Cold...Cold...Cold!!!

innlady1

I'm sorry I can't partisipate in this conversation about cold. As of the last few days we've been having a small heat wave. A nice 80 degrees.:D[

No flames.........../B]

Do you Really need to rub it in? :sigh: :D :p

Enjoy it but have a bit of pity of those of us in the tundra. :rolleyes:

We fly to San Diego next week for 28 days on HAL. When we return, it will be March and the sun will be rising and setting in much better spots.

Last March we were in Caribbean islands and it was warmer in central Illinois than it was there. Who knows what will happen in two weeks.

So far, January and February have brought less than 2" of snow. The ground is barren. Yuck! Gimme some snow to go with the cold. Never above a dozen today! Single digits at night. Fortunately the wind has died down.

Jim

I live in SC PA. :) Met-Ed is the company.

Sorry your electric company chose such a freezing night to go off line. Hope they get the system back up quickly.

I am sure your Boston Red Sox Avatar was what made me think you mIGHT be from Boston. :) Yes, I realize there are members of Red Sox Nation all over the country/world!!!!! :) But hopefully you understand my error.

Do you Really need to rub it in? :sigh: :D :p

Enjoy it but have a bit of pity of those of us in the tundra. :rolleyes:

Naw, don't mean to rub it in, and I do take pity on all of you in the tundra.

That is why I chose to live here is because of the weather, certainly there is no other reason to be here. :(

Hi all from Australia,

We work in metric, so I can only tell you we have had 45o heat, now down to around 32o, with humidity about 98o/o. Starting to envy you guys.

(Not really}

Same here Maxmia, so, so hot here in the Kimberley. :( I was thinking how nice it would be to experience the cold weather the other posters are mentioning as we live in air conditioning over 9 months of the year. I guess we always wish for something different to what we have .......human nature :)

I envy you people getting out of this cold.

It is so cold here that when the garbage men emptied my container - there was still a bag of garbage at the bottom - it is frozen stuck there:eek:

No sign of this frigid weather breaking until the weekend - for those cruising - enjoy the warm weather - for those of us stuck in the frozen wastelands - stay warm:D

I envy you people getting out of this cold.

It is so cold here that when the garbage men emptied my container - there was still a bag of garbage at the bottom - it is frozen stuck there:eek:

No sign of this frigid weather breaking until the weekend - for those cruising - enjoy the warm weather - for those of us stuck in the frozen wastelands - stay warm:D

When I stepped outside to get the paper this morning it hurt to breathe. -20 Celcius and with wind chill factor it is supposed to feel like -30. I believe it.

With our crazy seaside climate it could be raining and balmy in a few days or it could stay like this for a while.

When I stepped outside to get the paper this morning it hurt to breathe. -20 Celcius and with wind chill factor it is supposed to feel like -30. I believe it.

With our crazy seaside climate it could be raining and balmy in a few days or it could stay like this for a while.

It's bitter - took the dogs out for their business an hour ago and I still can't get warm. brrrrrrrrrrr

We're just a couple of months away from our 10th year here after moving from the "frozen north" and threads like this remind me why we jumped at the offer to be relocated back then. Does remind me of the days we used to book Caribbean cruises in January to March to escape the cold. Not such a factor now as after a few days of near freezing weather last week it will be a pleasant 76 degrees here today. :)

I am so glad that we're flying out on Thursday for our Sunday cruise on Ryndam. It's 19 degrees here now...and is going to get worse...brrrrrrrrr! This happened to us in '09...it was 18 degrees when we left MA for FLL! :eek:

Hope you get out before the snow! Have a great cruise!

Marge

Thanks, Marge. If we can believe the forecast, there's a window of opportunity tomorrow when it's going to be sunny (cold but sunny). It was 9 degrees this morning when my husband got up. :eek:

If the forecast changes, we get in the car and drive to Tampa. :rolleyes:

Same here Maxmia, so, so hot here in the Kimberley. :( I was thinking how nice it would be to experience the cold weather the other posters are mentioning as we live in air conditioning over 9 months of the year. I guess we always wish for something different to what we have .......human nature :)

I'll (happily) trade locations with you!:) It is -32C with the wind chill factor this a.m. where I live!:((And I don't have a/c in our summer either when the temperature in my apartment reaches +30C):eek:

I'll (happily) trade locations with you!:) It is -32C with the wind chill factor this a.m. where I live!:((And I don't have a/c in our summer either when the temperature in my apartment reaches +30C):eek:

sapper, it is supposed to be +2C here next week with rain!!! :rolleyes:

I can't remember the last time we had rain here. It must have been 4 months or more ago. It's been snow ever since:rolleyes:.

Hi All - I am going to be the contrarian here. I sympathize with all who are uncomfortable in cold weather. That is how I feel in hot humid weather. I love winter and dred the summer. I love being chilly and bundling up; our fireplace glowing; snow the whole bit. So it does take all kinds.

Terry

I don't envy you who live in the frozen tundra. We lived in north-central MT for awhile and got a little taste of it --- 40 below in the winter ---- at least it never lasted long there though.

We're "enjoying" low 30's temperatures here, no snow right now (thank goodness) just lots of fog and frost. That Caribbean cruise coming up in March is sounding very nice. It will probably be up to 40-50 here by then. :D

Archived