Carnival Shareholder Report OBC

Pythian

We just received our Carnival Shareholder Reports today – and, as hoped (usual), “we love you Carnival Corp!”. Our OBC’s are renewed for another year at the same rate as the last few years. Yeay!!!!!!! Thanks Carnival – that is yet another reason we both own stock and cruise with Princess --- and our big brother Carnival. Thanks! Really!

Dan

We just received our Carnival Shareholder Reports today – and, as hoped (usual), “we love you Carnival Corp!”. Our OBC’s are renewed for another year at the same rate as the last few years. Yeay!!!!!!! Thanks Carnival – that is yet another reason we both own stock and cruise with Princess --- and our big brother Carnival. Thanks! Really!

Dan

Thanks for the update.

I had forgotten that they would be renewing it about now

Sorry OP, misunderstood your post. Thought you'd requested one:o.

Ha! Indeed so -- but this is good news for another year.... and good to know too! right? Send yours in - i'ts good - for sure.

Ha! I might have been mistaken not to say "renewed" in the post... I'd expect a "lot" (more) of us would be (really) interested in an extended Stock OBC....... Such is the life of a 'newbie' CC poster -- If I were "Pam", over 2,000 would have already viewed, commented. Plus side..., yes, I read everything Pam posts...along with a few other mega posters, as they do indeed know 'what's up' --- not that I'm -- you know -- ah,,,, "praising" or "bowing" or something..... gee....

Is there a minimum amount of shares needed for the OBC?

One hundred shares is the minimum. You don't get anything extra for owning 200. (well, you'd get extra dividends each quarter)

I have 101.

Can it be purchased after the initial deposit has been make on the cruise booking?

Yes, definitely.

Is that CCL North America? I noticed several different ones.

I see it only as CCL. I'd assume CCL North America would be the one - what are the other ones you see?

The document stating the benefit says 100 shares of "Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc" makes one elegible.

/quote]

A while ago I owned carnival. It was up quite a bit, so I sold with

a $1000 profit.

I now own it, and my paper-profits are about $100 after 2.5 years.

If it were not for the shipboard credit, it would be a pretty poor

investment.

For the past year, CCL has managed to have one

bad news story after another. I find it hard to say "Thanks, Carnival".

I think the only one really saying "Thanks, Carnival" is Jay Leno

who seems to get dozens of free punch lines.

I have a cruise in April. I think I will dump the stock after I get

credit for that. And then, trade in/out as needed for the OBC.

/quote]

A while ago I owned carnival. It was up quite a bit, so I sold with

a $1000 profit.

I now own it, and my paper-profits are about $100 after 2.5 years.

If it were not for the shipboard credit, it would be a pretty poor

investment.

For the past year, CCL has managed to have one

bad news story after another. I find it hard to say "Thanks, Carnival".

I think the only one really saying "Thanks, Carnival" is Jay Leno

who seems to get dozens of free punch lines.

I have a cruise in April. I think I will dump the stock after I get

credit for that. And then, trade in/out as needed for the OBC.

Thanks so much! I looked it up and did the math! Not worth it for what I would get in return.... But, thought I'd check out the details! There are a lot of OBC offered from other sources. We had one on our last cruise for $600 by using AMEX. So, I guess we just have to be creative! Thanks again for your help.

It all depends on why you have the stock. I got $550 last year in OBC's and I've got another $250 next month on a TA. Overall, it's a darn good dividend if you cruise any of the CCL lines (I prefer Princess). On value, I bought mine at about $18 - and own some extra, so it has a nice little profit built up. Other than that - if you like the cruise line, and use the OBC to have a bit of extra fun on Princess (or whomever) then - I'd suggest you buy some. My son (25) just sailed on his 5th Princess Cruise, and my daughter (30) is sailing with us on our upcoming TA for her 5th. I'll buy both 100 shares for the future. Also, another reason to like CCL is the military OBS - which my DW, myself and my daughter all get - and that is voted by the CCL stock too. So, my point? If you like sailing with Princess or other Carnival lines, then buy 100 shares or more (no, I'm absolutely not an employee) and enjoy the benefits while supporting the company brands. Just my 2 cents.

