Latest I can show up for embarkation?

Trying to let my daughter finish her first 4 classes (11:30)before heading that direction(galveston). I live about 1 1/2 hrs away from dock.That puts us there at 1pm if all goes well. I don't want to cut it close. Usually we try to be one of the first to board. The boat pulls out of dock at 4pm.

Trying to let my daughter finish her first 4 classes (11:30)before heading that direction(galveston). I live about 1 1/2 hrs away from dock.That puts us there at 1pm if all goes well. I don't want to cut it close. Usually we try to be one of the first to board. The boat pulls out of dock at 4pm.

Hopefully you don't hit traffic, but you should be OK. They want you on board by 3:00 PM, so you have a 2 hour cushion. Personally, I would keep DD home from school so the day is less stressful and then you can be at the port at 10:30 AM since you prefer to be one of the first to board.

One time we were given the wrong directions for the park & cruise lot and we ended up way on the wrong side of town. We didn't make it to the port until 4:30 for a 4pm leaving time. OMG I was in panic mode! Anyways we got there and the check in was totally empty and the check in person didn't seem to be in any rush. When we asked why she said the boat doesn't actually leave until 5.....? Not sure if we got verrry lucky or not.

However, we now always plan to be there very early just in case of traffic, bad maps, etc etc etc! Much too stressfull the other way around!

One time we were given the wrong directions for the park & cruise lot and we ended up way on the wrong side of town. We didn't make it to the port until 4:30 for a 4pm leaving time. OMG I was in panic mode! Anyways we got there and the check in was totally empty and the check in person didn't seem to be in any rush. When we asked why she said the boat doesn't actually leave until 5.....? Not sure if we got verrry lucky or not.

However, we now always plan to be there very early just in case of traffic, bad maps, etc etc etc! Much too stressfull the other way around!

Thankfully you were lucky. But it is my experience if the ship arrives on time it departs on time. And, considering all the things that can go wrong with an automobile trip getting you to the port I wouldn't chance it. Why start the trip in "stress" mode. Get there early and enjoy your day....besides your daughter will be so antsy that anything said in class will just go in one ear and out the other.

Not saying you are/will be but I hate those that are walking on all casually while we are all mustering...they just walk on like it's no big deal...I'd be haulin ass lol we all wanna get going and you (not YOU, you in general) are holding things up :cool:

I love NCL as those who don't show to muster have to show to a makeup muster, you dont get out of it

take her out earlier, come join the party :D

You should be fine.

That's why many experienced cruisers fly in the day before and leisurely take their time getting to the port in the AM. Much less stressful.

I didnt check into Magic until AFTER 3 pm.. and there were dozens in line checking in that I walked past after I checked in VIP. They said VIP would be shutting down soon .. but no one acted like this was out of the norm.

If you have your boarding pass.. no big rush.. but I personally would want to be there before 3 pm.. I just didnt have a choice, I had to drive from NOLA and got off Conquest late that morning.

If you have your boarding pass.. no big rush.. but I personally would want to be there before 3 pm.. I just didnt have a choice, I had to drive from NOLA and got off Conquest late that morning.

Fire....it's a shame you were running late because of your B2B......your TA twisted your arm and made you go on one of those cruises, right? Many of us wish we had that problem and also be able to cruise a dozen times over a 17 month period from 9/12-2/14. :rolleyes:

Kind of the same "boat" :D here. Our flight comes in at 12:54 at MCO then 45-60 minute drive. Checkin online so we have up till 3 to board. Just hope it all clicks that day hopefully yours will too.

I don't know how to gingerly say this but you're nuts. 1) Checked luggage? 2) Airline delays of any kind 3) Are you renting a car or taking a shuttle from MCO to Pt Canaveral? You have a two hour window to go from airport to cruise port assuming that the plane lands on time and 45 minutes minimum is driving, leaving you with an hour and a quarter.

All I can say is....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

EDIT...Just noticed on your signature that you're booked in a Cove Balcony, but you can't fly in a day early and have a less stressful cruise....to each his own. Best of luck, cause you're going to need it.

Kind of the same "boat" :D here. Our flight comes in at 12:54 at MCO then 45-60 minute drive. Checkin online so we have up till 3 to board. Just hope it all clicks that day hopefully yours will too.

Okay I would be too stressed out :eek: get in (if on time) at 1:00, grab luggage, get to car or transportation to port (give or take 20-30min) then hour drive, park, check in, whew too close for me :D

I always go the day before just in case, that way the day of the cruise I wake up and am a ease..but I understand that everyone can't do this, this is just what I prefer to do

1 going with us can't travel on Friday and I didn't want to leave her behind to travel alone. Should something happen we will find another adventure ;) if all else fails will fly to meet ship. For some reason not to worried about this but don't change my steakhouse ressie without telling me :eek:

Personally, I would keep her home for the day. Think about it, if you are coming from Houston on 45, what if there is a wreck and you get stuck behind it. It happens. OR if you are coming by way of the ferry, well, I've nearly missed the ship waiting because the second ferry broke down and the lines were ridiculous. Just not worth the stress.

In December, DD, 23 (turning 24 during the cruise :D), and I will be driving from Lumberton, which is outside of Beaumont, early on the day we cruise. We figure being that close, we have multiple options if things go wrong.

If you are local to the area and know routes and back roads if needed and the parking routine you should be fine. We have left after church on a Sunday and drove an hour to Galveston and boarded in plenty of time.

Be aware the EzCruise parking uses a remote parking lot for some Carnival Triumph sailings and that could add 30 minutes to the parking routine.

I didnt check into Magic until AFTER 3 pm.. and there were dozens in line checking in that I walked past after I checked in VIP. They said VIP would be shutting down soon .. but no one acted like this was out of the norm.

What time did the Magic leave for your cruise?

Fire....it's a shame you were running late because of your B2B......your TA twisted your arm and made you go on one of those cruises, right? Many of us wish we had that problem and also be able to cruise a dozen times over a 17 month period from 9/12-2/14. :rolleyes:

He offered me a free balcony on deck 10 of conquest.. if you want to call that a offer I had trouble refusing, yep.

What time did the Magic leave for your cruise?

We left at 4 pm.. I didnt get to eat one bite.. and hadnt eaten anything but potato chips and candy I had in the car. they even closed the pizza for the muster drill so we could leave.

I was HUNGRY.

They said too bad.. go to muster drill :D

I might keep her home all day or maybe she could go to her first 2 classes.:confused: The last 2 cruises cruises I've been on out of galveston no one boarded till after 5pm because of fog in the ship channel. I know I can't count on that. Even though lately it sure has been foggy. When it comes down to it we all will probably be to excited to wait that long. Thanks for the input.

Tammy

Archived