Wonderful Copenhagen

Hi Danish Viking we are staying in a hotel near central station. Is there a place near there to buy a bottle of wine to enjoy in our room? Also is there a market or a store to pick up a few snacks are certain ones less expensive than others? Thanks so much!!!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks so much for lending your expertise! This thread is a wealth of information. A few questions for you:

We are flying in at 8:40am to CPH on a Thursday for a 6pm sailing on the Royal Princess, leaving from Oceankaj. We are planning to take the train to the city center to see a thing or two before heading to the boat via train/bus #26. I know we don't have a lot of time. Two questions:

1) is there a place in the city center where we can store our luggage? (Probably a large suitcase and a carry-on, maybe just 2 carry-ons and a school-sized backpack). I have tried searching for this, but have been unsuccessful.

2) best things to see in our short amt of time? Rosenberg Castle? Canal tour? Walk around and eat some Danish pastry? Do a walking tour of some sort?

I am sad we only have a little time, but a little time is better than none. Thanks in advance for your help!

Store your luggage at the central station, you can catch the 26 bus from there 2 times each hour and the direction is UNICEF.

From here you can visit Tivoli, Glybtoteket, the national museum, Strøget and a Canal tour, all on foot.

Is there a website where we can pre book transportation in Copenhagen? There are 4 of us flying in for a cruise next June?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is generally to expensive to hire a car here in Copenhagen.

But there is plenty of taxis awaiting at the airport.

Could anyone tell me how far the Radisson Blu is from the Strogat? I think the hotel is supposed to be located near the central train station and Tivoli. Sorry if I spelled Strogat wrong. Thanks for any information.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

500 meters according to this map.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Radisson+Blu+Royal+Hotel,+Hammerichsgade+1,+1611+K%C3%B8benhavn/Vestergade+50,+1550+K%C3%B8benhavn+V/@55.6757551,12.5638641,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530c51b7e319:0xa2153a7f71e8ad2!2m2!1d12.563798!2d55.674821!1m5!1m1!1s0x4652530e035b305d:0x5c2cbb0f40b56ec4!2m2!1d12.5688132!2d55.6768604!3e2

Hi Danish Viking,

Please disregard previous message

Thanks for your previous response. We are arriving Copenhagen on August14 at 10:25am and sail on Oceania Marina from Freeport Terminal C254 Orientkaj at 5pm. We would like to take the train from the airport to city centre and the bus to the port terminal.

Please advise:

1. how to take train/metro from airport to City Centre and how long does it take.

2. what to see in city centre within 3 hours.

3. how to take bus #26 from City Centre to the port and how long does it take.

4. how to bus/walk to Little Mermaid.

Many thanks. Violet

Sorry for the late reply but I was in England over the weekend (london and Liverpool)

Take the Øresund train from track 2, it arrives at the central station 12-15 minutes later.

The busstop for 26 is at Vesterbrogade at the bus departs at 07 an 27 past the hour and it takes around 30 minutes.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Hovedbanen.pdf

For the 3 hours I would walk along Strøget and then get back, the national museum is free and is located 15 minutes on foot from the central station.

Hi Danish Viking,

Please also advise how to take bus #26 from Little Mermaid to Freeport Terminal.

Thank you very much, Violet

Then you have to walk a little bit.

Departures at 31 and 51 past the hour from the Søndre Frihavn stop.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Den+Lille+Havfrue,+Langelinie,+2100+K%C3%B8benhavn+%C3%98/S%C3%B8ndre+Frihavn/@55.6942765,12.5939854,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x464c90eb8d422103:0xdfa8900ca2351e3c!2m2!1d12.599283!2d55.69286!1m5!1m1!1s0x465252e0ba53cb27:0x7eb87f3e7ebba699!2m2!1d12.59408!2d55.695687!3e2

We will be staying overnight in Copenhagen in Sept. I would like to know approximately how many DKK we will need for taxi service form the airport to the Copenhagen Marriott and from the hotel to the port. We will also need money to get around, eat and take a boat tour. We will use credit cards when we can but do not want to exchange more money than we need. We are three people and will have a total of 6 pieces of luggage. That may increase the cost of a taxi. Any help you can give will greatly be appreciated.

Airport to Marriott is probably around 300-350 kroner.

Marriott to cruise terminal in the 200-250 range.

boat tour is between 40 and 75 kroner and a meal including something to drink is between 60-120 kroner.

Its possible to buy a hotdog for around 20-30 kroners.

How do we get a cab from the Fisketovet shopping mall? Is there a taxi stand nearby, or do we telephone for one, or do we walk outside and wave one down as we would in New York City? Or wait for one dropping someone else off? This would be around 12:00. Thanks! :)

I have seen a few taxis at the taxi rink outside the main/cinema entrance so you should have no trouble finding one.

Hi Danish Viking, or anyone else that might know:

How far (walk time wise) is it between the Skandic Copenhagen (next to the lake) and The Square hotel?

It's hard to tell from the city map. I understand there is a lot of construction going on right where The Square is, and am concerned about noise while staying in the hotel.

Thanks.

None of the reviews on Tripadvisor mentions the metro construction site or noise from there.

First of all - thanks to Danish Viking for all his great information.

I know this has been discussed but I'm trying to confirm the best way to use Public Transit from Kong Arthur Hotel to Oceankaj on August 27th to board Eurodam.

There has been lots of discussion about Bus 26 - but how close will it actually get to the ship? I understand there are multiple terminals there and they don't tell you the exact one that will be used.

