The 10 people you will meet on your cruise

bordercollie

"the line cutter"

these people will cut you in line.... Wherever a line may appear.... At the buffet, waiting to get off the ship, etc. They have no shame... It's their world, we're just squirrels trying to get a nut.

tip- dont cut in line!

2: "the young runners"

these people will literally run you over. Usually roving packs of teenagers that run around all the decks (usually by the pool at night). You will probably see them starting to form into groups on night 2 or 3 of your cruise. Once unfamiliar teens have time to form a social order they will pick an alpha male or female to lead them on their runs.

3: "the watch forgetter"

these people... Well... They don't wear a watch. They show up 10-15 minutes late to everything. Most notably, they will show up late to the nightly show and stand in your way while looking for a seat or their friends and family.

tip- if you are late to the show, go to the next one!

4: "the super casual"

they will wear tank tops, t-shirts, sweatpants, track suits, bathing suits... Not usually a problem... But they will wear them everywhere... Including to the nice dining venues.

tip- bring atleast 1 nice outfit

5: "the bad parent"

these parents don't care what their child is doing, as long as the child isn't annoying them. They let their child play video games and listen to their ipods at restaurants, the show... Etc....the bad parent will also let their child sit in the front row at the theatre even though they aren't supposed to. I suppose the bad parent also has something to do with number 2 also.

tip- don't be a bad parent

6: "the cheap"

they won't tip.... Ever. They feel their daily service charge is sufficient to tip everyone that serves them throughout the day.

tip- be generous. I promise you will get better service. Also, it feels good.

7: "the loud talker"

they talk very loud. They want everyone to hear what they say... It doesn't matter where they are. Their favorite location to ruin your nice night is at the dining venues.

tip- quiet down!

8: "the master and commander"

these people treat the cruise staff like garbage. It's as if they feel the staff is privileged to clean their room, serve them drinks, etc.... They treat all cruise staffers with disdain.

tip- you're not any better than anyone else. The staff bust their butt 70+ hours a week to make sure you have a nice vacation. Treat them well

9: "the extremely tired"

these people take the elevator at all costs. Going up or down 1 floor? Yup, and they are too tired to walk down 1 flight of stairs.

tip- if you're only going up or down 2 floors, take the stairs

10: "the bucket man"

these people will order a bucket of beer.... And carry it with them everywhere. Is it really necesary to order a bucket of beer? Then take it to dinner, the show, etc...

tip- order one drink at a time please

which one are you????:d

As far as elevators - I may look rather fit and perfectly able to walk stairs, but a depth perception issue can make going down rather treacherous. Not all disabilities are visible. Some people may suffer from vertigo as well.

As far as elevators - I may look rather fit and perfectly able to walk stairs, but a depth perception issue can make going down rather treacherous. Not all disabilities are visible. Some people may suffer from vertigo as well.

My wife has epilepsy and if she were to go into a seizure while going up or down stairs it could end really bad.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Thank you Ladycruiser for your lovely list....I have met these people on my past cruises too, and they are a delight....these are the people who catch my attention and my heart....

Thank you. I will always try and look for the good in everything first. And try ignore the bad.

"The Line Cutter"

They will wear tank tops, t-shirts, sweatpants, track suits, bathing suits... Not usually a problem... but they will wear them EVERYWHERE... including to the nice dining venues.

Explain to me how my clothing affects your vacation?

9: "The extremely tired"

These people take the elevator at all costs. Going up or down 1 floor? Yup, and they are too tired to walk down 1 flight of stairs.

Tip- IF YOU'RE ONLY GOING UP OR DOWN 2 FLOORS, TAKE THE STAIRS

DH has COPD, you can not tell as he rarely wears that sign around his neck claiming a disability. He can not walk up or down stairs and shouldn't be expected to. Nor should he have to apologize and explain his actions to other people.

10: "The bucket man"

These people will order a bucket of beer.... and carry it with them everywhere. Is it really necesary to order a bucket of beer? Then take it to dinner, the show, etc...

Again explain how my actions affect your vacation? Your only complaint here is if I'm charging my bucket of beer to your S&S account.

