Taj Mahal precruise, Mumbai to Bali on Voyager 20 Nov-20 Dec

WesW

Hi aussiechick7/Dale & David; Rachelg/Rachel & George; Keith1010/Keith & Anne Marie, OrpingtonT/Tom & Barbara, thank your way too kind PJ photo comments.

This afternoon, thanks to theShoo's excellent private tour coordination, three CC couples enjoyed a very pleasant four hour tour of Delhi. A few pictures are provided below.

Pictured below in front of Humayun's Tomb is our Cruise Critic friends, LtoR, Wes, Ida, theShoo/Elain & Mark; etual324/Lucille & Gene. Humayun's mausoleum is the first mughal garden tomb.

delhi021.jpg

The Humayun Tomb entry path below:

delhi015.jpg

One of the many courtyards in the Humayun tomb complex:

delhi008.jpg

Our CC group LtoR, Elaine, Mark; Wes, Ida, Lucille, Gene in front of the five storied Qutb Minar. The Qutb Minar in red sandstone is decorated with geometric designs and koranic verses.

delhi012.jpg

Background is the Qutub Minar, foreground is the fourth century iron pillar, an ancient metallurgical wonder.

delhi009.jpg

HI Everyone, Forgap/Jennifer & Georges, Dougburns/Doug & Lynn, NewLondon/Bill, Rallydave/Dave & Paige, Mr Rumor/Rich, y'all in particular thankyou for your kind words, we're glad you like our Delhi photos. Now for some Agra and Taj Mahal photos:

Taj Mahal frontal view in full splendor:

taj019.jpg

taj010.jpg

View looking at the North Entrance (where you first take in the breathtaking Taj View) from the base of the Taj Mahl:

taj018.jpg

East gateway entrace to the Taj Mahal:

taj016.jpg

View of us in the conventional Taj Mahal pose picture:

taj022.jpg

Hi Everyone; Rallydave/Dave & Paige, PaulaJk/Paula, Keith1010/Keith & Anne Marie Nancygp/Nancy, Dougburns/Doug & Lynn, dabear, Nana541, TxLadycruiser/Karen & Wayne, NewLondon/Bill & Wendy, Eager2Travel/Ann&Shel; ededmd, RachelG/Rachel & George.

dabear, on discussion with our primary cared doc and review of our med records we did not take any shots or go on Malaria pills, tho we brought lots of Deet tho.

ededmd, the Taj Mahal easily exceeded our expectations (visually, in fact all senses).

RachelG; if TC's and our thread do not convince George, Ida and I will work on him on the Spring crossing in April.

Eager2Travel; Hi Ann and Shel, so nice to see you posting again.

A few more pictures of Agra below: Ron & Sue from Silicon Valley had lunch with us yesterday, then Ron said lets go outside the front gates of the ITC Mughal

hotel. We spent 30 min exploring the gritty, extraordinary abject poverty of the street life just outside this luxury hotel..dumb me I left my camera at the hotel.

Picture of the professional laundry service drying in the sun (with water buffalo among the sheets) as our bus crossed into Agra yesterday.

taj003.jpg

Picture of the Rhesus Monkey house (Rhesus monkeys took over this abandoned house on the way to our hotel in Agra). Rhesus monkeys are exceptionally

smart (I worked with them for an entire summer at Stanford Medical school (this Monkeys were part of an experiment and had the brains ablated) still smart.

taj004.jpg

Ida and I are a few minutes from joining our Regent tour to Amber Fort, more later. We do drive to Jaipur later this afternoon. We will ride an elephant

at the Marriott thanks to the above & beyond coordination of Ven tours GM

Archived