SENIORS a Big NO NO for the 1-2-3 Bonus..

ewynn07

Yeah, I just read the restrictions on the Celebrity website to make sure I passed along the deal correctly to some friends of ours who are considering booking a Celebrity cruise. It clearly states that it is not combinable with ANY other discounts whatsoever.

We were so excited to book the Norway Fjords June 25th....we booked AQUA and assumed we could get the 1-2-3 Bonus. NOPE because we got the senior rate didn't qualify. Also couldn't use resident rate. Has anyone else had this happen to them??? Feel like Celebrity is discriminating against us "young" at heart!!

It is clearly stated the offer is not combinable with senior or resident rates.

As others have mentioned it may be more discriminating against younger people :) Although, I bet if you forego the senior discount you could get the 1 2 3 discount instead. In other words, they'd likely let you get either, but not both. So the limitation is not a discrimination, it's just a restriction. Now, if they said you had to take the senior discount and were precluded rom making a choice for the other then that may be a different matter, but I don't think that's the case.

That said, I think the senior or resident discounts are better deals if you don't care about the drink package.

Tom

We were so excited to book the Norway Fjords June 25th....we booked AQUA and assumed we could get the 1-2-3 Bonus. NOPE because we got the senior rate didn't qualify. Also couldn't use resident rate. Has anyone else had this happen to them??? Feel like Celebrity is discriminating against us "young" at heart!!

Thanks for all the info...now if we drop the "senior" rate we can get Bonus 1 and 2 and 3 as we are Captain Club Members. Now another decision!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for all the info...now if we drop the "senior" rate we can get Bonus 1 and 2 and 3 as we are Captain Club Members. Now another decision!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

That should work, contact your travel agent, here's the email I got.

Experience a summer vacation in Northern Europe with family or friends and as a valued Captain's Club member, you'll receive ALL of the following offers:

• Free Beverage Packages**

• Free Gratuities**

• Up to $300 to spend on board.**

• Additional family or friends get 50% off* rates—for a savings of up to $500* per person—on summer Europe sailings June through August of this year.

• 50% reduced deposits.**

So, there's no better time than now to plan your summer vacation in Europe.

Book by February 18 to take advantage of this incredible vacation opportunity.

Government taxes and fees are additional. Reduced rates for third and fourth passengers are per person, cruise only, for select Europe sailings departing June - Aug. 2013, ocean view and veranda category staterooms, and based on triple and quad occupancy. Government taxes and fees are additional. Pricing reflects savings. Savings are per person and based on original cruise fares.

**To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Jan. 7 - Feb. 18, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition® cruises, that departs between Feb. 2013 - Apr. 2014.

Offer excludes Feb. 2013 sailings booked on or after Jan. 28, 2013, and all Celebrity Xpedition sailings. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Extended Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings."

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving, all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, and teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Terms of Celebrity's Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Guest must provide date of birth by Jan. 27, 2013 for Feb. 2013 sailings, or by Feb. 18, 2013, for all other sailings.

Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities (amounts based on gratuity guidelines).

Onboard Credit is per stateroom and amount based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking.

Captain's Club members are eligible to receive each of the three Offer options. Loyalty offer applies to new individual and non-contracted group bookings named and deposited Jan. 23 - Feb. 18, 2013, for Europe Jun. - Aug. 2013 sailings only.

Unless stated otherwise, all other terms of the Offer apply. Valid membership number must be provided at time of booking; new members may book on board without a membership number but must provide the membership number by Feb. 28, 2013.

To redeem offer contact your Travel professional, or Celebrity Cruises at 1-866-212-2702. 50% Reduced Deposit Offer applies to new individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposits begin Jan. 17, 2013. Reduced deposit is not applicable to groups. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb 18, 2013, unless sailing is within final payment period. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select "Other" in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount. For information on these offers, click here .

All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer. Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions.

Since we have been cruising, Celebrity has always had the policy of not accepting more than one type of discount, whether it be senior rate, resident rate, 123 promotion, whatever. Discounts are not combinable. ...

Discounts are not combinable but some promotions are. We have combined a senior or resident rate with passages OBC.

I fail to see what all the drama is about :confused:

Book your cabin at a rate you are happy with & then take advantage of available "deals" as they are offered.

It's a simple math equation, add up everything you would normally purchase & then decide if the current offers are worth it to you.

