Has this ever happened to you??????

wizard-of-roz

My TA just called - My cruise is exactly one week and one day away - He said Princess just called him and someone wants my cabin. Princess wants to move us into the exact same cabin near the elevators and stairwells and would we be willing to move so that this other couple can have our cabin?

I said, "what's the incentive for me to move?" I booked this cabin one year ago, specifically because it's a great location and someone calls one week before and wants me to move, to make them happy?"

The Princess Rep. said, "we'll be happy to give you a bottle of wine!" Really! :rolleyes: I said, "I think I need a better incentive!"

What would you do? I'm going to call them back, what would you say?

I'd say that a full suite would be a nice incentive. Otherwise, the person who wants your cabin should have booked over a year ago. Tough luck but you got there first. I certainly wouldn't let them take my cabin without a HUGE incentive or a massive upgrade.

I would want either a significant upgrade (at least to a higher cabin is a good location), significant OBC or significant credit towards a future cruise.

Bottle of wine?? No way. Free wine for the cruise - the start of negotiation. :)

Very odd...Must be something like a bigwig with Princess or a family group who wants the cabin next to them and they can sell an extra cabin...I cant see Princess getting involved otherwise..

Either way, I would tell them to "sharpen their pencil" if they really want you to move...

Ps...Is sweet Horton going on this cruise with you? I enjoyed meeting you both on our California Coastal cruise in October!

I talked to a Princess Rep yesterday and he wanted to know if I would be interested in an upgrade. I questioned the location and type of cabin and told him that wasn't an upgrade. If he wanted my aft cabin it would have to be a move to a full suite. He said they couldn't do it and I said that's ok I like my cabin choice. ;)

I'm guessing you have a HC, of which there's a limited supply on the ship. I definitely wouldn't change just for a bottle of wine. So the next step would be for them to escalate the offer to get you to agree to a move (which would have to be another HC) or present a moveover offer for another sailing date. Maybe they are thinking you booked the cabin w/o the need for that specific of a cabin.

If they're just looking for any HC, they'll try the same offer with others with the same type of cabin. If everyone turns down the wine, they'll start again with a better offer until someone bites. So you may hear from them again or may not.

I've had two moveoffer offers from Princess (out of five cruises). The day before our first Princess cruise, we got a call that they would give us a full refund and an upgrade to a balcony cabin if we delayed our cruise by a few weeks. We were in the lowest category of inside and we were given a "friends and family discount" so it would have been cheap for them to give us a full refund as the 7-day cruise would have just cost us under $800 for the three of us (that was $800 total, not each) plus government fees, port taxes, tips. And we didn't have a flight or hotel room to change. We turned them down.

Before our December cruise, we got an offer via email for a half-refund plus upgrade if we changed our date. But that was the only time of year we could do a two-week cruise for that itinerary. So we didn't respond.

They can't cancel your booking just to put in these other passengers in your cabin and as long as your TA knows not to accept any changes without asking you first, you're fine.

Hi Roz

No way, its your cabin,

a move over offer has to very good

but if this is just another cruiser wanting your cabin tough,

if we all started this the system would melt down,

yours Shogun

It happened to us yesterday.

There was a thread started a while back on the Crown replacing for the Sapphire next year. We had E729 on the Sapphire and they just sent us a new booking changing our cabin to E731 on the Crown which is a great cabin for this cruise if you like the Crown, and we don't. And we make no secret of this.

Yesterday when I was not home Princess called, who from Princess I don't know. They wanted to know if we would swap our E731 for E729 virtually the same conversation as yours. With the same results.

This get very interesting as we will more than likely not do this cruise because "who wants the Crown when you are expecting the Sapphire". And for more detail you almost need to go over the previous thread on this. But for a while we will just hang on to it.

Roz,

I know you know to stick to your guns. They have to have someone really willing to pay a lot for that cabin so you can get more than a mere bottle of wine.

We are gonna keep our fingers crossed that you end up with something really really good.

Ed

Love you guys!!!!! I knew you'd be the cheering squad I needed.

I must say the Princess Rep. wasn't very warm and engaging, she was curt and not willing to offer more than another cabin just like mine but closer to the noisey area. I have a pretty good "take" on people's attitudes and she wasn't motivating me to offer-up my long-sought-after bedroom any time soon! She abruptly said, "well, have a nice cruise!" In a "Freddy Krugar" kind of way.........Yikes, she was kind of scary!

My concern now is that these folks, who want our cabin, are going to approach us while onboard.....this should be very interesting!!!!

Very odd...Must be something like a bigwig with Princess or a family group who wants the cabin next to them and they can sell an extra cabin...I cant see Princess getting involved otherwise..

Either way, I would tell them to "sharpen their pencil" if they really want you to move...

Ps...Is sweet Horton going on this cruise with you? I enjoyed meeting you both on our California Coastal cruise in October!

Yes, my adorably, funny and hysterically comical Service Dog, "Horton" will be with me! He cracks me up on a daily basis!!!!

My concern now is that these folks, who want our cabin, are going to approach us while onboard.....this should be very interesting!!!!
Don't waste your energy worrying about that, chances are slim to none. And if by some chance they do approach you, smile and ask these questions in this order:

When did you book?

Do you know when I booked in order to get that cabin?

Do you see Horton here?

Did you know this is his favorite cabin?

Now, tell me again, why did you want our cabin and why do you think you should have it more than us?

I still bet they won't say a peep to you; but if they do you won't get past the third question.:D

Hi Roz

If they come asking for your cabin, just tell them do you really want it after the dogs little accident,:D

yours Shogun

OMG! That is so, so funny!!!!! One of the reasons I love my cabin choice is that it's so close to the stairwell where Horton's pottybox is set-up and I can take him in my PJ's. :eek:

The cabin they were offering is further away and I'd have to pass so many more guests cabins looking like a sleepwalker!!!! :rolleyes:

My TA just called - My cruise is exactly one week and one day away - He said Princess just called him and someone wants my cabin. Princess wants to move us into the exact same cabin near the elevators and stairwells and would we be willing to move so that this other couple can have our cabin?

I said, "what's the incentive for me to move?" I booked this cabin one year ago, specifically because it's a great location and someone calls one week before and wants me to move, to make them happy?"

The Princess Rep. said, "we'll be happy to give you a bottle of wine!" Really! :rolleyes: I said, "I think I need a better incentive!"

What would you do? I'm going to call them back, what would you say?

I tell them .....rather than that $400.00 bottle of wine ......just give us the $400.00 as an on board credit.....;)

Love you guys!!!!! I knew you'd be the cheering squad I needed.

I must say the Princess Rep. wasn't very warm and engaging, she was curt and not willing to offer more than another cabin just like mine but closer to the noisey area. I have a pretty good "take" on people's attitudes and she wasn't motivating me to offer-up my long-sought-after bedroom any time soon! She abruptly said, "well, have a nice cruise!" In a "Freddy Krugar" kind of way.........Yikes, she was kind of scary!

I doubt you will have contact with the people wanting your cabin. The only way they could approach you would be in your cabin. If there is a problem, I would quickly close the door and call security

[

That would be something to look forward to.

Seriously, what could they do......TP my cabin door!!!! :D :p Or, and this is a scary thought.......try to push me overboard!!!! Yikes, what an imagination! :eek:

Keep watching the news......and remember, you're all my witnesses!!!!

Archived