Carnival Shareholder Report OBC

Pythian

How far in advance do you have to have the shares purchased? I currently have 50 shares.

Tom:)

The shareholder benefit request form states "applications to receive this benefit must be made no later than 14 days prior to the cruise departure date".

However, it is still possible closer to departure, but better to apply earlier to allow for delays.

You need to own 100 shares early enough to get an acceptable proof of ownership and submit it to the cruise line in time for them to process it. Processing usually take about 2 weeks. I would recommend sending it as soon as final payment is made, if possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your info. I have my stocks! Bought several weeks ago at a good price and following the progress. It's fun to follow! I read an article from The Motley Fool, the stock was listed as a good buy! The comparisons between NCL, RCCL & CCL were interesting... Glad I have the CCL! Looking forward to collecting the OBC!

Thanks for all your info. I have my stocks! Bought several weeks ago at a good price and following the progress. It's fun to follow! I read an article from The Motley Fool, the stock was listed as a good buy! The comparisons between NCL, RCCL & CCL were interesting... Glad I have the CCL! Looking forward to collecting the OBC!

Keep in mind that if you are a regular cruiser on one or more of the Carnival Corp lines, the price is not of much importance. I am holding the stock if the price goes up and if the price goes down. I am in it for the OBC

Keep in mind that if you are a regular cruiser on one or more of the Carnival Corp lines, the price is not of much importance. I am holding the stock if the price goes up and if the price goes down. I am in it for the OBC

Same here !!! Ignore the self appointed 'Experts" who say you shouldn't buy for that reason. It has been great for me !!!:D

That is true if you are using the Future Cruise Credit that you can purchase on board. $100 will apply to your deposit and $100 will apply to OBC. So your money doubles.

This is not quite the case. The amount of OBC credited to your account from the purchase of a FCC varies depending on the length of the cruise and whether or not it is an inside or outside cabin.

Here's a quote pulled from one of our FCC acknowledgement letters:

This letter confirms that we have received payment for deposit in the amount of 100.00 USD towards a future cruise with Princess.

When you have decided on your next cruise, please contact your travel agent to arrange your booking. Your travel agent will assist you with final payment schedule, and any questions, additions or changes you might have regarding your cruise. You may also contact Princess directly by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. Upon making your full deposit towards your booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.*

Future Cruise Length Shipboard Credit*

7 - 9 Days $25 per person for Inside Categories, $50 per person for Outside

10 - 15 Days $75 per person for Inside Categories, $100 per person for Outside

16 + Days $125 per person for Inside Categories, $150 per person for Outside

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I have never bought stock.

Does one have to be a U.S. citizen to buy CCl stock - I am Canadian.

Also, what costs are involved in the purchase?

The OBC amounts depend on the currency that is in use on a particular ship/sailing. If you are on a P&O cruise out of Australia, the amount is given in Australian dollars, but if a UK P&O cruise, it is in GBP.

Carnival's shareholder website lists the amounts, currencies, length of cruise, etc.

The shareholder OBC is a wonderful program. We bought in 2009 and by the end of last year had recouped our entire investment in OBC. Plus we have the dividends and the stock has gone up. We also will not be selling as long as we are cruising.

Same for us. Just last year alone, we received $750 in stockholder OBC. We won't sell it until we retire from cruising, which I hope will be a long, long time away.

Same for us. Just last year alone, we received $750 in stockholder OBC. We won't sell it until we retire from cruising, which I hope will be a long, long time away.

Yes, hopefully we will have the stock for a long, long time. Happy Cruising

Let me get this right. So if I get a $50 OBC that was listed on a sale and my TA gives me a $50 OBC because they have a group of rooms booked and I get an OBC due to my FCC for $100.00 Would I actually get another OBC on top of all these just for owning 100 CCL shares?:confused:

Let me get this right. So if I get a $50 OBC that was listed on a sale and my TA gives me a $50 OBC because they have a group of rooms booked and I get an OBC due to my FCC for $100.00 Would I actually get another OBC on top of all these just for owning 100 CCL shares?:confused:

Yes. You would get another $100 OBC for a 7-day cruise. Are you a veteran? You also get OBC if you are a qualified veteran.

