We are Diamond and they aren't question.

Hi fellow cruisers. My DW and I are diamond. My brother and his wife are not. If we book a cruise and pay for it for both couples, will they be allowed to participate in diamond events? They have sailed with RCCL before. Any advice or tips will be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Hi fellow cruisers. My DW and I are diamond. My brother and his wife are not. If we book a cruise and pay for it for both couples, will they be allowed to participate in diamond events? They have sailed with RCCL before. Any advice or tips will be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry, they will not be able to participate. It doesn't matter who pays for the cruise, it's the level of the cruiser that is on the SeaPass card. If they have sailed with RCCL they will be able to participate in the Welcome Back party and other things at their C&A level.

Unfortunately no. My husband is actually Diamond and I'm not...so I asked today if the family gets that status since we're with him. She told me they are bucking down on this tremendously and they will only allow the person with that status to participate. She did say that they will sometimes still allow a partner traveling with them to join...but they will definitely not allow children, others traveling in same room (non-spouse) or friends you're cruising with to join you. Darn.

Unfortunately no. My husband is actually Diamond and I'm not...so I asked today if the family gets that status since we're with him. She told me they are bucking down on this tremendously and they will only allow the person with that status to participate.

If you are Diamond, your husband should be also. Just call and have him linked to your account. Also, if you have children under 18 living in the home they can also have your C&A level, but you must call to have them connected. I'm glad they are cracking down on those that don't deserve the extra perks.

Unfortunately no. My husband is actually Diamond and I'm not...so I asked today if the family gets that status since we're with him. She told me they are bucking down on this tremendously and they will only allow the person with that status to participate. She did say that they will sometimes still allow a partner traveling with them to join...but they will definitely not allow children, others traveling in same room (non-spouse) or friends you're cruising with to join you. Darn.

If your husband is Diamond, you are eligible to be Diamond by marriage. Also your children under 18 living at home are also Diamond eligible. Call C&A right away, so that they have you squared away by the.time you cruise. I may have opened a can of worms here. Why wouldn't your husband tell you this

OK then, next question. We have not been on RCCL in some time and will be sailing out of Galveston on Mariner on March 31st. We have been on X for a while (love their perks). What can we expect from RCCL for diamonds, specifically on Mariner??

On Mariner there is now a very nice Diamond Club. It is in the Viking Crown where the 19th Hole lounge used to be. It has all the perks of the CL including a 24/7 specialty coffee machine. In the mornings there is a Continental breakfast and an evening cocktail hour from 5 to 8:30 with free wine, beer, soft drinks and cocktails. There are also complimentary hot and cold appetizers. There is a Diamond Concierge with hours in the morning and evening to assist with reservations, concerns, etc.

I'm diamond but haven't sallied on a ship yet that has a DL. I've read that only certain drinks are available. Can someone post which ones of following drink are available in DL or CL?

Drink of the Day

B52

Bellini

Bloody Mary

Fuzzy Naval

Long Island Iced Tea

Margarita

Martini

Rum and Coke

Screwdriver

Sex on the Beach

Tequila Sunrise

Tom Collins

On Mariner there is now a very nice Diamond Club. It is in the Viking Crown where the 19th Hole lounge used to be. It has all the perks of the CL including a 24/7 specialty coffee machine. In the mornings there is a Continental breakfast and an evening cocktail hour from 5 to 8:30 with free wine, beer, soft drinks and cocktails. There are also complimentary hot and cold appetizers. There is a Diamond Concierge with hours in the morning and evening to assist with reservations, concerns, etc.

Thanks for the quick response!! My mother's side of the family was from Hot Springs!!! Love that area!!!

Will we be able to carry a drink out of there so we can be with our non diamond relatives in the Viking Crown??

Thanks for the quick response!! My mother's side of the family was from Hot Springs!!! Love that area!!!

Will we be able to carry a drink out of there so we can be with our non diamond relatives in the Viking Crown??

We love Hot Springs also. It's a beautiful area. As to being able to carry out a drink, officially, no, but it depends on the Concierge. On recent Mariner cruises we were able to do that;)

The official rule is that no drinks may leave the lounge. If you have an unfinished drink at closing time or when you leave for dinner, sometimes they will permit you to take it with you - sometimes in a paper coffee cup.

I'm diamond but haven't sallied on a ship yet that has a DL. I've read that only certain drinks are available. Can someone post which ones of following drink are available in DL or CL?

Drink of the Day

B52

Bellini

Bloody Mary

Fuzzy Naval

Long Island Iced Tea

Margarita

Martini

Rum and Coke

Screwdriver

Sex on the Beach

Tequila Sunrise

Tom Collins

The lounge has a basic bar, and no blender. They will pour anything that they can make with vodka, gin, rum, scotch, bourbon, whiskey, tequila. They will make a martini, a cosmo, and things with one juice and one liquor.

Also, red wine, white wine, white zin, fake champagne, a couple of beers, sodas, juices that may be used in mixed drinks.

I'm going to assume that when you say you would pay for their cruise, what you probably mean is that you will "pay" for it with your credit card, but your brother will reimburse you for his fare and his wife's. Pretty easy, right? Which means everybody would do it when they cruise with others of a lesser C&A status if it meant their friends/family would get the same perks. RC knows this, and that's why it doesn't matter to them who "pays" for the cruise.

Drink of the Day

B52

Bellini

Bloody Mary

Fuzzy Naval

Long Island Iced Tea

Margarita

Martini

Rum and Coke

Screwdriver

Sex on the Beach

Tequila Sunrise

Tom Collins

I've never paid super close attention, as we usually drink plain old vodka/soda, but my general recollection is that they do not have a full bar in the lounges. They have basic liquors and mixers, and I think a few of the most common cordials, like Baileys probably. Basic cocktails like rum & coke, martinis, etc. are readily available. But, for instance, I'm not sure that they are going to have peach schnapps in the lounge, so you might have to go elsewhere for a fuzzy navel. Also, there is no blender in the lounges, so frozen drinks are out, and since the drink of the day is often a frozen concoction, I wouldn't count on that.

Who told you that? If your spouse is Diamond you automatically get the same status as does your children whether they have sailed to earn it themselves or not. Call C & A direct and I am sure you will get the same status

Drink of the Day

B52

Bellini

Bloody Mary

Fuzzy Naval

Long Island Iced Tea

Margarita

Martini

Rum and Coke

Screwdriver

Sex on the Beach

Tequila Sunrise

Tom Collins

The only rum is plain Baccardi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The lounge has a basic bar, and no blender. They will pour anything that they can make with vodka, gin, rum, scotch, bourbon, whiskey, tequila. They will make a martini, a cosmo, and things with one juice and one liquor.

Also, red wine, white wine, white zin, fake champagne, a couple of beers, sodas, juices that may be used in mixed drinks.

The "fake champagne" still makes a fine Bellini or Mimosa (my drink-of-the-day) :)

Archived