for the full 2015 WC.

We went though this in 2007. We gave them our top four cabins in priority order (you could give them more) and we got our second choice.

Keith

Okay, I haven't found the deck plan that shows B & C cabin locations AFTER the reclassification. But from Keith's breakdown above, I can figure out on my own where the C's are located. Keith (or anyone) do you have a breakdown as to which cabin ranges are B1, B2 & B 3. Please?

Okay, I haven't found the deck plan that shows B & C cabin locations AFTER the reclassification. But from Keith's breakdown above, I can figure out on my own where the C's are located. Keith (or anyone) do you have a breakdown as to which cabin ranges are B1, B2 & B 3. Please?

Becky,

Go to the Crystal site and click on any of the cruises after the change. In the right hand column is a link to the deck plan. Click on it and VOILA!

Patty

Becky, here goes.

B3 is 8002-8035.

B2 is 8060-8071 and 8118 - 8137.

Everything else on deck 8 is a B1 category.

Keith

Could you clarify that comment for me please. Surely it doesn't mean that if one books the full World Cruise now and pays 20% deposit that you can't select a stateroom but have to wait until December 2014 for it to be assigned?

Anne

That is correct. I paid my 20% but staterooms won't be booked until the 2014 and 2013 WCers choose theirs. Not first come first served at all! Prior WCers get first pick. We gave our TA a list of choices but who knows if we will get any of them. We will be on the ship in mid-December so hopefully we can work with Nikki on this if we need to.

Wow....we were intrigued by this WC itinerary when it was first announced! We'd start saving today, but I can't imagine leaving our four-legged child that long. Really special itinerary, with a great mix of interesting and beautiful places that we probably won't see unless on a cruise. Not to mention the ease of beginning and ending in Miami...an easy shot from the west coast. As ijkh mentioned earlier on this thread, we are at the point in our lives when we realize we want/need more experiences and less "stuff".

Wow....we were intrigued by this WC itinerary when it was first announced! We'd start saving today' date=' but I can't imagine leaving our four-legged child that long. Really special itinerary, with a great mix of interesting and beautiful places that we probably won't see unless on a cruise. Not to mention the ease of beginning and ending in Miami...an easy shot from the west coast. As ijkh mentioned earlier on this thread, we are at the point in our lives when we realize we want/need more experiences and less "stuff".[/quote']

Caryn, I wish I could say bring the four legged dog. :D

Oh, and wonderful weather for paddle tennis on those nice sea days.

Think of all of the games. Wow!

Keith

I went ahead and set up Roll Calls for each voyage of the 2015 World Cruise as well as for the full World Cruise.

Only 27 months to go for the start of the World Cruise and 30 months to go until the start of the last voyage of the World Cruise.

Keith

Roll Call: V5302F – Crystal Serenity - 2015 World Cruise Miami To Miami

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1720254

Roll Call: V5302 – Crystal Serenity – Miami to Lima - January 15, 2015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35664458#post35664458

Roll Call: V5303– Crystal Serenity – Lima to Auckland - January 31, 2015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35664487#post35664487

V5304 – Crystal Serenity – Auckland to Perth - February 20, 2015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35664504#post35664504

Roll Call: V5305 – Crystal Serenity – Perth to Cape Town - March 13, 2015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35664529#post35664529

Roll Call: V5306 – Crystal Serenity – Cape Town to Rio - April 3, 2015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35664543#post35664543

Roll Call: V5307 – Crystal Serenity – Rio to Miami - April 18, 2015

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35664574#post35664574

That is correct. I paid my 20% but staterooms won't be booked until the 2014 and 2013 WCers choose theirs. Not first come first served at all! Prior WCers get first pick. We gave our TA a list of choices but who knows if we will get any of them. We will be on the ship in mid-December so hopefully we can work with Nikki on this if we need to.

I think this system is unfair. I thought Crystal prided itself on treating people equally. This rewards those who have had both time and money in the past to take full world cruises.

Furthermore, it rewards travel agencies that have booked those customers in the past because those passengers are likely to book with them again. I don't want to book a FWC as a newbie and have to wait around to get whatever leftovers are available to book.

It kind of reminds me of rent control and also of the episode on Seinfeld where Elaine went to a funeral in hopes of securing the apartment of someone who had died.

Caryn, I wish I could say bring the four legged dog. :D

Oh, and wonderful weather for paddle tennis on those nice sea days.

Think of all of the games. Wow!

