Wonderful Copenhagen

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Royal. It was kind of a limited choice for us, because I wanted to use points and we had enough Radisson/Club Carlson points. It turned out a good choice and the location was great.

We're considering staying at the Radisson Blu Royal next September using our Club Carlson points. We'll be staying a few days prior to our TA cruise. I'm interested in any comments about the hotel and the location. Did you use your points for the room only, or did you get the room and breakfast package? Recommendations for transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to pier?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Not at all :D

Its hard to explain.

Google almost has it.

https://translate.google.dk/?hl=en&tab=wT#da/en/nyhavn

City names, which are made up of two or more words combined into one nane, may not show any translation, like “Nyhavn” translates to Nyhavn, but separate the name to the original form “Ny Havn” and it trnslates to “New Port”, Nyborg = Ny Borg translates to New Castle, the strange one is “Nykøbing” of which there are three, in Denmark (Morsø, Sjæland and Falster)

translates to “Seattle”, but separate the name “Ny Købing” the only part that translates is “New” :D

Or the last word in this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j89GYqnEQcQ

Cato :)

Not at all :D

Its hard to explain.

Google almost has it.

https://translate.google.dk/?hl=en&tab=wT#da/en/nyhavn

Or the last word in this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j89GYqnEQcQ

City names, which are made up of two or more words combined into one nane, may not show any translation, like “Nyhavn” translates to Nyhavn, but separate the name to the original form “Ny Havn” and it trnslates to “New Port”, Nyborg = Ny Borg translates to New Castle, the strange one is “Nykøbing” of which there are three, in Denmark (Morsø, Sjæland and Falster)

translates to “Seattle”, but separate the name “Ny Købing” the only part that translates is “New” :D

Cato :)

We are staying at the Marriott and want to go to Tivoli. I know this is only about a 1/2 mile walk, but my wife has difficulty walking and would like to "save" her feet for walking around inside the park by taking a taxi to the entrance. What do you think would be a fair offer to a taxi driver to use his place at the head of the line at the hotel for such a short trip? Is 100 DKK enough? Or too much? Thanks. :)

Thank you for bus information from airport to Marriott and do buses run from early morning (7 am) on?

\

Thank you,

Ddcruiser

You can take bus 5A but it will take you 29 minutes to Polititorvet where you have to walk the last 300 meters.

The busses runs all day and from 7 AM they run with around 10-12 departures every hour.

You can get closer to the hotel (150 meters) if you first take the metro and change at Christianshavn.

Here you take bus 9A towards Glostrup at get off at Kalvebod Brygge just infront of the hotel.

Hi, I skimmed the thread but didn't read all posts so forgive me if this has been asked. We need to get from the airport to our hotel (Skt. Petri). My mom is handicapped and we also have a baby and a lot of luggage, so any type of public transport that includes any walking is really out.

My questions is, should we just grab a cab or do you suggest any type of shuttle service we can book to go from the airport to the front door of our hotel? Thanks so much!

A hired van is way to expensive and a taxi will do the job well and the price is around 400 kroner.

We're considering staying at the Radisson Blu Royal next September using our Club Carlson points. We'll be staying a few days prior to our TA cruise. I'm interested in any comments about the hotel and the location. Did you use your points for the room only, or did you get the room and breakfast package? Recommendations for transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to pier?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Points. We have the Club Carlson credit card, which gives you a free night when you book at least one night with points. Since we were only there for two nights, it was basically two nights for one. We splurged and went for the premium (royal club) room, for 75,000 points, instead of 50,000 points for the standard room. It was fantastic. You get breakfast at Alberto K, on the 20th floor, not in the regular restaurant where those who pay for a breakfast package go. It's probably one of the best breakfast buffets we've had at a hotel. You also get a corner room with a nespresso machine for the extra points. We got lucky and were on the tivoli side, so we were looking right down into the park. We value or club carlson points around .06 cents per point, so basically $450 worth of points for two nights with free breakfast at Alberto K. Not really much to think about at Copenhagen prices. If we hadn't had the credit to get the second night free and were paying 75,000 points per night, that would be a lot.

The hotel is a bit sterile and modern -- or, at least, what would have been modern in the 1990s. If you're looking for a quaint, older Copenhagen feel, this isn't it. It's a square room in a square glass skyscraper. Small by USA standards, for sure. But the service was really good, helpful and friendly. Beds were comfortable. Bathrooms were big and conveniently laid out.

Location was perfect. As noted, Tivoli is right there. Central station is a block away. Vesterport station is also a block away, which is very convenient. The entrance to the Stroget is a bit more than a block away, with all the shops and restaurants. A nice stroll down the Stroget takes you toward Slotsholman, and a little further to Nyhavn. Train or bus to metro to go anywhere else is pretty easy.

We took cabs to the airport and to the cruise. To/from the airport it was about 280 to 320 DKK or so. To our cruise terminal (Oceankaj 2100, C330) it was about 170 DKK. If you don't have too much luggage, the train to and from the airport would be cheaper. As detailed in another thread, I left something at our ship, and decided to take the bus and train to save the cab fare. That was 26 DKK, and pretty easy, but it does require some walking and stairs and, of course, takes longer. I wouldn't recommend it with more than one bag.