It doesn't show up on Google Maps.

First of all - thanks to Danish Viking for all his great information.

I know this has been discussed but I'm trying to confirm the best way to use Public Transit from Kong Arthur Hotel to Oceankaj on August 27th to board Eurodam.

There has been lots of discussion about Bus 26 - but how close will it actually get to the ship? I understand there are multiple terminals there and they don't tell you the exact one that will be used.

It doesn't show up on Google Maps.

CM port hasn´t updated the exact quay (terminal) number and Eurodam will share the oceankaj quay with Norwegian Star on the 26th of August.

As the Star will arrive first i think they will dock at C331 and Eurodam at C332 but I´m just guessing. :D

C331 is the one closest to the bus stop.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/Unicef+F%C3%A6rgehavn+Nord/@55.7152587,12.6236249,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x465252b9af094e71:0xe18e422bba7ed610

From your hotel is best to walk to Nørreport station and take any northbound train but not the metro but they go east/west anyway :D.

From Østerport you take bus 26 to Færgehavn Nord UNICEF.

Instead of walking to the main hall you will take the pedestrian bridge at the opposite end of the platform, walk right and find the bus.

As the Star will arrive first i think they will dock at C331 and Eurodam at C332 but I´m just guessing. :D

Our boarding pass for the Eurodam on the 27th says C330 ... or is that just the designation for a group? I'm sure we'll see the ship when we get close. :) Edited by catl331

• 2 weeks later...

We will be in Copenhagen on June 2, 2015, next year from 7 am to 4 pm docking at Langelinie (sp?) pier. It will be our first visit.

I am so interested in all the good reviews I read about Frederiksborg Slot (Castle) and we are very comfortable taking your public transportation to visit. I believe we could tour there and still have time for a canal tour when we returned to Copenhagen town.

My question is this: Should we try to do this or would it be advisable to remain in town for our 9 hours? If we stay in town, what are the Must See spots?

Thank you for answering this for me as I'm sure you have answered it before, but this thread is just too big to read it all.

You can also get some good deals at the long term parking at the airport.

The parking space at the port is not fenced in and I don't know how well they are looking for your car.

You are right, unfortunately, when we returned from our cruise not only our car but all the cars on the parking lot had broken windows. Nobody we talked to, missed anything and the broken windows were coverd with a plastic. And as we were told by the other passengers, it wasn't the first time somebody broke the windows. Next time we will fly.

• 2 weeks later...

Our extended family of eight adults will be in Copenhagen on a cruise next June, we overnight there. Apart from the usual Copenhagen sights we really want to see Northern Zealand and Kronborg & Frederiksborg castles. What would be the best way to do this, I though we could rent a van and drive up the first morning, we could return the car once we get back and then use local transportation within the city. How long will the trip take, 4-5 hours? What would be the cost of the rental, also entrances to the castles, is there any combined ticket which includes Christiansborg palace too? Thanks in advance!

If you buy the Copenhagen Card you have free entrance to Frederiksborg Castle, The small ferry on the castle lake, Kronborg Castle and the maritime museum and Christiansborg Palace.

And its include the transportation between all the place with both bus, Metro and train.

I´m guessing that your ship docks at Langelinie pier so the schedule looks like this.

S-train line A (as it looks like with the new schedule, else its line E) to Hillerød.

Here you can walk to the castle through the city center or you can take the ferry from the town square to the castle.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hiller%C3%B8d+st/Frederiksborg+Slot,+3400+Hiller%C3%B8d/@55.9306989,12.2960902,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465240b93d48e7eb:0xc29994aeefa81d4e!2m2!1d12.310928!2d55.926923!1m5!1m1!1s0x46524097762941e1:0x12c6a634246b6152!2m2!1d12.301272!2d55.934965!3e2

Or bus 301 towards Ålholmparken or 302 towards Grønnegade or Sophienlund

When done you can take the bus back to Hillerød where the lokalbanen train towards Helsingør will bring you to Kronborg and Danish Maritime Museum.

When done for the day you simply just take the Øresund train back to Copenhagen and Østerport station.

If you buy the Copenhagen Card you have free entrance to Frederiksborg Castle, The small ferry on the castle lake, Kronborg Castle and the maritime museum and Christiansborg Palace.

And its include the transportation between all the place with both bus, Metro and train.

I´m guessing that your ship docks at Langelinie pier so the schedule looks like this.

S-train line A (as it looks like with the new schedule, else its line E) to Hillerød.

Here you can walk to the castle through the city center or you can take the ferry from the town square to the castle.

https://www.google.dk/maps/dir/Hiller%C3%B8d+st/Frederiksborg+Slot,+3400+Hiller%C3%B8d/@55.9306989,12.2960902,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x465240b93d48e7eb:0xc29994aeefa81d4e!2m2!1d12.310928!2d55.926923!1m5!1m1!1s0x46524097762941e1:0x12c6a634246b6152!2m2!1d12.301272!2d55.934965!3e2

Or bus 301 towards Ålholmparken or 302 towards Grønnegade or Sophienlund

When done you can take the bus back to Hillerød where the lokalbanen train towards Helsingør will bring you to Kronborg and Danish Maritime Museum.

When done for the day you simply just take the Øresund train back to Copenhagen and Østerport station.

Thanks for the detailed reply Danish Viking. Just wondering if with eight of us it might not be better/cheaper to just rent a van, this way we could also stop along the way on the Zealand coast. What do you say, appreciate your input.