Carnival Shareholder Report OBC

Pythian

Yes, there is a set OBC based on the length of the cruise.

Less than 7 days = $50

7 to 13 days = 100

14 or more days = 250.

Only one per cabin.

It does apply to all cruise lines owned by Carnival Corporation.

Thanks, Paul... I may have to reconsider it! Do you buy from your broker or directly from Carnival? There are several. I assume it's the one listed 'CCL'.

I don't think Carnival Corp offers a direct purchase program. So you would go thru a broker. Probably best to go with one of the discount online firms. Commision with them is about $10 or less per trade. You would need 100 shares.

Correct me if I'm wrong people but I'm pretty sure that you get $100 OBC no matter how many days the cruise is or what type of cabin you are in.

Various amounts of OBC is for buying a Future Cruise Credit and the length of the cruise on cabin type.

Correct me if I'm wrong people but I'm pretty sure that you get $100 OBC no matter how many days the cruise is or what type of cabin you are in.

Various amounts of OBC is for buying a Future Cruise Credit and the length of the cruise on cabin type.

I will accept your invitation to correct you. The shareholder (and military) OBC is:

Cruise less than 7 days = $50

7 to 13 days = 100

14 or more days = 250

That is true if you are using the Future Cruise Credit that you can purchase on board. $100 will apply to your deposit and $100 will apply to OBC. So your money doubles.

That is true if you are using the Future Cruise Credit that you can purchase on board. $100 will apply to your deposit and $100 will apply to OBC. So your money doubles.

The OBC for FCCs depends on the length of the cruise and the type cabin you book. The deposit amount is always $100.

Where do you find the form to send in?

There is no actual form, like with the Military OBC. You just notify your TA, or Princess, and provide a copy of your stock listing (I have a brokerage account and use my monthly statement) showing you still have 100 shares or more on the final payment date (final payment for your upcoming cruise...). Easy, but must be done each cruise.

The funds are not the same as the future credit, but are added to it. If you are cruising 14 days or more, it's $250 added to your future (onboard) cruise credit of $100. Only one per cabin though (i.e.: if joint account, only one person will get the extra stock OBC). And if you are military (vet, retired, active, .....) you get another $250 (14 days or more... ) added to your Stock, future credit, and any other credit you might receive -- and, that one is per person, not per cabin.

Make sense? Hope so, it's a good deal, and a great loyalty dividend - if you love to cruise and support CCL cruise lines (and, I support Princess).

There is no actual form, like with the Military OBC. You just notify your TA, or Princess, and provide a copy of your stock listing (I have a brokerage account and use my monthly statement) showing you still have 100 shares or more on the final payment date (final payment for your upcoming cruise...). Easy, but must be done each cruise.

Actually, there is a form, but if you provide the needed information (name, booking number, ship name, sailing date) along with the proof of ownership (recent statement or recent purchase confirmation) you do not have to use the form.

... and the return --- if you cruise with Princess or the covered lines --- more than adds up. And if you do 1 or 2 14 day or more, it is a huge dividend,,,,,, You don't need to 're-invest' as the original 100 shares are good as long as the yearly (yearly, again, just published) returns authorize them (stockholders authorize them!) . 10 years plus now,,, and the Military OBC too. I support Princess and CCL (if the stock increases or not) because I like the 'brand' and I love Princess.... and they are year over year good to thier stockholders and multiple country military members.... If I needed to purchase more,,,, I would, but, bottom-line: the return on investment and the promotion of Princess is something I've comfortable with -- and Thanks Carnival... and Princess -- for such a nice 'reward' for being a fan.....(yes, I am a fan...)
Pythian, I couldn't agree more! :)

Thanks, Carnival Corporation, for extending the shareholder benefit for yet another year! :D This is simply an awesome benefit for all of us shareholder who think cruising is the best way to vacation. :D

As for value, when we purchased our shares of CCL, our financial advisor said the vacation industry was a poor investment - and boy was he wrong! Nothing else has matched the return we get just from the shareholder benefit alone, not even mentioning the increase in stock price since our purchase. Oh, and that $1000 the other poster on this thread made from selling his CCL shares - we've had in OBC since buying ours, and we still have the shares! ;)

Actually, there is a form, but if you provide the needed information (name, booking number, ship name, sailing date) along with the proof of ownership (recent statement or recent purchase confirmation) you do not have to use the form.

We used a form for our March 2013 cruise, but cannot find the updated form. Do you have a link for the updated form ?

• 2 weeks later...
Another question... Is the OBC for owning the 100 shares the same amount on Cunard, Princess and all the lines under the CCL umbrella? Are there any lines omitted?

The OBC for owning 100 shares of Carnival Corp stock is available if you sail with any line owned by Carnival Corp. These include Carnival, Princess, HAL, Cunard, Costa and others.

• 3 weeks later...
The shareholder credit is in addition to any other OBC you might have from other sources.

Shareholders with 100 shares get $100/year in dividends plus any OBC.

So $100 dividend and $100 OBC make for a 6% return on a $3000. investment.

Between our OBC and dividends we had a return of more than 10% in 2012.

In the 4.5 years I've owned my stock, I've not only earned back all I paid, but an additional $400. And I earn more with every cruise. Sweet deal. :)

We bought our shares purely for the OBC.... the dividends are a nice bonus.

We have already had $500 OBC this year, another $100 in December, with our cruises for next year (so far) getting another $350.... that adds up to $950 + dividends of $100 since we bought them late last year..... which bank will give you returns of that amount on $3500? A few more years and we will be in credit.

We will not be selling them until our cruise life is over.... which hopefully won't be for a long time yet (we haven't even retired.... imagine what damage we can do then!). :D

We bought our shares purely for the OBC.... the dividends are a nice bonus.

We have already had $500 OBC this year' date=' another $100 in December, with our cruises for next year (so far) getting another $350.... that adds up to $950 + dividends of $100 since we bought them late last year..... which bank will give you returns of that amount on $3500? A few more years and we will be in credit.

We will not be selling them until our cruise life is over.... which hopefully won't be for a long time yet (we haven't even retired.... imagine what damage we can do then!). :D[/quote']

The shareholder OBC is a wonderful program. We bought in 2009 and by the end of last year had recouped our entire investment in OBC. Plus we have the dividends and the stock has gone up. We also will not be selling as long as we are cruising.

It is so nice having the stock. We recently cruised HAL and got the credit

We cruise Princess mostly and in the four years of ownership, have made back our original investment.And still own the stock. No reason to ever sell, as long as we keep cruising. I don't even care the worth of the stock as I have gotten so much out of ownership already.

Archived