Carnival Shareholder Report OBC

Pythian

I have a question that I don't think has been addressed here, but if I missed it, I apologize in advance! My DH & I have a joint tenancy brokerage account, so we own our stocks jointly and both of our names are on any statements we receive. If we purchase CCL stock into that account, and then we are each separately booked into two different staterooms on the same cruise, would each room be eligible for the OBC? We have to book that way due to our children, and the fine print I've seen so far on terms & conditions indicates the credit is per cabin. Any thoughts?

I have a question that I don't think has been addressed here, but if I missed it, I apologize in advance! My DH & I have a joint tenancy brokerage account, so we own our stocks jointly and both of our names are on any statements we receive. If we purchase CCL stock into that account, and then we are each separately booked into two different staterooms on the same cruise, would each room be eligible for the OBC? We have to book that way due to our children, and the fine print I've seen so far on terms & conditions indicates the credit is per cabin. Any thoughts?

I would guess that you wouldn't get the credit for two cabins especially if you only had 100 shares of stock. I would think a better idea would be to open another account (in joint tenancy) and buy another 100 shares of stock. Now you have two account numbers with stock. Now one of you can use one account for one cabin and the other can use the second account for the other cabin. Clean, simple and legitimate.

BTW, you might want to call Princess and ask them......

• 1 month later...

The CCL stock purchase has been a great deal for us. While I regret not buying in 2008 (almost did!) we bought right after the Concordia sank when CCL stock dipped.

Since then we have received more than $1000 dollars in OBCs, will receive at least $500 in 2014 on two cruises, and we have some dividends and increase in stock value.

While we have sailed most of the lines, Princess is our favourite because of the International cafe, Alfredo's and free Internet for Platinum.

We were thinking of RCCL stock as well, but they do not allow other OBCs if you use stockholder OBCs.

When one sends in the required documentation to prove ownership of the 100 shares of CCL, do you blank out your account number? I am not comfortable sending my account number to anyone.

My report only shows the last 4 numbers of my account number so I don't worry. I would never show the whole number but would make sure part of the number shows as mine does so Princess doesn't get suspicious. And make sure that you have something that shows your name as the account holder so you don't have the problem that I did.

I called this morning and I finally got my credit.

Tom:)

When one sends in the required documentation to prove ownership of the 100 shares of CCL, do you blank out your account number? I am not comfortable sending my account number to anyone.

Yes, directions on the form say to cross out your brokerage account number.

My report only shows the last 4 numbers of my account number so I don't worry. I would never show the whole number but would make sure part of the number shows as mine does so Princess doesn't get suspicious. And make sure that you have something that shows your name as the account holder so you don't have the problem that I did.

I called this morning and I finally got my credit.

No way. I black out my account number. They don't have any need for that info.

Faxed my request last Wednesday at 10AM ... it was reflected on my Personalizer by mid-afternoon same-day.

I think I may resend mine. I faxed it in over a week ago and got a confirmation that the fax went through. Still nothing on Cruise Personalizer.

From my experience if you call them with the date, time & phone number that you used for the fax it will be applied to your account right away. FYI...When I faxed in my papers 2 days ago they would not accept them without something with my name on it that showed that I was the holder of the stock.

This thread was very helpful for getting the OBC applied. I purchased stock this morning and sail tomorrow. I faxed the executed order form which has my name on it with the cruise confirmation number, sail date, and ship name. Followed it up with a call a bit later where they applied the credit within about 2 minutes of me identifying what time I sent the fax.

They followed it up with an immediate confirmation email showing my booking with the credit, which was greatly appreciated since I don't have access to the full cruise personalizer this close to the sail date. It was a very painless process.

For those on the 3 or 4 day Coastal's

how much credit do you get for your 100 shares?

Thanks!!

Ann

Ann:

Here's what you can get. It is based on length of cruise.

Less than 7 days = $50

7-13 days = $100

14 or more days = $250

Wow... Thanks to everyone who posted questions, answers and general information to this thread. I started it way back in March when the stock OBC was renewed by Carnival, and here it is, mid Oct and over 13,000 views and a couple hundred posts.

This is, and remains, a super OBC and it give each of us partial ownership in our cruise line. Sure, it's a 'minor' stake, but the dividends - both yearly and each cruise - really pay off.

Again - thanks for the interest and I sure hope many of those reading found value in all the posts.

Dan

Archived