Freedom Adult Pool/Hot Tub

The only thing to remember is that on cold weather cruises they often set aside time for families to use the indoor pool.

Just to clarify so the Op isn't confused, the Solarium on Freedom is not indoor. So this is not an issue.

A great adult perk included in your fare. Enjoy.

The only thing to remember is that on cold weather cruises they often set aside time for families to use the indoor pool.

There is no indoor pool on the Freedom class. It is my favorite Solarium of all the class of RC ships Enjoy. March should be fine.

Is the Adult Pool and Hot Tub included in the cruise fare or is this an area that is charged per use?

It's supposed to be an adult pool and hot tub, but there seems to be a trend where some parents bring their kids into this area because they do not believe the rules apply to them. RCCL seldom talks to anyone about kids in the pool or this area.

Just a warning so you are not surprised

It's supposed to be an adult pool and hot tub, but there seems to be a trend where some parents bring their kids into this area because they do not believe the rules apply to them. RCCL seldom talks to anyone about kids in the pool or this area.

Been on the Explorer twice. When minors came into the Solarium, securituy promptly removed them.

Was on the Oasis, never saw a kid in the Solarium, probably because that is the last place on the ship a kid would want to be.

If parents bring their kids to the Solarium, find security, and have them removed.

Do other lines charge for an adult area? If so, do you know which ones.

I did a HAL cruise earlier this year. Their sorta-solarium was a large adults only thalasotherapy pool that was just off the main pool. It was something like $40 person per day to use.

Also, I originally had a Princess cruise booked for that trip. From what I researched on the ship I booked (Grand), there was an adults only serenity area that had a fee. I canceled that cruise though and didn't actually experience it, so if I'm wrong, I'm sure someone else will speak up.

Been on the Explorer twice. When minors came into the Solarium, securituy promptly removed them.

Was on the Oasis, never saw a kid in the Solarium, probably because that is the last place on the ship a kid would want to be.

If parents bring their kids to the Solarium, find security, and have them removed.

Maybe I'm unlucky or you are lucky but the crew on Allure and Liberty doesn't seem to care :mad::mad::mad:

Minors are allowed in the solarium at anytime. The solarium is 16 and up. 16s are minors. Also, children are allowed to come in and check with their parents if need be.

Only the pool is adult only and that can change anytime rci sees fit to do so.

Our daughter did come check on us, when she broke away from the other teens, and then went on her merry way.

Anyone can walk thru the area, its when they settle in on the loungers or at the in the water pool bar, that they let you know about moving on.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

Minors are allowed in the solarium at anytime. The solarium is 16 and up. 16s are minors. Also, children are allowed to come in and check with their parents if need be.

Only the pool is adult only and that can change anytime rci sees fit to do so.

I understand that anyone can walk through the Solarium and I would expect that kids are going to come in and see their parents. I do objcet to the kids parking themselves on the loungers and using the pool and hot tub. Perhaps you mis-typed but the signs warning about the 16 yr age limit are at the entrances and it includes the hot tubs. I'm not sure why I need to encourgae the RCCL Staff to do their job.

A great adult perk included in your fare. Enjoy.

what indoor pool would that be??

When we sailed the Radiance to Alaska, there were a few times during the week that the covered solarium pool was open for anyone to use.

M

We have seen on a few occasions where the staff has kicked out kids immediately! Also don't be afraid to tell an attendant there are kids in the area and to please remove them! It's never been an issue to us !

There are man other places you can find on the Freedom, besides the Solarium where you can get away from the crowds. Some is in sun, some are in the wind, but there are plenty of quiet spots. Try Deck Four as it is seldom used and quiet all the time to sit, feel the breezes, hear the ocean, and be out of the sun.

Archived