We gave up our $450 OBC & paid $300 more for our cabin in order to take advantage of the 123, 13 nights of bev pkg & pre paid gratuities (which we would have purchased anyway) saved us on our overall price. No emotion involved, just simple math.

If you would not normally buy a bev. pkg. then it's probably not a good deal.

Celebrity almost never offers residency rates on cruises for us W. Coasters, I don't feel particularly discriminated against, it's just the supply & demand.

Wow what a moan.

So because I'm too young to qualify for a senior rate I should start a thread protesting about how Celebrity discriminate against 'non seniors'?

Or I'm not military.....

Or I'm not someone with 3 legs and 2 heads.....

Or they discriminate the rest of the world that trusts adults over 18 with the silly alcohol rule even when they are not sailing anywhere near the US.

It's life. Discounts are offered all the time to some and not others.....not worth getting our Depends in a knot.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that some people think Celebrity should just give out free cruises. Get the lowest cabin price, senior rate, resident rate, 123 promotion, etc. I remember Charles Nelson Riley (he is a comedian for you younger folk) doing a comedy routine where he was selling airline tickets and kept giving the buyer different discounts (group rate, early booking, etc.). In the end he gave the passenger her ticket plus $50 cash since the discounts were greater than the entire airfare. I think some cruisers are looking for this type of deal. Not exactly sure how cruise lines would stay in business, but that is not their problem.

Someone also posted this evening she got all of the the 3, 123 Go promos doing a 12 night Med Cruise....we got two...I wish I knew how to "play" the system....oh well. I do hope you figured it out and got the most bang for your buck though...not sure what the senior rate would have been for our cruise but the $600 each would have not been the best bang...I think the drink package alone added up to almost that....and we were able to choose 2.

It almost makes me want to call Celebrity and ask why we didn't get all 3 for our cruise...probably wouldn't do any good. I'm just going to count my blessings and be happy we're able to afford to go and still ready, willing and able.

Greetings

Certain TAs were sweetening the deal. That may be how she got all 3. I got 2 of 3 for a Carribean cruise. The beverage package came from Celebrity and free gratuities came from the TA. The TA I used was also offering all 3 benefits for Euro cruises. It can pay to shop around.

Good Sailing

Tom

I booked a cruise with the senior discount and then the promo came out and I was a le to get the booze package but I had to pay the difference in the rates. :D The differnce was worth it.

I think that is how how many those others claim that they got both or all three.

It is possible to get all three when taking a European cruise. Take 2 of the offers as promoted and the TA either pays the gratuities or gives the SBC.

You can't always believe what people tell you. On one cruise someone told me that they got upgraded from a balcony to a suite. I said that is really nice as I have never received anything like that. He then said that he has a great TA that called him a few weeks before sailing and said that he could upgrade to a suite for an extra $500 pp so he took it.

Understood that from the get-go. No senior,resident, military. Who cares, the beverage package is way more than what I would get for one of those discounts!:)

We are booked on the Fjord cruise in June. We booked this cruise last July with a guarantee rate. When the 123 came out we call our agent and paid a very little difference and got the promo. Our agent also was giving us OBC. We are also seniors but the promo is a better deal for us. this will be our first Celebrity cruise. We are elite on Princess but want to try something different this year. This is so much better prices than Princess Fjord cruise.

Looking forward to the cruise. See you onboard.

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at the June 25th Norway cruise and have been hesitating due to the price for a veranda stateroom; the thought of anything less with such spectacular scenery just didn't seem worth it. Low and behold, today I was poking around and saw that the senior rate of $2109 for a 2B and $2169 for CC is currently being offered. That's about a $500 per person savings...that has to be better than any of the 123 promotions that had been offered! I emailed my T.A. immediately. :) (the Arctic Circle cruise also dropped but only by $200 p.p.)

I have been looking at the June 25th Norway cruise and have been hesitating due to the price for a veranda stateroom; the thought of anything less with such spectacular scenery just didn't seem worth it. Low and behold, today I was poking around and saw that the senior rate of $2109 for a 2B and $2169 for CC is currently being offered. That's about a $500 per person savings...that has to be better than any of the 123 promotions that had been offered! I emailed my T.A. immediately. :) (the Arctic Circle cruise also dropped but only by $200 p.p.)

A great example of how important it is to continue to monitor pricing and inventory. Congrats on a great price drop!

