New to Celebrity - Pizza, Grill, and Ice Cream question

dansu

This is our 6th cruise; however, our 1st Celebrity cruise. We enjoy spending our days taking the sun, so we don't venture far from our deck chairs during the day. Does the Equinox have the food venues on the pool deck...such as a grill serving burgers, a pizza stand, and/or an ice cream bar?

Thanks

Suzi

This is our 6th cruise; however, our 1st Celebrity cruise. We enjoy spending our days taking the sun, so we don't venture far from our deck chairs during the day. Does the Equinox have the food venues on the pool deck...such as a grill serving burgers, a pizza stand, and/or an ice cream bar?

Thanks

Suzi

Yes - But a note from my Sister-In-Law, next to where the icecreams (are served (Inside) are dispensers for free "M&M's", Jellybeans, Mixtures etc - Just grab a bowl. You will love Celebrity!

Thanks

Suzi

The Mast Grill (which has burgers, fries and other snack foods) is actually up one level from the pools, but there's an outdoor staircase that makes it very convenient. Pizza and ice cream are located in the buffet, which is also one level up from the pools. At certain times of the day, you can also get food in the Aqua Spa cafe, which is on the same level as the pools - I believe they have a soft serve ice cream machine, as well as some healthier treats (macerated fruits, grilled meats, salads, etc.).

Thanks for answering so quickly.

Is the pizza a buffet item, or is it a pizza service area inside the buffet area? and is the pizza decent? I know on Princess the pizza was really good, on Carnival not so good!

Suzi

The Mast Grill (which has burgers, fries and other snack foods) is actually up one level from the pools, but there's an outdoor staircase that makes it very convenient. Pizza and ice cream are located in the buffet, which is also one level up from the pools. At certain times of the day, you can also get food in the Aqua Spa cafe, which is on the same level as the pools - I believe they have a soft serve ice cream machine, as well as some healthier treats (macerated fruits, grilled meats, salads, etc.).

Many thanks - I forgot about this apect - In the Spa it is Frozen Yogurt

Is the pizza a buffet item, or is it a pizza service area inside the buffet area? and is the pizza decent? I know on Princess the pizza was really good, on Carnival not so good!

Suzi

The pizza area is a section in the buffet area.

Only you can answer if the pizza is good.....my tastes and yours may or may not be the same.

Suzi

We were VERY disappointed by the pizza on Celebrity. We live in NYC, so we're well accustomed to NY-style slices, but we like all styles of pizza and will even eat Papa John's and Pizza Hut. However, neither of us could choke down what they were serving on Celebrity. It was flavorless, with weirdly cottony crust and skimpy, low-quality toppings. It was a huge bummer for my husband especially, as he LOVES pizza but doesn't indulge as much as he would like when we're not on vacation.

We were VERY disappointed by the pizza on Celebrity. We live in NYC, so we're well accustomed to NY-style slices, but we like all styles of pizza and will even eat Papa John's and Pizza Hut. However, neither of us could choke down what they were serving on Celebrity. It was flavorless, with weirdly cottony crust and skimpy, low-quality toppings. It was a huge bummer for my husband especially, as he LOVES pizza but doesn't indulge as much as he would like when we're not on vacation.

Thats funny. I too am from the NYC area and know good pizza. I can't eat Papa Johns (gross) but I am able to eat Celebrity's pizza LOL.

Guess it really is subjective :-)

It's FAR better than the pizza they serve on HAL. I couldn't eat that more than once.

Personally I have not tried the pizza (only garlic bread) but on my Equinox cruise this station was always busy.

The buffet though has a great variety of food and standard is high for a buffet. They serve lovely curries and lots of salad items.

Best time is when they have just opened stations again after refilling and there will be something new every day. They also have standard food like fish and chips, kid meals etc. The sushi is also very popular.

The buffet stations are not open all the time, as there is only a limited choice of food in the evening or late at night.

Suzi

Greetings

We weren't crazy about the Celebrity pizza. It was not terrible, but there were much better items to spend your calorie allotment on :) (such as the home made ice creams). We have sailed on Princess many times, and they do have a decent pie, especially when you get a slice of one straight out of the oven.

Good Sailing

Tom

Also from the NJ/NY area and we find the pizza pretty good for buffet pizza. Depends on what you like. I think some things must just taste better at sea! They usually have a nice selection of toppings and some extra toppings to throw on in front of the area. We also like to just pick up some of the olives and have them along with some other appetizers.