Dan

Dan

I am confused! You say "our onboard credits are renewed for another year" what does that mean? I just purchased 100 shares today and thought all I had to do was tell my TA to get the onboard credit. Do I have to get renewed? How often? Whole thing is new to me, guess I don't know what I am supposed to do. Can you help? :o

so I bought 100 share of RCL stock.

My next cruise was on Princess, but all stocks had tanked, so I left my RCL stock sit....pretty sure I sailed my first Princess without shareholder credit...

THEN the stock rebounded, sold it, made a profit......few hundred dollars...and bought my 100 shares of CCL,

It is up to 108.5 shares because I reinvest the dividends....

Got 100$ last summer...about 30$ or so for the 4 day Sandy Cruise in October....

100$ for this July on Royal....and 200$ from prior years....

430$$ tax free and the stock is worth more than when I bought it....

and I can easily sell it if I need the cash...oh wait- I also got a bonus thru Costco for opening a sharebuilder account from sharebuilder....like 65$....

So spending the $$ is not for everyone...but it sure has worked for me cause my husband and I love to cruise!

Bernadette

I am confused! You say "our onboard credits are renewed for another year" what does that mean?

There is no renewal....just that posters exhuberance speaking:):D. I think he meant that the offer has been extended again, as it has for at least the last 10 years.

If you own the requisite 100 shares(or more), you send a copy of your brokerage statement, your cruise information, etc. to the cruise line you are using (Princess). They process your request and add the OBC to your booking. You have to fax or use surface mail to submit your request. (no email)

There is a form that some CC people have that is pretty handy, but it isn't necessary.

You will find out the address for your submittal on the 'shareholder credit' link on http://www.carnivalcorp.com.

The shareholder credit is in addition to any other OBC you might have from other sources.

Shareholders with 100 shares get $100/year in dividends plus any OBC.

So $100 dividend and $100 OBC make for a 6% return on a $3000. investment.

Between our OBC and dividends we had a return of more than 10% in 2012.

The shareholder credit is in addition to any other OBC you might have from other sources.

Shareholders with 100 shares get $100/year in dividends plus any OBC.

So $100 dividend and $100 OBC make for a 6% return on a $3000. investment.

Between our OBC and dividends we had a return of more than 10% in 2012.

Bernadette -- yes, as noted above... and the return --- if you cruise with Princess or the covered lines --- more than adds up. And if you do 1 or 2 14 day or more, it is a huge dividend,,,,,, You don't need to 're-invest' as the original 100 shares are good as long as the yearly (yearly, again, just published) returns authorize them (stockholders authorize them!) . 10 years plus now,,, and the Military OBC too. I support Princess and CCL (if the stock increases or not) because I like the 'brand' and I love Princess.... and they are year over year good to thier stockholders and multiple country military members.... If I needed to purchase more,,,, I would, but, bottom-line: the return on investment and the promotion of Princess is something I've comfortable with -- and Thanks Carnival... and Princess -- for such a nice 'reward' for being a fan.....(yes, I am a fan...)

You say "our onboard credits are renewed for another year" what does that mean?

The stockholder OBC is currently offered for bookings made by February 28, 2014 that sail by July 31, 2014.

Next March (2014) it will probably be renewed so it will be for bookings made by February 28, 2015 that sail by July 31, 2015.

Just remembered I got 100$ from a Carnival cruise....so 530$

and if I had booked the 14 days I was considering...would have gotten a nice boost....

It does add up...

The only way a husband wife could each use a shareholder credit is if they are traveling with two other people...and were listed on seperate cabins...and had seperate shareholder accounts as each the owner, different names..

which I could have done when we took our adult kids on the CB for 9 days.

Decided it was only a one time possibility- so we didn't bother.

My youngest got the military OBC, so that was an added bonus for that trip.

Bernadette

Ok, thanks:o I read up on what you get & how to get it but never heard anything about a renewal. Thanks again:)

Yes, renewal was not as clear as it should have been. It's really an extension of the benifit that is included in the shareholder documents each year. There is always the posiblity they will not extend the benifit, so it's not a given until you see it in writing.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Is it a predetermined amount for the OBC based on the number of cruise days? What would the amount be on a 14 day cruise? Can you get the same benefit on all of the lines listed under the Carnival umbrella?

Yes, there is a set OBC based on the length of the cruise.

Less than 7 days = $50

7 to 13 days = 100

14 or more days = 250.

Only one per cabin.

It does apply to all cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation.

Archived