Taj Mahal precruise, Mumbai to Bali on Voyager 20 Nov-20 Dec

WesW

Hi Wes,

Looking forward to read your trip-report. You're off to some wonderfull destinations. We think you and Ida will love Bali.

All I can say is we did, we got married in Bali. :)

Safe travels for you and Ida from both of us.

Hi forgap/Jennifer & Georges, HanL/Han & Karin, gf/Kathy, Sunviking/Ann & Al; thanks all for your kind words, Ida and I look fwd to sharing our journey with you.

Han & Karin, seems like yesterday (not seven short months ago) we were on board the Voyager in Dubai sailing for Athens. Speaking of Bali Han, we look forward to our brief visit to Bali (we have a half day Bali private tour planned before we fly home--our three mini doxies are Ida's magnet (maybe a tad for me)) pulling us home vs spending a few days in Bali post cruise. Ann/Al, seems like yesterday versus over a year we too were all on board the Voyager enjoying a wonderful meal in the Compass Rose paired with two delightful wines. Also, Ann, warm wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday too.

Speaking of Elephants.

Taj Mahal Pre Cruise Package participants; good news for those of us who want to get the opportunity to ride an Elephant. Pls see note below we rcvd early this morning from the Jaipur Marriott Concierge

Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:18 AM

Subject: FW: Concierge request

Dear Wes

Greetings from Jaipur Marriott!

We are delighted to know that you have chosen our hotel for your upcoming visit to the Pink City!

Further to your query for the elephant ride, please be apprised that since you are a part of the group we contacted your travel agent and they have infact planned a complete itinerary for the group in which elephant ride is also included.

I am marking a copy of this email to Mr. Bhupendra Singh from Ventours and he shall update you on the same.

CC: Bhupendra may I request you to kindly assist Wes on this.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance required.

Warm Regards,

Vini Bachani I Jaipur Marriott I Ashram Marg I Near Jawahar Circle I Jaipur 302015, Rajasthan , India

Website - www. jaipurmarriott.com

Hi Anjefitnes/Nick & Maria; Wellseasoned/Dieter and Debbie; everyone. Nick & Maria thanks very much for the warm bon voyage wishes from Holland, Ida and I both still hope one day we will be able to cruise together with you two again (we may be in Amsterdam in May 2014..will keep u posted). Dieter & Debbie, thanks very much for your on board Silvesea's Cloud bon voyage wishes, we sincerely appreciate Debbie and you thinking of us while now, as we know how much fun you're both having on your exotic Amazon journey (pix are fantastic on the Amazon thread found on Silversea board, btw)

For those of us attending the Mumbai to Bali Voyager, Cruise Critic/Regent Meet & Greet, December 2nd, 10:30 a.m -11:15 a.m., port side Observation Lounge, today heard back from Paul Reynolds, the Voyager Cruise Director, "Wes - looking forward to seeing you & we will have all the invites arranged as soon as we receive the Download from Miami after the weekend. Very happy to help in any way once you are on board. If you need anything ahead of this, please kindly email Maureen in the office as per their instructions to me, Jamie and GM. Thanks and have a good flight."

Pre Cruise Taj Mahal planning (Nov 28-Dec 1st),

Elephant Ride in Jaipur update.

Last night with another CC Mumbai to Bali couple, Ida and I discussed the very generous offer for an Elephant ride in Jaipur (pls see a nice You Tube Jaipur Elephant ride below). Unfortunately, the arrangements mean we would separate from the "Mother ship--as Ida affectionately calls Regent planned excursions/packages" /Taj Mahl group. Our private car would leave in the morning of Dec 1st, and on completion of the Elephant ride up to Amber Fort, tour of Amber Fort, we would drive to Jaipur airport (and deal with challenging Jaipur traffic) to link up with the main Taj Mahal Group at the airport. As Keiih1010 prudently advised us, the Elephant ride sounds exciting but you may find in the back of your mind concern about making your Jaipur to Mumbai flight dampening your Amber tour/ride enjoyment.

We probably will not accept the offer, but before we make our final decision, we will discuss in person the Elephant ride specifics once we are at the Taj Palace next Wednesday.

Safe travels and wishes for on time flight arrivals for those (Kia Orana/Frank & Sue, ScottnZelda/Dottie & Fred, Amsh/Sheila & Aaron, John & Anneke, others that we've missed) Mumbai to Bali cruisers that are now in the air or flying this weekend to Delhi.

Hi Cruiseluv/Maria & Bob; NCCruzQueen/Beth. Thank you both for your cruise well wishes and yes Beth we are super giddy--excited for our SE asia trip to begin. Maria, yes, we fly tomorrow night from Atlanta to London, with a six hour layover, then fly out of London (Heathrow) to Delhi, on flight #257 arriving at just after 5 a.m., on Wednesday, November 28th

For those of you Mumbai to Bali cruisers with a few hours to spare before your flights, we strongly recommend the current movie, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". Ida and I watched this exceptionally well acted, fun, beautifully filmed movie last night and felt we were right there in Jaipur, India--setting for the film. Thanks to Lucille (Etual324) for recommending this film prior to our voyage. We will be in Jaipur next Friday--can't wait.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1412386/

Since we are fortunate enough (via our miles miles/point collection hobby) to be flying on British Airways First Class (FC) tickets, we confirmed our four hour reservation in the Private Cabana at the Concorde Lounge at Heathrow for Tuesday 10am-2pm along with complimentary Elemis massages for both Ida and I. Pls see you tube video of BA's cabana below:

Leverage Travel Tip: If you are traveling BA business class on Regent's BC air, you also qualify for a complimentary massage--but they book out, so you need to make an advance reservation (u can do this 30 days in advance of your flight) via BA Executive Club phone #.

