Beach towels

Dayenu

Carnival's towel policy is more accommadating and they can't be losing a lot of towels or they wouldn't be doing it this way and a Carnival cruise wouldn't be cheaper than Royal.

You have two nice new looking towels in our cabin. When used you can either place them on the floor for the room steward to replace daily OR you can exchange them at the pool. As long as there are 2 in your cabin when you leave, no problem. There is no card swiping and no problems. Also, in our experience, the towels are bigger and newer and nicer than the ones on Royal because they are hoping you purchase them.

We like a Royal cruise better, but the towel procedure is one thing that is better on Carnival. The food is another, but that's another thread.

If you had to leave your seapass to get the towels... like others have said - it's definitely decreasing booze purchases but how the heck are they going to weed through the 1000+ cards when you return your towel to find your card... i'm lucky to find my debit card in my wallet when i'm in line buying groceries and I definitely don't have 1000 cards in there!

Carnival's towel policy is more accommadating and they can't be losing a lot of towels or they wouldn't be doing it this way and a Carnival cruise wouldn't be cheaper than Royal.

You have two nice new looking towels in our cabin. When used you can either place them on the floor for the room steward to replace daily OR you can exchange them at the pool. As long as there are 2 in your cabin when you leave, no problem. There is no card swiping and no problems. Also, in our experience, the towels are bigger and newer and nicer than the ones on Royal because they are hoping you purchase them.

We like a Royal cruise better, but the towel procedure is one thing that is better on Carnival. The food is another, but that's another thread.

Royal Caribbean USED to do it that way stewpapa...but apparently it wasn't working for them. I don't mind the new system if it cuts down on the lounge chair reserve abuse.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the problem was not so much people sneaking them off the ship to take home, but rather just discarding them anywhere and everywhere, making fore more clean-up work at poolside, more waste. I guess, on the private islands, passengers just carelessly left them to blow away or litter the beach by the dozens. Or so I was told.

Apparently the problem was not so much people sneaking them off the ship to take home, but rather just discarding them anywhere and everywhere, making fore more clean-up work at poolside, more waste. I guess, on the private islands, passengers just carelessly left them to blow away or litter the beach by the dozens. Or so I was told.

Really? For what they charge for a cruise, they can't pick up a few of their own towels? :confused: They have staff on the private islands, to do just that, among other things. Sorry -- not buying that excuse. :rolleyes:

And BTW -- our last RC cruise was two years ago, on Liberty. During our week onboard, we checked out several pool towels; they were all so threadbare and shabby, I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to steal them!

Oh dear! This erroneous thread comes to the front page again. *sigh* OP was misinformed and sadly, many others have taken his/her word for it as truth.

RCI does NOT keep your Sea Pass card, they absolutely do not! They can't! It is your room key, identification, and charge account all in one. They do not keep your card; they merely swipe it once when you get your towels (or at the very least, write down your information) and swipe it again when you return them on the last evening.

I hear if you want 6 towels you have to leave your room key, major credit card, and your passport.

Also, your first born,:eek:

As Karen said, when we sailed last July (on Freedom)you just swiped your card the first time you got towels, then exchanged them when you wanted and on final day returned them with your card.

Sea Ya

Archived