I, for one, regret opting for the 123 Go instead of keeping my senior rate! Today the senior rate for Veranda guarantee for my April 11 cruise has dropped to almost the same amount as my final payment for oceanview.

My TA tells me that I cannot get a Verandah guaranteed room, and to get a Verandah room now I must pay the full rate of almost $1000 per person to upgrade. For crying out loud, the senior rate for a verandah guarantee room today is about $1900.

I called Celebrity and was told that only my TA has my booking, or can do anything.

I will enjoy my cruise, but very disappointed in my first ( possibly last) experience with Celebrity.

Price specials come and go. It is how cruiselines do business. If you think changing to another cruiseline is going to change that, I wish you luck. I don't understand why people who book a cruise at a certain pricepoint at which they are presumably satisified, later complain if a new deal comes up that they do not qualify for (or would have to pay a premium for). If you're not happy with a price/special, then don't book it. You made the decision to book when and how you did, not the cruiseline. This type of business model is certainly not unique to cruiselines. Read the rules, read the fine print, and if you are not happy with what you see, don't book. End of rant:)

I, for one, regret opting for the 123 Go instead of keeping my senior rate! Today the senior rate for Veranda guarantee for my April 11 cruise has dropped to almost the same amount as my final payment for oceanview.

My TA tells me that I cannot get a Verandah guaranteed room, and to get a Verandah room now I must pay the full rate of almost $1000 per person to upgrade. For crying out loud, the senior rate for a verandah guarantee room today is about $1900.

I called Celebrity and was told that only my TA has my booking, or can do anything.

I will enjoy my cruise, but very disappointed in my first ( possibly last) experience with Celebrity.

Celebrity can't do anything with your booking because you booked through your TA. That is not Celebrity's fault. Call your TA back again and see what they say. Tell them you want to sacrifice the 123 promotion for the cheaper senior verandah guarantee. Maybe someone else has experience with this but since you are not to final payment, I'm not sure why you cannot do this. At least cancel out the one cruise and rebook...shouldn't be an issue. I am may be mistaken....but if I'm not - I'd get a new TA for next time because it sounds like your TA doesn't want to lose commission off the higher priced room.

I booked during the 1-2-3. I paid the entire fare since it was within the final payment period. After booking, I called Celebrity to let them know what my choice was. I was told that I had booked a special fare called "happy hour" and could not get the 1-2-3. I was shocked. When I booked there was nothing that said "happy hour" or any hint of the booking being unqualified. In fact, the term "happy hour" was completely new to me. I am going on the cruise. I did get a decent price. I still feel as if the 1-2-3 deal was misrepresented.

I booked during the 1-2-3. I paid the entire fare since it was within the final payment period. After booking, I called Celebrity to let them know what my choice was. I was told that I had booked a special fare called "happy hour" and could not get the 1-2-3. I was shocked. When I booked there was nothing that said "happy hour" or any hint of the booking being unqualified. In fact, the term "happy hour" was completely new to me. I am going on the cruise. I did get a decent price. I still feel as if the 1-2-3 deal was misrepresented.

As info, the term "Happy Hour" several years ago applied to what are now called "Xciting deals". These are the one-day sales held on Tuesdays for select voyages (the voyages on sale change week by week). The terms and conditions of the 123 GO promotion did mention the promo was not combineable with "Xciting deals". Part of the problem here is the fact these rates for several years were called happy hour sales (at the very beginning they were only available in the afternoon hours on Tuesdays -- thus the reference to Happy Hour ;)). But later on, they became one day sales good for booking the entire day on Tuesday. Then yet later, the Happy Hour reference was changed to Xciting deals. Sorry you feel the 123 deal was misrepresented, but hopes this explains it all a little more. If it was someone at Celebrity who told you your rate didn't qualify for the 123 deal, they were wrong to use the term Happy Hour, since in reality it was an Xciting deal they were actually referencing. And it doens't help matters that old timers like us on this board often still refer to these sales as happy hours!

Just need to do your research. When booking, if you are interested in an offer, you should confirm with the agent that the fare is eligible. If the offer was the prime concern, they could have told you the price for an eligible rate so there would have been no issue.

It's pretty normal for there to be conditions on combining offers. As the fine print said it couldn't be combined with a number of other rates, just check with the agent when booking and there will be no issue.

Archived