All Things Adventure of the Seas

Thank you about the hair dryer replies. I know it will be a battle with the humidity, I was just hoping to try it for dinner....but betting I will just be putting my hair up after the first try! :(

The hair dryers on board are the kind that you need to keep the button continuously depressed, so you may want to bring your own dryer, or a rubber band to hold the button down.

We were on Adventure in January and they were offering Pinnacle, D+, and D discounts on drink packages. At the time it was 40%, 30%, and 20% off respectively. Does anyone know if these discounts are still being offered?

We just booked drink packages in advance of our AOS cruise June 25th and they were offering 20% off.

I was wondering which way would give us more room in our cabin; keeping the 2 beds separate or putting them together to make one queen? Its just my teenage daughter and I, so it doesnt matter to us how we sleep.

I always travel with my mom and we get the beds separated, because of the cabins we had, each bed was against the wall and we had more room to move. And if they are not against the wall, if you get them apart, you can get out of your bed on both sides. It's practical when you get up in the middle of the night still half asleep ;)

Thank you about the hair dryer replies. I know it will be a battle with the humidity, I was just hoping to try it for dinner....but betting I will just be putting my hair up after the first try! :(

Mrs CruiseFan frequently has challenges drying her hair at home...but actually found the dryer on Adventure of the Seas to be just fine to use every day. No problems.

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, my family of four (2 adults, 16 and 15 yrs. old) will be on our first cruise at the of the month. I have most of the port related trips planned but wanted some secrets of the AOS from you experts. I know we may not be able to do everything but can you please let me know what should not be missed? Thank you so much.

Hello everyone, my family of four (2 adults, 16 and 15 yrs. old) will be on our first cruise at the of the month. I have most of the port related trips planned but wanted some secrets of the AOS from you experts. I know we may not be able to do everything but can you please let me know what should not be missed? Thank you so much.

Don't miss the ice show and the peek-a-boo bridge.

Also at night go to the Helipad. It is a little windy but the stars are incredible. To access this walk around outside deck 4 and when you get to the stairs forward go up to the bow of the ship.

Enjoy your cruise. We are really jealous. This is our favorite ship. We have sailed her 4 times and will be sailing her again after she comes out of drydock.

• 5 months later...
is this thread still going on? I'm back HOME on RCI and the Adventure after five years in the wilderness!

Looking forward to it!

Friends of ours Phyllis and Don are doing a B2B on AD with this being week #1....then they have a few days at home to join us on Harmony for a week.

This is a good thread, I figured I'd consolidate some of the dry dock info and new stuff on board to help out people searching for stuff.

Adventure OTS went through a dry-dock in late 2016 where several new features were added and the ship was refreshed. There was an issue with Hurricane Mathew and several of the shipping containers were damaged badly enough that some of the original plans had to be either scrapped or modified. Post dry-dock the Adventure OTS has:

A flowrider surfing simulator

Two water slides (weight limits are 220 & 260 lbs)

4 Coke Freestyle machines (2 in the windjammer, 2 in the Royal Promenade)

Chops Grill (scheduled to be opening March 2017)

Items that have not been completed as yet:

It appears that none of the cabins that were scheduled to be added have been added as of February 2017, and plans to add them are currently unknown.

Some, if not all, of the existing cabins were not updated, but I don't know how many were supposed to be updated, if any.

Anyone recently on have any more info or any corrections? I'm just listing what I've read on here, haven't been on board yet. (soon though...very soon :D )

Anyone recently on have any more info or any corrections? I'm just listing what I've read on here, haven't been on board yet. (soon though...very soon :D )

I saw a recent review with a few pics of the new 2 level miniature golf course. I think that is one thing that was supposed to be done in the drydock/reburbishment 2016, but got done a little later. I'll have pics come Mid May

I saw a recent review with a few pics of the new 2 level miniature golf course. I think that is one thing that was supposed to be done in the drydock/reburbishment 2016, but got done a little later. I'll have pics come Mid May

I knew I'd forgotten something.

dual level mini golf.

I knew I'd forgotten something.

dual level mini golf.

Just got off the ship on Saturday and she was beautiful as always! The dining room chairs are new and there is also new carpet in different places throughout the ship. The slides are so fun! I was too scared to try the Flow Rider. We had a wonderful time and already booked for next January. Hoping the rooms will be refreshed by then but there was absolutely nothing wrong with ours how it was :)

Just got off the ship on Saturday and she was beautiful as always! The dining room chairs are new and there is also new carpet in different places throughout the ship. The slides are so fun! I was too scared to try the Flow Rider. We had a wonderful time and already booked for next January. Hoping the rooms will be refreshed by then but there was absolutely nothing wrong with ours how it was :)

Great to hear!! What kind of room did you have?

Great to hear!! What kind of room did you have?

We have always done a balcony in the past but the price had jumped up last year (for 2017) so we decided to try a Promenade stateroom to save a little $$. We REALLY missed our balcony! But I can't complain. We were in the Caribbean after all! It was in a GREAT place though. First room off the aft elevators. So easy to get to many places! Booked a balcony next year :)