Hi all ...first post here!!

Debmacd

Hi to everyone ... Excited to say that I have just booked my first ever 12 day Med/Greek Island cruise . We are leaving Halifax and sailing out of Rome on sept 26th... Just hoping I can get the flights to make it all come together. Just wondering if there are any other cruisers from eastern Canada who have cruised into Rome and out of Venus that might offer some tips .. Thanks

Welcome to the boards, you will also find some friends who are specifically going on your cruise on the roll calls, I was trying work out exactly which cruise you were on to post you the link here but I could not, sorry

Enjoy your year or so of planning, the time will fly by and in the meantime, ask us all as many questions as you like

Hi to everyone ... Excited to say that I have just booked my first ever 12 day Med/Greek Island cruise . We are leaving Halifax and sailing out of Rome on sept 26th... Just hoping I can get the flights to make it all come together. Just wondering if there are any other cruisers from eastern Canada who have cruised into Rome and out of Venus that might offer some tips .. Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic. This is a great board for general information as you get nearer your cruise. YOu might want to check the roll call for your cruise. These are people who will actually be on the cruise with you. Here is a link to the roll calls, find your ship and then date. Some may be in the same position you are.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

Hi , We are from Halifax!! Wecome neighbour!. We sailed out of Barcelona . Try calling Cruise Air. They had the best deal for us. Other Canadians say they have used charter flights but most of them are out of Toronto or Montreal. ( Air Transat)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. Sorry, we have never cruised out of Venus, just couldn't afford the flights to get there.:D:D:D

You can also go to the Port of Calls board here and look under Greece and Italy. There you find lots of usable information and you will see pax will ask questions that you yourself were just thinking about!

There is also the famous book "Mediterranean Cruise Ports" by Rick Steves, especially geared towards cruisers and what to visit in port, how to get there and lots of other good stuff.

A Med cruise requires a lot of planning and the anticipation can be a lot of fun.

Best tip I can give is to make sure you leave the ship early when you do a major sightsee. Also to plan in some R & R which should not be hard to do on the Greek Isles:D

Looks like you are on the Silhouette on its 26 Sep 2013 tweleve nighter. Their Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1631103 already has 104 posts [no, I didn't read them] so go there to met some of your fellow cruisers.

ChoiceAir is really great for one-way International [i have used it several times with a TransAtlantic cruise return], but tends to be about the same price for round-trip tickets, but definitely worth checking for price comparison.

Plan to go several days ahead so that air complications don't cause you to miss the ship, and because there are worse places to stay than Rome;). If it was me I'd also spend a couple of days in Venus [after all she is the Goddess of Love] or Venice as the case may be:).

If you need someone to carry your bags, I'll do it for free if you pay my passage.

Welcome to CruiseCritic and have a wonderful cruise.

Thom

Archived