Which beach?

Sandoo

We are a large group ranging in age from 16-82. Which beach would you all recommend. We are willing to take taxis to get there. We would prefer a beach that has access to some food, restrooms, chairs and perhaps some shade for the older ones amongst us. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Is 7-mile beach one long beach or is it divided up into different hotel/restaurants? How do we know where to get off of the bus? We need a beach with food, restrooms and perhaps some kind of shade. Thanks for the feedback thus far!!!! :)

It's divided up into several named sections. Popular areas that cater to cruise visitors and that have good facilities and rentals are Royal Palms, Sea Grape/Public Beach and Tiki Beach. There are lots of reviews and threads in this forum about the various sections.

We enjoy going to 7 mile beach especially the one called TIKI BEACH. It has loungers, food, clean restrooms, and beautiful sand. All for a price.

Remember a lot of locals frequent the beaches, so you would have to be careful of your personal belongings.

We usually leave one person with the beach stuff at all times while the others swim.

Mind you we travel in the summer, and that beach gets quite hot!!! You will probably only make it there a couple hours.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

We enjoy going to 7 mile beach especially the one called TIKI BEACH. It has loungers, food, clean restrooms, and beautiful sand. All for a price.

Remember a lot of locals frequent the beaches, so you would have to be careful of your personal belongings.

We usually leave one person with the beach stuff at all times while the others swim.

Mind you we travel in the summer, and that beach gets quite hot!!! You will probably only make it there a couple hours.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

So you can do Tiki Beach by going on the bus and have access to restrooms, chair rentals, etc without booking an excursion? Is there an entry fee just to use the beach?

We are planning a beach day at GC and trying to decide which beach and the easiest, cheapest way to do it.

• 2 months later...

While reading these board, the areas mentioned along 7 Mile Beach are Royal Palms, Sea Grape, Tiki Beach and Calico Jack's. Please advise the order of these places from the pier. For example, which place is the closest to the pier, and the next one, etc. Also, which place do you prefer? We plan on renting chairs, umbrellas and want clean rest rooms nearby.

While reading these board, the areas mentioned along 7 Mile Beach are Royal Palms, Sea Grape, Tiki Beach and Calico Jack's. Please advise the order of these places from the pier. For example, which place is the closest to the pier, and the next one, etc. Also, which place do you prefer? We plan on renting chairs, umbrellas and want clean rest rooms nearby.

In order of distance from the pier (closest to furthest):

Pageant Beach

Marriott Beach Resort

Royal Palms

Grand Cayman Beach Suites (Old Hyatt)

Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman

Westin Casuarina Resort

Governor's Beach

Seven Mile Beach Public Beach

Calico Jacks restaurant and bar

Sea Grape

Surfside Beach bar and restaurant

Tiki Beach

Cemetery Beach

West Bay district (includes Hell, Turtle farm, and Dolphin encounter attractions)

Drew: please advise which area of the Seven Mile Beach you prefer. Are people allowed to walk the beach? For example, if you are staying in the Royal Palms area, can you walk onto the beach by the Ritz Carlton and Westin, or is there a barrier which wouldn't permit you to do so?

It's all one long stretch, just with different access points, hotels, condos and beach clubs. You can easily walk between sections.

Everyone has their own preferred section, I'm sure, but it's really a matter of what you're looking for. Some sections, the ones in bold, have facilities open to cruise ship visitors. My DH and I prefer Royal Palms, but I know lots of families prefer the Sea Grape/Public Beach section since there's a playground for the kids. Tiki Beach tends to have more excursions so it can sometimes be crowded but their facilities are nice. I haven't been to Surfside yet, but I know the owners and trust them to have a welcoming spot with good facilities.

We were there twice last month on Valor & Glory. Wanted a taxi to Royal Palms or a resort day pass, got talked into Calico Jacks. Second week went to Royal Palms. Have to say I liked RP the best. Taxi is $4pp to RP; $5pp to CJ's. Chairs cost a little more at RP but the food was better, CJ's is a beach bar and the beach is an afterthought, much too small and chairs jammed in there. Seven Mile Beach is nice and I'd give the nod to Royal Palms.

The best bet for such a diverse group would be Royal Palms, there's a good bar and restaurant (ReefGrill), jet-ski and chair rentals, covered cabanas (tents) as well as a pool if someone doesn't care to be on the beach. They offer packages, just contact them to reserve what you want. Also check their webcam.

Archived