Should we take this upgrade offer?

cabinluvn

Our TA just called with an upgrade offer for our transatlantic on the Noordam next month. We are currently in 4064, a category G, inside, partially obstructed cabin. The offer is for a balcony VA-VH for $149/pp. we like midship and, tho we would love a balcony, don't want to be put at the butt end of the ship...that is where a lot of the empty cabins are. There are a few midship and we would consider those if we can choose. Do you think it is a good deal? Should we wait to see if something better is offered?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Our TA just called with an upgrade offer for our transatlantic on the Noordam next month. We are currently in 4064, a category G, inside, partially obstructed cabin. The offer is for a balcony VA-VH for $149/pp. we like midship and, tho we would love a balcony, don't want to be put at the butt end of the ship...that is where a lot of the empty cabins are. There are a few midship and we would consider those if we can choose. Do you think it is a good deal? Should we wait to see if something better is offered?

Sounds like a dam good deal to me - there may well be rooms you can choose from - don't waste time - if you want a balcony - call your TA back right away and see if there is a choice of rooms. The longer you wait, the less a choice you have! Good luck!

Is it worth it to you?

How can anyone but you say what the value is for you?

Doen't matter if I think it's good.... it's your money and your vacation.

If you get caught up in trying to get a 'better deal', you could lose out entirely. If you wait, someone else probably will decide it is worth it to them.

Good luck.

Do you think if it is this early a better one would come along?

No, not necessarily.

I think it more likely someone else will say yes and by waiting to get it at even lower price, you could lose out on it.

You can act too slowly and you lose.

Thanks everyone for the input. Last cruise on the Noordam was a verandah on deck 4. I was not looking forward to an inside ocean view, but had made my peace with it. I think this is a good use of vacation dollars and am very happy with it. March 22 has been slow in coming. Now it will really drag! Wonder how long it will take to show up in the HA website so I can print my docs with the new cabin number.

Congrats!! I think you got a very good deal for the money.

When you sit out there on your crossing, you will see nothing but water all around. Can't imagine what that would be like, but hope to experience it some day.

Have a great cruise!!

It is fabulous:D:D and watching the birds come for the fish from nowhere is wonderful. There is nothing like watching those waves.

highly recommended - congrats to the op - that's a very nice upsell - enjoy your TA:)

It is a great deal but I don't know how much use of the balcony you will have. It will be cold out there but the fresh sea air is great. Enjoy.

We did this four years ago on the Oosterdam roughly the same time of year. It was warm and smooth as glass for most of the voyage. We were so happy to have a balcony! Soak up that sun and enjoy your trip! Great choice!:D

Archived