Taj Mahal precruise, Mumbai to Bali on Voyager 20 Nov-20 Dec

WesW

Lvtocruise2/Patty; Thanks for your kind words. Our camera is an outstanding point/shoot--Canon ELPH 300 HS--very portable with 5x zoom--keeps it simple

for my elementary photog skill set.

Just back from Agra Fort tour (four of our group were left off at hotel while balance our our tour group when shopping...may rue the decision to let Ida go alone--did give her a dollar budget :)

Pix from our morning tour at Agra Fort below..don't have enough time left to caption each one--suffice it to say this Agra landmark is HUGE and exceptionally impressive--another must do while at Agra.

First Picture is off the many Rhesus Monkeys on a structure below the entry bridge to the Fort.

agrafort018.jpg

Agra Fort Pix:

agrafort002.jpg

agrafort017.jpg

agrafort013.jpg

agrafort011.jpg

Hi Wes,

I've been showing Gord the pictures you have posted so far and he is almost more excited than I am for our similar cruise in April (Bangkok to Mumbai)! Keep well and give our best to Ida! Looking forward to the rest of your updates!

The great thing about the hep A and B vaccines is that, at least theoretically, once you take them, they last forever. Anyone who travels (actually probably anyone in general) should have them. Kids get them now as part of their childhood immunization series, and anyone in the military will get them, plus a bunch of others, if they haven't had them previously.

I agree about the "anyone in general" as I wouldn't feel comfortable eating in any restaurant (here at home, not just travelling) if I hadn't had my shots. Who knows who is in the kitchen preparing the food. We have had some bad scares in a couple of our restaurants.

Hi Everyone; Threechicks/Elsie, RachlG/Rachel & George. Again, thanks all for your kind words--we're having a fabulous time during this Taj Mahal package.

Elsie; as Rachel intimated those of us that served in the military had both Hep shots and before every deployment were checked/rechecked that we were up to date.

We arrived in Jaipur about three hours ago, and due to the exceptional coordination made by Bhupendra, Gen Mgr of the Ven Tours (India Tour agency Regent is using for this Taj package) we had our first ever ride on an......well let me let the pictures tell the story:

Ida making friends with Lushie before our ride:

jaipur011.jpg

Ida getting ready for the ride:

jaipur004.jpg

jaipur006.jpg

jaipur008.jpg

Wes...What a great experience you are enjoying! And we are sharing via your marvelous posts and photos. we really enjoyed our trip to Agra And Jaipur and your wonderful photos were like being there again.

I know that you'll have a great cruise and I can hardly wait to read your reports.

Please forgive the typos...I'm learning to use the iPad..Paula

Al & I are enjoying the pictures and commentary, Wes. It looks like you and Ida are having a great time. We've never considered taking a cruise involving India before, but we may have to put it on our list of ones we'd like to take. I hope the rest of your voyage is wonderful!

HiEveryone, Ida and arrived last night about 6pm after a short (but too loooong) bus ride from the Mumbai airport. Greeted immediately by friendly faces, Franck the GM, Paul (Cruise Director), Medwin (Maitre'd) in Compass Rose--felt like we were immediately in the warm embrace of home. We also recognized (two (Paul & Steve) of the nine entertainers that were checking us in) of the Voyager dancers that were with us in April; Paul and Steve

Hi Forgap; Jennifer and Rich, Mr. Rumor/Rich, Nana541, Keith1010; Keith & Anne Marie, New Longon; Bill & WendyTxLadyCruiser; Karen & Wayne, ededmd, BettyW/Betty, Tallship, Tina, FranzR, Franz, OrpingtonT/ Tom & Barbara, PaulaJK/Paula, Judyumcer@aol.com/Judy, Onamountaintop, Janisegn, Sunviking/Ann & Al

Bill, riding the elephant had a similar feeling to slowing riding a horse but a slow motion lumbering feeling. We enjoyed our short (ten minute ride) ride due to the elephant being directly in front of the Marriott hotel and lots of traffic (buses) going by us.

ededmd; yes, the Indians have a bouncer Monkey on a leash to help keep the nuisance monkeys away from their biz establishments. We saw this at our Agra Hotel, ITC Mughal when i did my daily power walk.

Tom; No my camera does not have wifi, so have to first download to photobucket then load on CC.

Paula, no worries about typos, I will have many too.

We had a wonderful first meal in Prime7 (plenty of space in either Signatures or Setti Mari) to dine since all pax were not on board by 7pm last night. We enjoyed pre dinner cocktails with two couples we met on the Taj Mahal package first at the pool bar and then in the observation lounge. Soon Capt McNeil announced our mandatory life boat drill was moved to this morning at 10 a.m. since all pax were not on board. Paul, CD then told me that our Cruise Critic meet & greet will be at 10:45. Thanks to Regent for having printed invitations in our rooms for our M/G and a nice mention in today's passages for our M/G at 10:45. Lisa (the cobra lady--pls see pix below and y'all will understand her new moniker), John, Ida and I then went to P7 at 8pm. Excursions today start at 12:30pm. Our formal optional nite was (thankfully) moved to tomorrow (Dec 3rd) night so we can all enjoy the Captain's reception that will begin at 6:30pm.

Also, we found we cleared our WL excursion (Georgetown by Trishaw) when we reviewed our printed tickets found in our suite on arrival. :)

This morning will be busy--off for morning power walk/jog/swim (hour later than usual due to posting this am vs last night--embarrassed to add, had one too many glasses of Emiliana Syrah in P7--was out like a lite once Ida & I entered our suite about 10pm.

Then we have Regent's traditional Sunday Champagne and Caviar breakfast from 8-10 a.m, our mandatory life boat drill at 10am, then

our cruise critic m/g at 10:45 followed by lunch. Goa excursions begin at 12:30pm. Tonight's entertainment is Piano Showman Adam Johnson in Footlights and Showreels.

Jaipur pix:

jaipur008-1.jpg

jaipur021.jpg

jaipur015.jpg

jaipur014.jpg

jaipur005.jpg

Archived