Hotel help at Heathrow

miju4243

We are going on a Princess cruise to the Norwegian fjords this June. Flying into Heathrow a day early then catching the princess bus to Southampton the next day.

What hotels would be most convenient to get to & then to the bus the next day? Think we will be getting in late afternoon so no sightseeing just rest as we will be coming from Portland, OR.

Thanks

If you're flying in to T5 (British Airways), the Sofitel is most convenient. Nothing else comes close. If you're flying in on another airline and arriving at a different terminal, that isn't the case. Any help you can offer on your airline and/or Terminal of arrival?

Probably be on United, don't know wht terminal.

Most likely it will be Terminal 5. We are flying in in October for the Celebrity T/ A, arriving in the evening, then renting a car to get to my sister's place for a per-cruise visit. Not wanting to drive at night (wrong side and being tired fro the flight) we decide to stay at Sofitel. -- right at Terminal 5 -- any other hotel would require taxi from terminal, then taxi back to car rental, so the cost of Sofitel is worth the convenience.

Most likely it will be Terminal 5. We are flying in in October for the Celebrity T/ A, arriving in the evening, then renting a car to get to my sister's place for a per-cruise visit. Not wanting to drive at night (wrong side and being tired fro the flight) we decide to stay at Sofitel. -- right at Terminal 5 -- any other hotel would require taxi from terminal, then taxi back to car rental, so the cost of Sofitel is worth the convenience.

United operate out of Terminal 1 or 4. Only British Airways operate out of 5.

You can find out for sure using the link below.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/which-terminal

As mentioned, United definitely doesn't use T5. Not even BA's partners use T5, let alone non-partners.

We are going on a Princess cruise to the Norwegian fjords this June. Flying into Heathrow a day early then catching the princess bus to Southampton the next day.

What hotels would be most convenient to get to & then to the bus the next day? Think we will be getting in late afternoon so no sightseeing just rest as we will be coming from Portland, OR.

Thanks

Here is a link to a good source of information about Heathrow airport hotels:

*Heathrow Hotels-Maps, Transfers

If you scroll down to the bottom, there are maps showing the locations of the hotels.

Also tells how to get around to the different ones.

The hotel names in green are links that you can click to get further information about each hotel on the list.

We flew in to Heathrow last Feb from So. Cal. and stayed at the Jurys Inn. It was a five min drive from the airport - Im sorry but I don't remember which terminal we came into. The hotel has a shuttle that will pick you up, but you do have to pay for it. I believe it was about $12 US per person. We caught a cab, basically because I wanted to ride in one of the "London" cabs - and paid $26 for all three of us. The hotel was very comfortable and had a bar area where you can get a quick bite to eat if you are coming in late. They also have a buffet breakfast that was included in the room price. And they have free computers in the lobby you can use. I don't recall the room price, but it was very reasonable. We had two queen size beds - which is rare for Europe. The entire hotel is non-smoking. We stayed three days prior to the cruise and found the location perfect - one block from the Tube. I went on-line prior to leaving home and ordered a private taxi to take us to the pier the day of the cruise. The driver was there on time (early actually) and again, I don't recall the exact anount, but I believe it was about $75 US for the three of us. Its about a 45 min drive from the Heathrow area to Southampton. The port boarding in Southampton was extremely quick and organized. Enjoy your cruise.

We stayed at the Marriott at Heathrow a couple of time. Both before and after a cruise. We always use a car service Smithtotheairport.com to transfer to and from ship. Very professional service. Hope this is helpful to you.

Archived