Also from the NJ/NY area and we find the pizza pretty good for buffet pizza. Depends on what you like. I think some things must just taste better at sea! They usually have a nice selection of toppings and some extra toppings to throw on in front of the area. We also like to just pick up some of the olives and have them along with some other appetizers.

Based on the amount of food I eat on cruises, I think EVERYTHING tastes better at sea! :D

IMO Princess has better pizza, but I had a slice or two on my last 2 Celebrity cruises and it was okay. There were so many other delicious options, though!

Pizza on Princess is more pizza-like. Celebrity crust has a bit of a cardboard texture. Having said that, that's one of the very few things we like on Princess.

Hope you enjoy your first Celebrity cruise.

Amazed by the furor over who has the best pizza, but I might eat a slice once on a cruise of 7 days.

I believe the X Pizza section runs late into the night after the buffet closes, the crew access it in the early hours.

I am pretty sure the pizza shuts down on Princess after dinner as it was not open when we went up to watch MUTs in Oct.

I crave for potato chips when at sea, those are usually hard too find. Sometimes found at the sandwich section in the buffet.

I got caught by the wife ordering a sandwich through room service one day just to get the chips that came with it and tossing the sandwich.

She pulled a Jack Nicholson and called room service the next day and ordered the same sandwich. She asked if they could put extra chips on the plate which they agreed to, then she asked if they would not bring the sandwich which they agreed to laughingly. I tipped handsomely when my chips minus sandwich arrived.

Last cruise on RCI small bags of chips could be ordered through room service, our friends found out and ordered 10 bags and next day they were no longer available.

Any tips on how to get chips while on board? Booked on a 35 day B2B in the fall and will be craving.

Pizza on Princess is more pizza-like. Celebrity crust has a bit of a cardboard texture. Having said that, that's one of the very few things we like on Princess.

Hope you enjoy your first Celebrity cruise.

I agree with this statement. While pizza is pizza and it makes a great afternoon snack, I've had much better on other lines. However, Celebrity makes up for in just about every other area.

Amazed by the furor over who has the best pizza, but I might eat a slice once on a cruise of 7 days.

I believe the X Pizza section runs late into the night after the buffet closes, the crew access it in the early hours.

I am pretty sure the pizza shuts down on Princess after dinner as it was not open when we went up to watch MUTs in Oct.

I crave for potato chips when at sea, those are usually hard too find. Sometimes found at the sandwich section in the buffet.

I got caught by the wife ordering a sandwich through room service one day just to get the chips that came with it and tossing the sandwich.

She pulled a Jack Nicholson and called room service the next day and ordered the same sandwich. She asked if they could put extra chips on the plate which they agreed to, then she asked if they would not bring the sandwich which they agreed to laughingly. I tipped handsomely when my chips minus sandwich arrived.

Last cruise on RCI small bags of chips could be ordered through room service, our friends found out and ordered 10 bags and next day they were no longer available.

Any tips on how to get chips while on board? Booked on a 35 day B2B in the fall and will be craving.

Bring them with you

We were just on Celebrity. Princess has better pizza. Celebrity had a specialty pizza everyday, ham,chicken,margherita. Thats about it. I always added some pasta toppings to my veggie slice, from the pasta bar. Sundried tomatoes & mushrooms!

Bring them with you

Chips take up a lot of space and don't pack well. They are a little fragile to stuff in a suit case.

I do like to find and try local brands when in foriegn ports. Spain has some very good brands. South America has very interesting flavors, some best avoided. Britain has the best.

Maybe I should start a thread on acquiring chips at sea!

Thats funny. I too am from the NYC area and know good pizza. I can't eat Papa Johns (gross) but I am able to eat Celebrity's pizza LOL.

Guess it really is subjective :-)

It's FAR better than the pizza they serve on HAL. I couldn't eat that more than once.

I couldn't agree more! I thought the pizza on HAL was just plain awful. I couldn't even finish eating it. Celebrity serves a decent, edible pizza. :D

Suzi

Unfortunately the Pizzas on Celebrity are nothing like those on Princess. Same applies for the burgers. I would happily queue and wait for a fresh hot burger on Princess but Celebrity just cook them in batches and then store them in a big drawer where they become luke warm.

Archived