Wonderful Copenhagen

I was looking for a minibus (Ford Transit) and the price including satnav and one extra driver is 1442 danish kroner.

The price for one liter of Diesel is around 10 kroner and if its on regular fuel its around 12 kroner.

I just realised that Frederiksborg castle is not included in the price of the Copenhagen Card anymore so car it is :D

Copenhagen was yet again voted as best cruise port in Europe with Istanbul and Tallinn on the other places.

So despite the start up problems with the Oceankaj terminals and the city looking like a huge construction site the cruise lines and their passengers seems to rate Copenhagen high.

Sorry the 2 other awards was Destination Of The Year in 2011 and 2013.

The website isn´t update but its the Port Of The Year Award.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/awards/short-list.php

And here is a picture to proof it

http://www.standby.dk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/20140918_082722_resized.jpg

Edited by Danish viking

Hi DV, thank you for taking the time to share information about your city.

I'll be in Copenhagen next summer for several days. In addition to sightseeing, we'd love to leave the city for some other towns/cities. What are some great day trips from Copenhagen? I'm interested in lots of history and things that make the country unique. I also LOVE scenery.

Thanks,

Jennifer

We will be in Copenhagen to start a cruise next June 2015 and a few days afterwards and we are a family of 7....I was able to arrange private transportation in a Van that will fit all of us and all of our luggage on a reputable sight for a better price than cruise transfers.....we put together a package to be picked up at the airport, dropped at Bella Sky , Bella Sky to cruiseport, cruiseport to Imperial Hotel and then Imperial to airport when we go home. If I can give you any specific information just let me know. I think i did good but who knows :)

jan

Hi DV, thank you for taking the time to share information about your city.

I'll be in Copenhagen next summer for several days. In addition to sightseeing, we'd love to leave the city for some other towns/cities. What are some great day trips from Copenhagen? I'm interested in lots of history and things that make the country unique. I also LOVE scenery.

Thanks,

Jennifer

What about this trip to Frederiksborg castle and Kronborg Castle,

S-train line A (as it looks like with the new schedule, else its line E) to Hillerød.

Here you can walk to the castle through the city center or you can take the ferry from the town square to the castle.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hille...d55.934965!3e2

Or bus 301 towards Ålholmparken or 302 towards Grønnegade or Sophienlund

When done you can take the bus back to Hillerød where the lokalbanen train towards Helsingør will bring you to Kronborg and Danish Maritime Museum.

When done for the day you simply just take the Øresund train back to Copenhagen and Østerport station.

http://www.dnm.dk/UK/Forside.htm

http://www.kronborg.dk/english/

http://mfs.dk/en/

I've scanned the prior posts and haven't seen the answer to my problem... it's a bit reversed from most of the posts I've seen here. We're doing a back-to-back on Royal Caribbean during Aug 2015, arriving back in Copenhagen on Aug 30. We'll do our Copenhagen sightseeing during several days on the front end, and are trying to plan our return air travel as soon as possible after the end of the second cruise.

With the ship docking at 0700, it it reasonable to plan for a flight departing CPH at 1050? If not, it means returning the following day. What are the dock-airport transportation options?

Thanks!

-Mike (Nitefrater)

Serenade of the Seas will be the only ship at Oceankaj that day so the traffic shouldn´t be an issue.

The transport time should be around 30 minutes (40 minutes max) by taxi so depending on how much time you´ll need at the airport it should be enough.

But if your flight is to a destination outside Europa (also Great Britain) there will be a extra passport check before entering pier C and F where the non schengen flights depart from.

Danish Viking, can you please help me with a walking route? I will be staying at the Bethel and would like to go to Strøget and from there to Tivoli. Could you tell me the best (most scenic/safest) walking route? Also, I'd like to see Tivoli at night. Will it be safe to walk back to the hotel from there at night, and is there a different route I should take on the return since we won't need to stop at Strøget?

Thank you!

Danish King have been reading and doing research but still concerned or confused about taxis. I am disabled but can walk, prefer to catch a taxi from hotel to airport and cruise port to airport. We will be on Serenade of the Seas next August 2015 and trying to figure travel plans. My husband ends up with the luggage since I'm on crutches (so trying to make things easy as possible).

How difficult to grab a cab from hotel to pier?

How difficult to grab a cab from pier to airport?

Is it a far walk from the pier to catch a cab?

We've cruised before so this isn't our first time. Haven't decided on hotel, trying to find one that is central.

Thank you for any information!

Danish King have been reading and doing research but still concerned or confused about taxis. I am disabled but can walk, prefer to catch a taxi from hotel to airport and cruise port to airport. We will be on Serenade of the Seas next August 2015 and trying to figure travel plans. My husband ends up with the luggage since I'm on crutches (so trying to make things easy as possible).

How difficult to grab a cab from hotel to pier?

How difficult to grab a cab from pier to airport?

Is it a far walk from the pier to catch a cab?

We've cruised before so this isn't our first time. Haven't decided on hotel, trying to find one that is central.

Thank you for any information!

Well for the first trip it will probably be better to get the hotel to call a taxi unless you are at one of the big hotels where taxies are plenty.

At the pier there should be enough taxies waiting for you.

Danish Viking, can you please help me with a walking route? I will be staying at the Bethel and would like to go to Strøget and from there to Tivoli. Could you tell me the best (most scenic/safest) walking route? Also, I'd like to see Tivoli at night. Will it be safe to walk back to the hotel from there at night, and is there a different route I should take on the return since we won't need to stop at Strøget?

Thank you!

I can map it out for you but the quickest and safest trip both ways is to walk along strøget.

From your hotel you just walk along Nyhavn to the big square called Kongens Nytorv (Kings New Square).

Here you find Strøget to the left (when seen from the square) of the Hotel D'Angleterre.

At the other end of Strøget you will find Rådhuspladsen (City Hall Square), you will then find Tivolis main entrance behind the big glassy building called Industriens Hus.

Just walk straight over the square along the fence to the metro construction site and walk over the huge pedestrian crossing and then walk with Industriens Hus on your left hand.

Hope that makes sense or else I will map it out when I get on a computer.

I can map it out for you but the quickest and safest trip both ways is to walk along strøget.

From your hotel you just walk along Nyhavn to the big square called Kongens Nytorv (Kings New Square).

Here you find Strøget to the left (when seen from the square) of the Hotel D'Angleterre.

At the other end of Strøget you will find Rådhuspladsen (City Hall Square), you will then find Tivolis main entrance behind the big glassy building called Industriens Hus.

Just walk straight over the square along the fence to the metro construction site and walk over the huge pedestrian crossing and then walk with Industriens Hus on your left hand.

Hope that makes sense or else I will map it out when I get on a computer.

Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...