which ships have glass blowing shiws

atlantic cruiser

The Lawn Club grill has taken the place of the Hot Glass Show space for the reflection :(

I went to the show on the Equinox and enjoyed it. Never used the Lawn Club Grill on Reflection. I suppose a space making revenue is better served for the company though. :(

Enjoyed the Glass show on the other ships, but never tried The Grill on Reflection. Did try The Porch which is nearby, and loved it. It's open for breakfast and lunch. It cost $5.00pp for everything (Except wine/beer). Great place to relax and eat. Outside, but protected by glass panels. Next to The Porch is an open meeting area where the ship has crafts and so on. We'd play cards there or right outside of it.

So we took advantage of some of the changes Celebrity made by removing the Glass Show.

You'll just have to cruise again on one of the three S-Class with the Show. The Sihouette doesn't have the Glass Show either.

Den

Watching the glass blowing shows is free. Every show is different...each of the glass blowers decides what they feel like making and they create it in front of you. These are major pieces...not the little animals you sometimes see in malls. Vases, cake plates, etc. Most would sell for $500 or more if they were offered at retail. They do not sell what they make...they give it away (raffles during some of the shows)....but they do auction off four or five pieces at the end of the cruise to support the Corning Museum and Breast Cancer Awareness....most seem to sell for $400 or so.

Enjoyed the Glass show on the other ships, but never tried The Grill on Reflection. Did try The Porch which is nearby, and loved it. It's open for breakfast and lunch. It cost $5.00pp for everything (Except wine/beer). Great place to relax and eat. Outside, but protected by glass panels. Next to The Porch is an open meeting area where the ship has crafts and so on. We'd play cards there or right outside of it.

So we took advantage of some of the changes Celebrity made by removing the Glass Show.

You'll just have to cruise again on one of the three S-Class with the Show. The Sihouette doesn't have the Glass Show either.

Den

I didn't know that. :( :( :mad:

Den

We enjoyed The Porch but the Lawn Club Grill was a disappointment. I noticed that this was the only major specialty restaurant where the price wasn't increased. It wasn't worth the forty dollars IMHO.

The glass shows are really intersting to watch. One piece of advice go early to get a good spot as the benches are all on the same level so the further back you are harder to see. Btw good luck watching the entire show as the benches are rock hard to sit on

Enjoy thou

The glass shows are really intersting to watch. One piece of advice go early to get a good spot as the benches are all on the same level so the further back you are harder to see. Btw good luck watching the entire show as the benches are rock hard to sit on

Enjoy thou

As a diehard glass show groupie, I offer the following tip: grab a pool towel or a blanket to sit on. The shows are amazing, no two are alike.

I enjoyed the shows very much, it was amazing to see what they'd come up with - and even more amazing if you thought about how difficult it must be, doing this on a moving vessel!

We got to blow our own Christmas ornaments on Solstice. A neat experience. :)

We got to blow our own Christmas ornaments on Solstice. A neat experience. :)

Their insurance company would drop them instantly if they knew about that. They are not insured against a passenger working with hot glass or with any of their equipment.

Their insurance company would drop them instantly if they knew about that. They are not insured against a passenger working with hot glass or with any of their equipment.

Really? It was a paid excursion that included lunch. I don't think it was a secret. :)

• 6 months later...
The Lawn Club grill has taken the place of the Hot Glass Show space for the reflection

I went to the show on the Equinox and enjoyed it. Never used the Lawn Club Grill on Reflection. I suppose a space making revenue is better served for the company though.

Sorry to hear that glassblowing isn't offered on the Reflection.... :(

Would have liked to watch it on my cruise.

We were on the Solstice in July 2011 and loved watching the glass blowing show. We caught almost every show. It was amazing!

We were disappointed to hear that they discontinued it on some of the other S class ships, making room for the Lawn Club and other fee based activities. It's a shame because it was always standing room only. We will miss it on our Jan trip on the Silhouette. :(

We were on the Solstice in July 2011 and loved watching the glass blowing show. We caught almost every show. It was amazing!

We were disappointed to hear that they discontinued it on some of the other S class ships, making room for the Lawn Club and other fee based activities. It's a shame because it was always standing room only. We will miss it on our Jan trip on the Silhouette. :(

They didn't "discontinue" it on the last 2 S-Class ships, Corning could not supply enough artisians for 5 ships. They are staffed on the first three ships year round! Celebrity had to find another use for the space on the Silhouette and Reflection. And the Porch and Lawn Club Grill are wonderful additions.

Sorry, not on Reflection. Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse only.

Woody

Not on the Silhouette either- but not a fan- we saw it once on the solstice . First, it is outdoors and very hot and sunny. You sit on uncomfortable wooden stadium type benches, without backs the entire length of the show. They do have evening performances, but the heat can be oppressive even without the sun. The show is about 1 1/2 hours-

The first time we saw it- my DH and I left in the middle as my back was annoying me. didn't bother seeing the show on the other ships

Would be a better idea for celebrity to

create more comfortable seating environment with backs- and perhaps enclose the seating area in a glass tinted dome with A/C. The show should also be 45 minutes.

The food at the Lawn Grill IMO is the best of all of the specialty restaurants and is a great addition to the Reflection and Silhouette.

This is just my opinion and perhaps others have other views. Enjoy your cruise.

They didn't "discontinue" it on the last 2 S-Class ships, Corning could not supply enough artisians for 5 ships. They are staffed on the first three ships year round! Celebrity had to find another use for the space on the Silhouette and Reflection. And the Porch and Lawn Club Grill are wonderful additions.

I don't think that was the issue....there is a waiting list of glass blowers who want to join this program. I believe the decision was celebrity's and it was made to increase revenue on the newer ships, just like the cabanas, etc.

Huh? The glass show we are talking about is the one on the ship...it is not an excursion.....

For a brief period of time they did sell an "excursion" where you did some work in the studio and had lunch with the artists afterwards - I was hoping to do this my last cruise on Equinox but it had already been discontinued.

Archived