Edited by Regguy

Hi, we're on an NCL cruise from Copenhagen on August 26th and we are looking for an precruise hotel for one night. We will come by car and therefor I wonder which hotel has a parkinglot or garage without paying more for the car then for the hotel. And has anyone experiences with the new pier 330 regarding the possibility parking our car there? I called there and was told we couldn't reserve a parkinglot there. Are there enough places for all or is it difficult to find a place?

The Swabians

Hi, we're on an NCL cruise from Copenhagen on August 26th and we are looking for an precruise hotel for one night. We will come by car and therefor I wonder which hotel has a parkinglot or garage without paying more for the car then for the hotel. And has anyone experiences with the new pier 330 regarding the possibility parking our car there? I called there and was told we couldn't reserve a parkinglot there. Are there enough places for all or is it difficult to find a place?

The Swabians

The times I have been there has been a lot of parking spaces.

Here are the prices from Radisson Blu Scandinavia, its a closed secured parking space.

Prices:

06:00 - 18:00 - DKK 21 per hour

18:00 - 06:00 - DKK 12 per hour

24 hours - DKK 190

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks so much for lending your expertise! This thread is a wealth of information. A few questions for you:

We are flying in at 8:40am to CPH on a Thursday for a 6pm sailing on the Royal Princess, leaving from Oceankaj. We are planning to take the train to the city center to see a thing or two before heading to the boat via train/bus #26. I know we don't have a lot of time. Two questions:

1) is there a place in the city center where we can store our luggage? (Probably a large suitcase and a carry-on, maybe just 2 carry-ons and a school-sized backpack). I have tried searching for this, but have been unsuccessful.

2) best things to see in our short amt of time? Rosenberg Castle? Canal tour? Walk around and eat some Danish pastry? Do a walking tour of some sort?

I am sad we only have a little time, but a little time is better than none. Thanks in advance for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone tell me how far the Radisson Blu is from the Strogat? I think the hotel is supposed to be located near the central train station and Tivoli. Sorry if I spelled Strogat wrong. Thanks for any information.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Sea Day Cruiser

Hi Danish Viking,

Thanks for your previous response. We are arriving Copenhagen on August14 at 10:25am and sail on Oceania Marina from Freeport Terminal C254 Orientkaj at 5pm. We would like to take the train from the airport to city centre and the bus to the port terminal.

Please advise:

1. how to take train from airport to Central Station and how long does it take.

2. what to see around Central Station.

3. how to take bus #26 from Central Station to the port.

4. how to bus/walk to Little Mermaid.

Many thanks. Violet

Edited by 24111951

Hi Danish Viking,

Please disregard previous message

Thanks for your previous response. We are arriving Copenhagen on August14 at 10:25am and sail on Oceania Marina from Freeport Terminal C254 Orientkaj at 5pm. We would like to take the train from the airport to city centre and the bus to the port terminal.

Please advise:

1. how to take train/metro from airport to City Centre and how long does it take.

2. what to see in city centre within 3 hours.

3. how to take bus #26 from City Centre to the port and how long does it take.

4. how to bus/walk to Little Mermaid.

Many thanks. Violet

We will be staying overnight in Copenhagen in Sept. I would like to know approximately how many DKK we will need for taxi service form the airport to the Copenhagen Marriott and from the hotel to the port. We will also need money to get around, eat and take a boat tour. We will use credit cards when we can but do not want to exchange more money than we need. We are three people and will have a total of 6 pieces of luggage. That may increase the cost of a taxi. Any help you can give will greatly be appreciated.

How do we get a cab from the Fisketovet shopping mall? Is there a taxi stand nearby, or do we telephone for one, or do we walk outside and wave one down as we would in New York City? Or wait for one dropping someone else off? This would be around 12:00. Thanks! :)

Edited by catl331

Could anyone tell me how far the Radisson Blu is from the Strogat? I think the hotel is supposed to be located near the central train station and Tivoli. Sorry if I spelled Strogat wrong. Thanks for any information.

Very close. About 1.5 blocks. Walk pas Tivoli and through the City Hall square and you are right at the western entrance to the Stroget.

We will be staying overnight in Copenhagen in Sept. I would like to know approximately how many DKK we will need for taxi service form the airport to the Copenhagen Marriott and from the hotel to the port. We will also need money to get around, eat and take a boat tour. We will use credit cards when we can but do not want to exchange more money than we need. We are three people and will have a total of 6 pieces of luggage. That may increase the cost of a taxi. Any help you can give will greatly be appreciated.

Depends on which port. We were staying a couple of blocks from the Marriott. A cab to a330 was about 150. From the airport around 270. We also, however had a lot of luggage going back so they called a large van for us, which had a higher meter rate. With a small tip it was about 360.

Hi Danish Viking, or anyone else that might know:

How far (walk time wise) is it between the Skandic Copenhagen (next to the lake) and The Square hotel?

It's hard to tell from the city map. I understand there is a lot of construction going on right where The Square is, and am concerned about noise while staying in the hotel.

Thanks.