Need to re-register for meet and mingle party.

shoreham01

This has been posted on another thread, but I thought I would re-post information with a more eye catching title. Hope mods don't mind.

Anyway, you need to re-register for meet and mingle party as Celebrity seem to have messed up their computers yet again, this time they have managed to erase all meet and mingle party information.

Please post this information on your roll call.

We are on Eclipse 6th July but no doubt they have wiped other dates too.

This has been posted on another thread, but I thought I would re-post information with a more eye catching title. Hope mods don't mind.

Anyway, you need to re-register for meet and mingle party as Celebrity seem to have messed up their computers yet again, this time they have managed to erase all meet and mingle party information.

Please post this information on your roll call.

We are on Eclipse 6th July but no doubt they have wiped other dates too.

Ugh !! Not Again:o

Do you think the lists will return - and is it not worth re-joining just to have it erased again (and again)?

I checked our January Eclipse sailing and they had disappeared but didn't check the October one.

I wonder if this is why there were a number of people on our last cruise who didn't get invited to the Connections party - they signed up, the files were erased and they didn't realize.

Beth

I just signed up for almost 20 cabins / sailings over the next year. I hope I do not have to redo all of that. How does one check this "list" to see if we are still on it? Is it here on CC or on the Celebrity web site?

Thanks.

As Celebrity monitor these boards, hopefully they will let us know in due course whether we need to re-register - perhaps they have not figured out how to fix the glitch yet!;)

A poster on another thread said it only affects sailings from June 2013 onwards, so there will be plenty of time to sort it out.

sailing on Oct/8 cruise with Celebrity and we had 70 joined on March /11 now we have 2 and I tried to join again and I am told "only purchased booking can registar cruise critic party"

also I get a note from Celebrity welcome yesterday and to book my specialty dinings , well that did not work either , said I had a purchase to pay for , I will be calling my TA tomorrolw to see what the heck is going on then I will call Celebrity myself, I am at the point to cancell this cruise, this has been going on for 4 months and I booked in August/2012:confused:

It appears that everything after April went 'poof' :eek: Prior is still okie dokie :)

Our sailing date is end of April and we are still there - 119 signed up so far. I have the feeling you are correct about the cut off and I wouldn't doubt that it has to do with final pay date passing. Many cruisers probably cancel out before the final pay date. If they've already signed up for the Connections Party then that skews the total number.

Probably, it would be better for Celebrity to not open up the Connections Party registry until the final pay date for every one is past. There has to be 25 signed up for a party to take place. Last year on our Alaska cruise we only had barely the quota and I wouldn't doubt if some of those didn't show - maybe because they ended up not going on the cruise. We didn't go to the party even though we wanted to because the galley tour was the exact same time. That was our first cruise and we really wanted to go to the galley tour and I'm glad we did.

It appears that everything after April went 'poof' :eek: Prior is still okie dokie :)

Some of the May sailings are still good, for example May 11 Eclipse has 38 people registered. May 5 and May 20 Constellation have 140 & 139 people registered.

So far what I think I see is that all June 2013 sailings and beyond went "poof". Looks like everything up to and including April 2013 are OK. May is hit and miss.

In the Azamara board, the company blogging officer has explained it's an IT glitch across the three brands but they are working on a restore so I would do nothing for the time being

We have been told by X that we cannot register for the party until final payment has been made. Ergo we only have 4 signed for the 11/6/14 Hawaii. This is new as to us we have always signed early in the past. Then after signing up online, I revisited the online signup to request bag tags and found that much vital info is missing. But I have the express pass therefore I see no need to reenter.

As Celebrity monitor these boards, hopefully they will let us know in due course whether we need to re-register - perhaps they have not figured out how to fix the glitch yet!;)

A poster on another thread said it only affects sailings from June 2013 onwards, so there will be plenty of time to sort it out.

Not so, our May 24 cruise was wiped out as well. Do not depend on Celebrity to fix this or to notify anyone. If you want to have a party, go and re-register. That's what our roll call has done. Yes, it's a pain. It would be a bigger pain not to have the party.

Hi Everyone,

As I reported in the other thread, I've passed along the information to our Community Manager, and she is aware of the issue. It's also reported to Celebrity.

As to whether you should re-register or not, I'd highly recommened holding off on that - especially if your sailing is not in the near term.

I'm sure our Community Manager will post an update when we have further details. Thanks for your patience !

We have identified a coding issue related to the Celebrity Connections parties on the website. We are working to get things reinstated shortly, so please stay tuned. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, hello, there is someone there.

Thanks for the message - now that we have got you can we have an answer re our questions about the 1,2,3 offer and UK passengers ---;):D:)

Archived