Bon Voyage Voyager 5 Jan 2013

Bon Voyage to all on Voyager for her cruise to Tassie.

Thats a nice holiday cruise and a good chance to try out the ship..:):)

5voy_zps2de8c427.jpg

Itinerary

Date Port Arrive Depart

Sat 05/01/13 Sydney / Australia

Sun 06/01/13 Sydney / Australia 17:00

Mon 07/01/13 At Sea

Tue 08/01/13 Melbourne / Australia 08:00 22:00

Wed 09/01/13 At Sea

Thu 10/01/13 Hobart (Tasmania) / Australia 08:00

Fri 11/01/13 Hobart (Tasmania) / Australia 17:00

Sat 12/01/13 At Sea

Sun 13/01/13 Sydney / Australia 06:00

Thanks KK!

OMG! I love Voyager!!

She's an amazing ship and beautiful too!

Just had breakfast in Windjammer. There's no self service of any kind, so just hoping it's a precausionary thing! I like it like that.

So just a quick Good Morning CC from Voyager of the Seas!

I might add boarding for us was hassle free, loads of entertainment venues, dinner in MDR was delicious - served piping hot with courteous and keen to please staff. JS is spacious and no signs of wear and tear here. Some areas need updating but overall it is a nice ship. No crowding at all last night - definately different from previous one nighter. Just enjoying room service breakfast on balcony with a gorgeous view of the opera house and harbour. And the parade was great!

Thanks KK!

OMG! I love Voyager!!

She's an amazing ship and beautiful too!

Just had breakfast in Windjammer. There's no self service of any kind, so just hoping it's a precausionary thing! I like it like that.

So just a quick Good Morning CC from Voyager of the Seas!

Is that creating long queues Tillydog or is it working OK?

Hi Folks...

Great to hear things are sorting themselves out. I think once everyone settles into "cruise mode" you may be saying ..Where is everyone?

With the overnight at the OPT did most people stay on board or were they coming and going?

Is that creating long queues Tillydog or is it working OK?

Just from my observation today at lunch, the queue to get into WJ was long whilest we waited for it to open at 11.30am, but then most people just swarm in and grab tables in the WJ section.

We just went thru to the Island Grill section and got seats straight away. As more people came in tho, it started to get a bit crowded and the lines for food got longer. So if possible, it pays to get in early.

Just from my observation today at lunch, the queue to get into WJ was long whilest we waited for it to open at 11.30am, but then most people just swarm in and grab tables in the WJ section.

We just went thru to the Island Grill section and got seats straight away. As more people came in tho, it started to get a bit crowded and the lines for food got longer. So if possible, it pays to get in early.

Hi Tillydog,

Please update us on the Noro situation if you get any info.

Hoping they are just being cautious in the WJ by no self serve.

We cruise in 19 days & I'm hoping all is well by then. With the awful hot weather we have been having it may just burn that Noro right off the ship, it's turning everything else to dust!

Have a great cruise.:)

Hi Avalon,

Have an ipad with wifi, so may be presumptious in being able to answer before Tillydog or save him some Internet dollars should this be the case. Today self serving was introduced so I think the staff serving for the first few days was precautionary. No official announcements re noro, only instructions to help avoid it but still lots of sanitisers around. Rooms were ready at 1.00pm after boarding so fingers crossed the noro problem may be under control. Just in case I brought my Coles wipes, wet ones and glen 20! The children aboard seem very well behaved although we haven't frequented the pool areas much. Just our views as we are finding things, Tillydog might answer with his perspective of onboard conditions. Just feeling some rocking with some wind on entering Bass Strait again.

I was in Sydney on Sunday and managed to capture some photos of it during the day and video of it leaving.

23387_10151239943159037_935335735_n.jpg

It was quite a good day.

Great location photo, Sutho. Shows OPT, Wharf 5, and I think the new wharf, White Bay, Balmain, in the background.

Is wi-fi free on Voyager?

WE wish!! :) As far as I know, there is no free Wifi on ANY cruiseship -- perhaps there is on those EXPENSIVE 6 Star ones which also have booze included in the Fare.

Barry

Hi Avalon,

Have an ipad with wifi, so may be presumptious in being able to answer before Tillydog or save him some Internet dollars should this be the case. Today self serving was introduced so I think the staff serving for the first few days was precautionary. No official announcements re noro, only instructions to help avoid it but still lots of sanitisers around. Rooms were ready at 1.00pm after boarding so fingers crossed the noro problem may be under control. Just in case I brought my Coles wipes, wet ones and glen 20! The children aboard seem very well behaved although we haven't frequented the pool areas much. Just our views as we are finding things, Tillydog might answer with his perspective of onboard conditions. Just feeling some rocking with some wind on entering Bass Strait again.

Thanks for your reply Megsie, I'm sure Tillydog won't mind & will be able to share their Noro info as well in due course.

Sounds like the Noro situation has improved a lot if rooms were ready by 1pm.

Our experience regards the hand sanitisers is that they are always around anyway as you enter anywhere with food.

Although from what I understand if the products don't contain benzalkonium chloride they won't kill Noro anyway.

The wet ones have that ingredient but not sure about Glen 20.

Have a great cruise. :)

I hope everyone on the Voyager of the Seas has a good two days in Hobart!! And hope the fires in Hobart don’t bother them too much!

I am afraid we wont be able to see them in Hobart today at lest, as the only working webcam in Hobart http://www.lenna.com.au/webcam/webcam_live.html is not working at the moment, and I guess maybe due to a power cut.

WE wish!! :) As far as I know, there is no free Wifi on ANY cruiseship -- perhaps there is on those EXPENSIVE 6 Star ones which also have booze included in the Fare.

Barry

Yikes - I just looked up the prices.

Q: Is Internet access available from the ship?

A: Yes, depending on the ship there are two options for staying connected while on board.

Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)

There will be six designated *'Hot Spots', which vary from ship to ship.

To use our Wi-Fi access, you'll need:

A laptop

Any major operating system

802.11b Wireless networking capability

The cost for Wi-Fi access through your own laptop is:

The basic rate is USD 0.65 per minute or choose from one of our pre-paid packages:

US$35.00 for 60 minutes

US$55.00 for 100 minutes

US$75.00 for 150 minutes

US$100.00 for 250 minutes

US$150.00 for 500 minutes

All prices are subject to change without notice.

The Internet Cafe/Workstation

These stations provide access to e-mail and the Internet, plus direct connections to favourite websites for stock market, sports and entertainment updates. You can also send virtual postcards while at sea, and in ports-of-call worldwide. If you don't have an e-mail account, you can also establish one on board.

The cost is USD 0.65 per minute or you can choose a pre-paid package:

US$35.00 for 60 minutes

US$55.00 for 100 minutes

US$75.00 for 150 minutes

US$100.00 for 250 minutes

US$150.00 for 500 minutes

Available on board all ships.

Prices are subject to change without notice.

Re wifi, if you have an ipad with telstra 3G (prepaid) as we have, we have been able to use it all the way except for crossing Bass Strait earlier. Using it in our JS now at sea. We have had no need for using ships expensive Internet as yet. Expect It would only work for coastal cruises though. Captain classed seas as 3ms but travelling smoothly. It was Seaborn Odyssey in photo, left earlier than Voyager, we passed it along the coast and it followed us into Melbourne.

Archived