Exec Lounge in middle of night

Jimosprey

Unless they manage to get the towels back to their room, they will likely be shocked when they are charged for them. Pool towels are available in great abundance at the pool.

Has anyone ever looked at the list, in the book in cabin, which has

the prices of anything you might think of pinching. Don't remember

what a towel would have been but you could probably buy a dozen at

home for one missing one.:rolleyes:

I think most cruise lines post dress codes for dining and/or evening wear, but never address the bath robe issue. Same with "Speedos". For the most part, the cruise staff tries to cater to everyone, no matter their peculiarities, and would never confront someone for their poor choices.

Restaurant managers on board, have more of an ability to enforce such things, as they can refuse to seat you until you are appropriately dressed. Thus they sometimes utilize the "lender" jacket.

For me personally, bath robes in an elevator are a no-no. Bath robes in either the pool or spa area are acceptable. Bath robes in the executive lounge may be pushing it.

Oceania really does that? I find this a bit tacky, don't you?

Same thing is done in the best hotels in the world

If you help yourself to the bathrobe you will be charged $X

Frankly, O's bathrobes are not that special -- not worth stealing at any rate LOL

I have never seen a similar policy for towels --I don't think towels are on the list on O -- bathrobes and umbrellas are for sure.

Just think of the costs involved if everyone took the hairdryers home or the bathrobes etc...

Remember the days when people would take the ashtrays or towels from hotel rooms ...it all cost money

It does not both me as I do not take things that do not belong to me

If you knew how many towerls, dishes, silverware etc. disappear on a cruise you would not think it is tacky..its amazing what people take home!!

Jancruz1

For me personally, bath robes in an elevator are a no-no. Bath robes in either the pool or spa area are acceptable. Bath robes in the executive lounge may be pushing it.

So if bath robes are okay by the pool but not the elevator what does someone wear while getting to the pool if they don't take the stairs?

Not that personally I care as I never touch the bath robes except to move them out of the closet and somewhere out of the way as we're unpacking.

It's not the "speedos" that are the problem, it's what sometimes tries to fit into them that makes me laugh.... A bit like someone being "poured" into a small container and forgetting to say "when".... :D

You got that right. Delusional older men thinking they have the body of an olympic athlete. It's quite amusing.

Be warned Lyn. You know as well as I do there is always someone looking for a photo opportunity.;) Take your memory back to our cruise on Insignia.:)

LOL

Your are right

That person never misses a photo op

See you soon only 62 days to go

Lyn

And even worse - I've seen a man in a speedo with a fanny pack hanging below :eek::eek::eek:

I would make a comment but I probably would be deleted :D

LOL, I wonder if it's the same comment that came to my mind....guess we'll leave it to our collective imaginations. :D :rolleyes:

I am giggling over this thread! It is getting sillier and sillier (and lots of fun!! especially for the imagination)

here in Europe most men wear swimsuits that are very close to what you Americans call "speedos" and many of these same men overflow their suits, front and back. Similarly we are used to seeing extremely large (mainly German?) ladies on beaches in only one part of their bikinis! What one sees on a cruise ship with mostly american guests is mild in comparison.

Someone should post some photos!!

I am giggling over this thread! It is getting sillier and sillier (and lots of fun!! especially for the imagination)

here in Europe most men wear swimsuits that are very close to what you Americans call "speedos" and many of these same men overflow their suits, front and back. Similarly we are used to seeing extremely large (mainly German?) ladies on beaches in only one part of their bikinis! What one sees on a cruise ship with mostly american guests is mild in comparison.

Someone should post some photos!!

I have to agree with you there

First time in Greece there was a bus tour of Germans my DH just about fell off the lounger when this nice German lady decided to sunbathe by the pool

:eek:

not a pretty sight

Lyn

Archived