Keith

As silly as it may sound, I just don't think we can be away from our "child" that long! But the 2015 WC itinerary looks wonderful! And I think the experience of not only seeing many places we haven't seen yet, but having the extended time to relax, foster friendships, and play lots of paddle tennis would be incredibly special. I might even sleep better knowing it is a much longer countdown on the ship from 108 days than it is 12 (I tend to get a little frenetic about not wanting to miss out on anything!)! Maybe I should at least look into the logistics of making a deposit since we could think of it as saving for a special 25 +1 wedding anniversary! :)

As silly as it may sound' date=' I just don't think we can be away from our "child" that long! But the 2015 WC itinerary looks wonderful! And I think the experience of not only seeing many places we haven't seen yet, but having the extended time to relax, foster friendships, and play lots of paddle tennis would be incredibly special. I might even sleep better knowing it is a much longer countdown on the ship from 108 days than it is 12 (I tend to get a little frenetic about not wanting to miss out on anything!)! Maybe I should at least look into the logistics of making a deposit since we could think of it as saving for a special 25 +1 wedding anniversary! :)[/quote']

Caryn, we took our first World Cruise for our 30 year anniversary. Ouch, are we that old!! :)

At first we were going to take a 30 day cruise which would have been great.

But while on board the Serenity we spoke with a couple who two friends who we met a few years earlier on a Crystal Cruise had us meet. They had been on the World Cruise a few months earlier and after they walked us through all that it entailed Anne Marie and I talked it through that night and then saw Nikki the on board consultant the next day and put in a waitlist deposit. By the way as newbies to this we didn't get our room assignment until mid-December about thirteen months before the World Cruise and were very pleased with it.

Anyway, we are so happy to have taken it. While we had both traveled it really opened up our eyes and we found it to be a true journey rather than a cruise.

In many ways the ship becomes a small village and you get to know fellow guests and crew in a very special way. And you get to see so many different places over a few months. We grew so much from that experience.

I realize there are challenges to be away for so long including your four legged child.

For us it has exceeded all of our expectations.

And if I am on the ship enough maybe I could be as good a paddle tennis player as you if I could blind fold you and make you use your other hand to hold the paddle. Even then, I think you would beat me. :D

Keith

Keith, thank you for your insight. And thank you for your paddle tennis compliments....Stan and I had never played before sailing on Crystal, but have really enjoyed it. We dfinitely need to sail with you and Anne Marie so we can bat the ball around, walk the promenade, and enjoy a nice meal and conversation! Am I correct in thinking WC deposits are 20%? We would simply request cabin choices, and then we would be assigned one at the end of 2014?

My best to you and Anne Marie, and thanks again for the information, insight, and kind words :)

Caryn

Caryn, the deposit for the World Cruise is 20% and you will receive your cabin assignment by around December of 2012 (this year). Just provide a list of say the top four or even eight cabin you would like in priority order.

Anne Marie and I send our very best to you and to Stan.

Keith

Keith or anyone else ---- if we were to take a cruise between now and the 2015 WC' date=' can we receive an onboard booking discount? What if we have already placed a deposit on the WC? Thank you in advance :)[/quote']

Yes, just bring your booking number with you and talk to the On-Board Booking Consultant, and they will contact LA to adjust the amount you still owe to reflect the OB booking discount. They do this all the time.

Phyllis

Yes, just bring your booking number with you and talk to the On-Board Booking Consultant, and they will contact LA to adjust the amount you still owe to reflect the OB booking discount. They do this all the time.

Phyllis

How much is the onboard booking discount? I'll be sailing in November and could sign up for the 2015 WC then if I save even more $$$. :D

How much is the onboard booking discount? I'll be sailing in November and could sign up for the 2015 WC then if I save even more $$$. :D

It's usually the same amount as the Crystal Society discount. And you can sign up for the WC now and then just bring your booking # with you on the November sailing. You don't have to actually book on-board, just have a valid booking #.

Phyllis

Phyllis

Thank you Phyllis. :)

I'm crunching numbers to see if I can make this voyage fit into my budget. I worried that there would be a lot of visa fees. Did a quick search on the Pinnacle website. Unless I took one of my stupid pills today, looks like there are only 3 countries that have visa requirements: Australia, Madagascar & (a big whopping one for) Brazil. can this be true???

Becky did you notice this little beauty at the bottom of the pricing page?

in the fine print:

Cruise-Only Fares are per person in U.S. dollars, double occupancy and do not include cruise port, security and handling charges of $2,275

Plus the Visa fees.

That is a significant little fee. Not a deal breaker but still lots to consider.

Any idea on what the Visas will cost?

Are there any other little fees or other costs to consider?

thanks,

Ilene

Archived