My husband and I are both veterans, we own Carnival stock, we always get FCC and Premier OBC, plus whatever we get from sales or from our TA. It all adds up. When we look at the OBC, plus the free internet, laundry and mini-bar, it makes it very difficult for us to consider any other cruise line.

On Princess, you can get the following on a cruise. They are all combinable:

FCC (per person)

Shareholder (per cabin)

Military (each eligible person)

Loyalty (per cabin)

Anything you can get out of your TA

Anything you can get out of Princess

On Princess, you can get the following on a cruise. They are all combinable:

FCC (per person)

Shareholder (per cabin)

Military (each eligible person)

Loyalty (per cabin)

Anything you can get out of your TA

Anything you can get out of Princess

Indeed so. My DW and I just got back from a 14 day Trans-Atlantic, and recieved $250 Stock OBC, $500 Military OBC (I'm retired, she is a vet), $200 FCC, and $60 Loyalty. And, our TA gave us 2 bottles of wine. So, $1,010 for the cruise. We gave it all back to them (Chefs Table, Thermal Suite, a couple tours & some more dinner wine) and a bit more as a thank you. It was our 15 Princess cruise, and the stock & Mil OBC is a great additional reason to be loyal.

The stocks yearly OBC alone is reason to own 100 shares. I'm not thinking aobut selling mine either.

Princess gives a Loyalty OBC to any cabin with a passenger with over 20 past Princess cruise credits. If you have 21 ro 31 credits, the OBC is $25. 32 to 41 it is $50, 42 to 51 it is $75 and 52 or more it is $100. Only one award per cabin.

Bernadette -- yes, as noted above... and the return --- if you cruise with Princess or the covered lines --- more than adds up. And if you do 1 or 2 14 day or more, it is a huge dividend,,,,,, You don't need to 're-invest' as the original 100 shares are good as long as the yearly (yearly, again, just published) returns authorize them (stockholders authorize them!) . 10 years plus now,,, and the Military OBC too. I support Princess and CCL (if the stock increases or not) because I like the 'brand' and I love Princess.... and they are year over year good to thier stockholders and multiple country military members.... If I needed to purchase more,,,, I would, but, bottom-line: the return on investment and the promotion of Princess is something I've comfortable with -- and Thanks Carnival... and Princess -- for such a nice 'reward' for being a fan.....(yes, I am a fan...)

I love it. I bought 100 shares before my last cruise. The cruise was 15 days SF to Hawaii. I got an immediate "dividend" of $250 in the form of OBC. I considered it an excellent return.

I love it. I bought 100 shares before my last cruise. The cruise was 15 days SF to Hawaii. I got an immediate "dividend" of $250 in the form of OBC. I considered it an excellent return.

It is a great deal for those of us that cruise often

Princess gives a Loyalty OBC to any cabin with a passenger with over 20 past Princess cruise credits. If you have 21 ro 31 credits, the OBC is $25. 32 to 41 it is $50, 42 to 51 it is $75 and 52 or more it is $100. Only one award per cabin.

So true. We are going to Alaska this summer with first-time cruisers and were tempted to switch partners for the cruise so we would get two free mini-bars, two loyalty awards, etc., but after 40+ years of marriage, we decided it would be too complicated. :p

So true. We are going to Alaska this summer with first-time cruisers and were tempted to switch partners for the cruise so we would get two free mini-bars, two loyalty awards, etc., but after 40+ years of marriage, we decided it would be too complicated. :p

Change is good!! :)

Ok, I'm late coming to the party. We leave on our B2B cruises (16 day and 14day) in 3 weeks from tomorrow. I'm realizing that is $500 of OBC on the table. Is there realistically time enough to purchase the stock and apply for the credit? I thought I read that the application has to be in at least 2 weeks beforehand. We don't normally purchase individual stocks and am not sure where to start.

Sure. You can open a brokerage account and buy 100 shares of Carnival Corp today. You could then see the confirmation online Monday. Fax it to Princess Monday.

Since you are only looking at one trade and $500 in OBC, I would just go to your bank and ask them. The other choice would be an online broker like Etrade. They will be cheaper than your bank, but will probably not be as helpful when you are doing your trade.

Archived