Tip- ORDER ONE DRINK AT A TIME PLEASE

"

One cruise it was a formal night, we arrived to the table wearing a very nice dress and a suit. The family that was sitting with us arrived looking fresh out of the pool. Sons wearing flip flops, the cargo type jeans down behind his "cheek"s dad wore his cut offs and tank top- (which i thought was against policy regarding sleeveless shirts for me) and mom wore her favorite terry cloth dress. well at least it was a dress right.

We felt extremely uncomfortable. not to mention the hairy guy with all his stuff showing -lost my appetite-- so yes what people wear can affect another persons vacation

#11. The invisible Cruisecritic member, masquerading as a passenger, who has lost all sense of humor and normally sits stonily in front of a computer dressed as a schoolmarm or pilgrim, ready to pounce on someone who actually takes the time to write a funny and creative post!

Yeah, the hairy guy in a wife beater (hold your fire: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wife+beater) carrying around a white plastic bucket full of Bud Light- he deserves a mention and I'm glad you included him.

You obviously should have put an extra two paragraphs specifically excluding people with joint problems or vision problems who cannot walk down a flight of stairs and who tragically have had their senses of humor severed from their brain stems as well.

Please remember that groups of kids are just kids having a good time, but also try to remember that when said groups are mentioned in other threads they'll be described with utter contempt and venom.

Next time you post PLEASE be sensitive to the differently abled, such as the slightly hard of hearing, and do NOT mention their loud talking.

Please- Try to remember that CC is what we make of it. We can make it funny and take things in stride or we can get all up in arms for no reason. You would never know this is a site about people who love life and love to travel.....

"The Line Cutter"

They will wear tank tops, t-shirts, sweatpants, track suits, bathing suits... Not usually a problem... but they will wear them EVERYWHERE... including to the nice dining venues.

9: "The extremely tired"

These people take the elevator at all costs. Going up or down 1 floor? Yup, and they are too tired to walk down 1 flight of stairs.

Tip- IF YOU'RE ONLY GOING UP OR DOWN 2 FLOORS, TAKE THE STAIRS

DH has COPD, you can not tell as he rarely wears that sign around his neck claiming a disability. He can not walk up or down stairs and shouldn't be expected to. Nor should he have to apologize and explain his actions to other people.

10: "The bucket man"

These people will order a bucket of beer.... and carry it with them everywhere. Is it really necesary to order a bucket of beer? Then take it to dinner, the show, etc...

Again explain how my actions affect your vacation? Your only complaint here is if I'm charging my bucket of beer to your S&S account.

Tip- ORDER ONE DRINK AT A TIME PLEASE

I'm with you, Kitty...it amazes me that anyone on a cruise, with so much to do, has the time (and inclination) to worry so much about what people wear, who takes the elevator where, who buys beer by the bucket, etc. Very sad, if you ask me!

I'm with you, Kitty...it amazes me that anyone on a cruise, with so much to do, has the time (and inclination) to worry so much about what people wear, who takes the elevator where, who buys beer by the bucket, etc. Very sad, if you ask me!

Are you not familiar with humor, as in "having a sense of humor?"

Humor???????? Oh, sorry...didn't know this was supposed to be funny. I guess that escaped me...I'm not into passive aggressive humor. Glad for you that you're so easily amused.

Me too!! Me too. It's always been like this. The older I get the more easily amused I become. CC- if someone puts an effort into a post I enjoy it. I guess it's sifting through all of the "Welcome to Cruisecritic" posts, or two word posts, etc etc- I just really enjoy the good ones. You'd have to really look under a rock to think that the OP was prejudiced against people with COPD who, tragically, can't climb stairs and have to use an elevator. COME ON- every time I cruise I meet great people with good senses of humor who like to joke and converse. Where are those people on CC?

Hi Jono 70' date='

Agree 100%..... aint necessary! And also takes up a lot of space on the Posting board. Please desist.[/quote']

It is very easy to not see what people have in their signature:

Click on "user CP" near the top of this page

Edit options

Thread display options

Uncheck "show signatures"

Hope this helps.