Enjoy your flights. The BA first lounge in LHR is outstanding. Have only had a layover long enough to allow spa visits once, but it was amazing. You will have a great time!

Your movie recommendation is spot on. I have watched this movie twice and would watch it again. Really good.

Hi Rachel, thankyou for sharing your experience at Heathrow--normally Ida and I are cautious about traveling via CDG and LHR, but since we are on BA all the way to Delhi this trip--not so.

A CC friend her in Atlanta (forgap) Jennifer reminded me also of Monsoon Wedding--which we have seen, also very good. For more of a popcorn, bollywood flavor but fun film to watch, we also enjoyed Avi Larter in "Marigold."

ps..working with EnglishDavid now on board the Spirit fall crossing to learn who the Spirit who the crew leadership for our Spirit crossing in April will be.

dabear, thanks for the Trisna movie recommendation--we both like Frieda Pinto.

Judyumcer@aol.com, HI Judy, look forward to sharing our SE Asia impressions, but first some more leveraged travel info (promise last words) then on to our impressions/experiences with Regent's the Taj Mahal Package.

We had a wonderful British Airways flight from Atlanta to London. Did have our flight attendant take a pix of us toasting our good fortune once we got settled in our seats, Ida forbid me to post the pix.

Now waiting for our 3:25 pm flight to Delhi. Ida and I are beyond spoiled in the Private Cabana in the Concorde Lounge at Heathrow--feels just like Regent--they have an easy button (not kidding) your attendant comes takes your order (we both had perfectly made Eggs Benedict). We both were also able to take refreshing showers in our own cabana--how cool (well showers were very warm) is that. We have comp facials in 90 min at the Elemis spa. Love enjoying the fruits of our frequent flyer miles/hotel points collection hobby. Am sharing these aspirational travel experiences with you to let you know you too can be enjoying leveraged travel by collecting miles/points--saving coin too. OK nuff w/this travel stuff back on Voyager pre cruise message.

We can't wait to board our flight to Delhi. Looking forward to meeting our fellow Mumbai to Bali cruisers (hope to see theshoo/Mark & Elaine before or on our flight) for sure we will see them on our Regent bus to the Taj Palace Hotel in Delhi. Mark also expertly coordinated a wonderful half day tour of New Delhi beginning at noon tomorrow for Ida, I and etual324/Gene and Lucille.

Next post from Delhi.

I noticed that I misspelled the name of the movie, it's "Trishna". We hope that you had a comfortable flight to Delhi. Enjoy!. Your posts are making dw and I more excited about our upcoming RSSC cruise in April from Mumbai to Safaga.

Wes, Stop it! Eggs Benedict are my favorite.

I thought after your post that you had Ida under control or at least you were on the same page. I want to see the picture in BA fc. If she won't let you post it please e-mail it. Wendy and I will be suitably jealous:D

Hi everyone from the Taj Palace in New Delhi. Regent met our group today at 5:45a.m at the Delhi airport. We will have 20 buses for 450 Regent guests doing the Taj Mahal Package. Am getting ready to meet theshoo/Mark and Elaine for late breakfast in the Hotel (our dime, regent takes care of dinner and all meals for the next 3 tour days). Our Old Dehil tour starts at noon. Will post pix and words later tonight, plus for New London (since Bill requested) will post Ida and I in our sleeper suits on BA FC Atl to London.

001-7.jpg

NcCruzQueen/Beth, thank you. Next to us our or London To Delhi flight were two Regent Voyager Mumbai to Bali cruisers that were on your Navigator Discovery cruise a few years ago. They regaled us with many John McNeil stores (late getting back to the ship from Mali).

RachelG/Rachel, thank you. The Concorde Lounge is otherworldly/luxurious--we're spoiled now.

Franzr/Franz, Hi Franz, thanks for your kind words.

Hi everyone from the Taj Palace in New Delhi. Regent met our group today at 5:45a.m at the Delhi airport. We will have 20 buses for 450 Regent guests doing the Taj Mahal Package. Am getting ready to meet theshoo/Mark and Elaine for late breakfast in the Hotel (our dime, regent takes care of dinner and all meals for the next 3 tour days). Our Old Dehil tour starts at noon. Will post pix and words later tonight, plus for New London (since Bill requested) will post Ida and I in our sleeper suits on BA FC Atl to London.

001-7.jpg

NcCruzQueen/Beth, thank you. Next to us our or London To Delhi flight were two Regent Voyager Mumbai to Bali cruisers that were on your Navigator Discovery cruise a few years ago. They regaled us with many John McNeil stores (late getting back to the ship from Mali).

RachelG/Rachel, thank you. The Concorde Lounge is otherworldly/luxurious--we're spoiled now.

Franzr/Franz, Hi Franz, thanks for your kind words.

You both look very comfortable :)

Archived