"Blending the Seabourne Days with the HAL Days"

SilvertoGold

I noticed on WCB's World Cruise thread, post # 281, that Mr Kruse "hinted that there is a discussion about possibly blending the Seabourne Days with the HAL Days".

Have I missed something here? Anyone know what this is about?

A several changes lately: the Hotel Manager's title is now Hotel Director, the Chief Officer is now the Staff Captain and a lot of cabin categories are being changed.

Given that Seabourne is selling ships to Windstar, is this all a preview of combining HAL with Seabourne in some way?

I noticed on WCB's World Cruise thread, post # 281, that Mr Kruse "hinted that there is a discussion about possibly blending the Seabourne Days with the HAL Days".

Have I missed something here? Anyone know what this is about?

A several changes lately: the Hotel Manager's title is now Hotel Director, the Chief Officer is now the Staff Captain and a lot of cabin categories are being changed.

Given that Seabourne is selling ships to Windstar, is this all a preview of combining HAL with Seabourne in some way?

I wasn't sure what to make of this - I know Seabourne plans on building another ship.

Maybe there is going to some kind of upscale service on some of the HAL ships? Maybe they will be moved into Seabourne? (although that doesn't seem right either).

The best thing I heard is that the Prinsendam will be around due to the money they have invested in her:)

Guessing won't do us any good - we'll just have to wait and see what transpires.;)

Seeing as Seabourn now shares top officers and offices on Elliott Avene, Seattle, is there any question there is blending already?

Seabourn May build a new ship but until the steel is actually cut....... :)

I have no way of predicting the future, but I suppose the HAL and Seabourn might merge their return cruiser programs. I remember that a few years ago there was a study (and many surveys) about merging the HAL and Princess programs, but that never happened. So perhaps this study will meet the same fate.

Seabourn and HAL are two companies sharing corporate leadership, much as was the case with HAL and Windstar for many years (before Windstar was sold off). In a similar fashion, Cunard, Princess, and the P&O brands have all been merged under the same corporate leads. If HAL and Seabourn merge repeat passenger programs, then perhaps the trip of Cunard, Princess, and the P&O brands will do the same with their programs.

As for new ships, it seems the general plan at Seabourn (or at least what they are saying publicly) is to maintain their total guest capacity but with fewer ships. Thus they have plans to replace multiple smaller ships with one larger one. HAL might (still just a guess) follow the same path with fewer ships but a larger average size. This could mean one new Pinnacle class ship is added for every two S-class or R-class ships removed from the fleet.

When Carnival owned Windstar, Windstar was part of the HAL organization. I have sailed extensively on Windstar prior to its sale. During that time Windstar had its own executives and customer relations staff in Seattle. The only similarity between the two lines was the Asian crew. Otherwise each line was distinctive with Windstar several cuts above HAL.

Interesting idea especially since we're considering trying Seabourn. I haven't looked at their loyalty program so not sure what, if any, benefits might be available from using our Mariner Society status. Typically that's not something we think about much as we don't think the Mariner Society benefits are all that great but then again they're better than nothing.

I've recently received Seabourn brochures with our HAL Mariner Numbers printed on the brochure.

Interesting. We get Seabourn brochures with a completely different set of membership numbers yet we've never sailed with Seabourn. I've actually logged into the Seabourn website using these numbers and they show we're members but with zero days sailed.

Interesting. We get Seabourn brochures with a completely different set of membership numbers yet we've never sailed with Seabourn. I've actually logged into the Seabourn website using these numbers and they show we're members but with zero days sailed.

I don't have a brochure with me at the moment, but will double check to make sure of what I posted. (My memory isn't as good as it used to be.) We have not sailed on Seabourn either.

I don't have a brochure with me at the moment, but will double check to make sure of what I posted. (My memory isn't as good as it used to be.) We have not sailed on Seabourn either.

It could be that to get Seabourn brochures, emails, etc., we had to somehow register with them and they assigned us a membership number. It's been a few years, like four or so, since we started considering Seabourn so they may now be merging or using Mariner Society numbers.

It could be that to get Seabourn brochures, emails, etc., we had to somehow register with them and they assigned us a membership number. It's been a few years, like four or so, since we started considering Seabourn so they may now be merging or using Mariner Society numbers.

Thank you - I've edited my first post until I can check a brochure to be sure.

Surely both Seabourne and HAL are already in the Carnival Group?

Yes they are but the various lines have always kept their membership programs separate. For instance, to this day we don't get direct mailings from Princess and Carnival which are part of the larger umbrella Carnival. We've never sailed with either and have never registered with either line on line.

I doubt that HAL cruising would get us into the Seabourn affinity program on a point for point basis. One can cruise on HAL for under $500 for a weeks cruise. Seabourn charges slightly more.

I would think that a merger of loyalty credits would make it a bit more attractive for some HAL customers to sample a more upscale product. There have been many threads about things we don't get anymore on HAL or what we miss from the past so perhaps this will help entice some HAL customers to pay more to get those missing items/services plus more besides. We have 13 days on Seabourn so we've been on their mailing list for several years.

I doubt that HAL cruising would get us into the Seabourn affinity program on a point for point basis. One can cruise on HAL for under $500 for a weeks cruise. Seabourn charges slightly more.

Indeed, "slighty" more.

There is no way Seabourne is going to give out free cruises to HAL pax, so as far as the pricing goes for a huge, and I mean, HUGE amount more per diem, we would get complimentary booze, internet; a massage, newspaper, 15% off shorex and 25% off premium wine.

Hmmmm... I think not, but it is a nice idea, if this is what is planned.

Thanks for the edifying replies to this thread!

The systems of these two lines are already merged, so can see a bit more blending to reduce the costbase in Seattle.

An example of their systems being merged: When we checked in for our recent Seabourn cruise, they had our photos in the computer system already for our ship cards. They were photos that had been taking on a HAL cruise. We were given the choice to keep those, or have new ones taken.

:D:D:D

The systems of these two lines are already merged, so can see a bit more blending to reduce the costbase in Seattle.

An example of their systems being merged: When we checked in for our recent Seabourn cruise, they had our photos in the computer system already for our ship cards. They were photos that had been taking on a HAL cruise. We were given the choice to keep those, or have new ones taken.

:D:D:D

Amazing!

Some HAL cruisers pay $500 /pp day on some itineraries.

Maybe those days might be accepted by Seabourn? :D

Archived