The people on here complaining most likely fit into one of these categories. As I'm reading them, I like to assign which one they are (to myself). It's funny people!

Okay, okay! I admit to being occasionally underdressed! You found me.

I list my cruises, and I think it's helpful if people do so, because then I won't say "NCL has the freestyle concept" or something equally stupid when I'm talking to someone with 15 NCL cruises under their belt.

Edit options

Thread display options

Hope this helps.

Some posters would much rather write a worthless post complaining about signatures and demanding them to "desist" rather than take the time and effort to turn off signatures.

I would like to see those that do "desist" and follow your very good advice.:rolleyes:

Edit options

Thread display options

Hope this helps.

This work :) this works:). THANKS!

Here's my list:

1. The poor person who fell asleep in the sun on the beach or around the pool deck and are now redder than red. Oh, I feel your pain just looking at you.

2. The front desk person who would read my postcards to my niece as she was getting me the appropriate stamp for that port postcard. She was great and I was able to share with her what I did that day as well as talk about my 9 year old niece who collects all my postcards and keeps them in a special box at home.

3. The fashionista tottering around in high heels on high seas. Good luck in staying on your feet! I would be afraid of twisting an ankle or falling flat on my face which is why I stopped bringing high heels on cruises. I almost did twist an ankle.

4. The openly addicted to the soft serve ice cream a/k/a my mother. She couldn't figure out why she had gained 5 pounds on the cruise until she confessed her addiction and how every time she passed it she had to get an ice cream (which could be 4 or 5 a day!).

5. The group of people who sit at a table in the packed out buffet with nothing on the table while people with trays of food are trying to find a place to sit and eat their breakfast or lunch. Sorry, but if it's the height of the dining hour(s) and you're done eating please take your conversation off to an empty lounge and continue your conversation there so others can sit and eat their breakfast or lunch in comfort.

Here's another: People with absolutely no sense of humor. I can't believe the bashing the OP took for the thoughtful posting. They had no need to defend themselves because only snobs would flame them to begin with.

Here's another: People with absolutely no sense of humor. I can't believe the bashing the OP took for the thoughtful posting. They had no need to defend themselves because only snobs would flame them to begin with.

Sorry, avatheps...I just never saw the humor in the post...personally, I try to accept people for who and what they are...I seriously have no patience with people who notice and comment on every little thing they notice about others...I consider that petty and intrusive. But really, to each his own...when I'm on a cruise, I'm having so much fun that I don't know or care who's taking elevators for only one floor, or who carries their beer around, etc.

Me too!! Me too. It's always been like this. The older I get the more easily amused I become. CC- if someone puts an effort into a post I enjoy it. I guess it's sifting through all of the "Welcome to Cruisecritic" posts, or two word posts, etc etc- I just really enjoy the good ones. You'd have to really look under a rock to think that the OP was prejudiced against people with COPD who, tragically, can't climb stairs and have to use an elevator. COME ON- every time I cruise I meet great people with good senses of humor who like to joke and converse. Where are those people on CC?

You know, really...I never thought the OP was prejudiced against people with disabilities...I just think there were some generalities made that were offensive and frankly, it's nobody's business who takes the elevator for one floor, or who buys beer by the bucket, or who does or doesn't tip over and above the recommended amount. I guess the fact that OP added a "TIP' to each comment puts a more serious slant on the post....changes it from some funny observations to "know it all" and judgemental.

#11. People who list every cruise they've been on / going on underneath their name on this forum. Or their status within their cruise line's loyalty program (eg. diamond or whatever) :p. It's like some international pissing match over who's got the biggest.... itinerary. :D

I promise not to descend to this level of narcissism.

OMG I literally cried after reading this post because, I was thinking to myself the poster above you had a list. I am like oh oh oh, we have a problem. I swear to you, I started laughing hysterically because so many commotion in this thread that I was not expecting. I have the countdown clocks in my siggy lol I am not going to take your post personal, I thought it was funny. Hell, as a matter fact I am finding all the post here funny but yours really took me to another place...I CRIED. I don't know why, maybe I need to see a doctor lol.:D

I think what took me to another place was I will not descend to this level of narcissism rotfl.

Archived