Ultimate Specialty Dining Package Review

miataman19

Just my $0.02 but I wouldn't do the Ultimate package on the M class ships just because there are only the two restaurants and I like to have a bit more variety. Love it on Silhouette or Reflection, though, with four choices for dinner plus Bistro and Porch for breakfast and lunch.

Also, buying a three or four night package is nearly as good pricewise and since there are only two choices you don't have to worry that you can't repeat your favourites. On S class with four choices you are constrained to one in each, and if you get the 5 night package the additional must be Tuscan Grille. I definitely preferred the flexibility on S class but didn't think it necessary on M class.

We're not buying it for our Summit cruise but will for our Silhouette trip.

How do you book the Specialty Dining package - how do you pick the dates/times/restaurants you want? Do you have to wait till you are on board?

Yes you book on line. That is the unlimited dining package. Not sure about the three or five dinner packages. I would call Celebrity directly for specifics.

However, I have booked the first dinner on line then got a credit when I was on board for the first dinner. Some of the packages, tell you exactly which restaurants you are allowed to dine in and the number of times per venue you decided on the day and time.

Wow, were you with a group? What about dessert? :D

No group. Just myself and my DW. We had dessert at Tuscan Grill. Hmmm, maybe we should have went back to Murano. ;)

Edited by miataman19

I have seen, but not read this thread, for sometime. This morning, I decided to take a look. As we have not eaten in the MDR since 2009, this package looks made for us. That will teach me not to read everything on Cruise Critic!!!!

Even forgoing our two complimentary meals [as suite passengers] this looks like a great deal. I love the idea that I can eat in Murano but have desert in Qsine - hated the choice of deserts in Murano on our last cruise but love the chocolate tombstone in Qsine!

I have one question [apologies if I missed it during my skim through this thread]: is the gelato from the Gelateria included in the package, please?

Sue

Is it safe to assume that Blu is off limits if you're on the Ultimate Package, unless of course you're booked in AQ? Or will they allow you to dine there on a space available basis?

Edited by BEAV

Is it safe to assume that Blu is off limits if you're on the Ultimate Package, unless of course you're booked in AQ? Or will they allow you to dine there on a space available basis?

Your assumption is correct. Blu is off limits.

For example- on the Solstice:

Unlimited Specialty Package

Murano: Unlimited dinners, 1 lunch, 1 Champagne High Tea; Tuscan: Unlimited dinners, 1 lunch;

Silk Harvest: Unlimited dinners; Bistro on Five: Unlimited breakfast, lunch and dinner Price: $29/day

I have seen, but not read this thread, for sometime. This morning, I decided to take a look. As we have not eaten in the MDR since 2009, this package looks made for us. That will teach me not to read everything on Cruise Critic!!!!

Even forgoing our two complimentary meals [as suite passengers] this looks like a great deal. I love the idea that I can eat in Murano but have desert in Qsine - hated the choice of deserts in Murano on our last cruise but love the chocolate tombstone in Qsine!

I have one question [apologies if I missed it during my skim through this thread]: is the gelato from the Gelateria included in the package, please?

Sue

Unfortunatley, no it is not :(

Sue

It's not, but gelato is on the menu at Tuscan Grille so if you are looking for some during dessert hours, you can order it there.

Can the specialty dinner packages be booked on line? When I try to book it online, it says"...product not available online, inquire on-board" I must be doing something wrong. I thought others have done it online.

Can the specialty dinner packages be booked on line? When I try to book it online, it says"...product not available online, inquire on-board" I must be doing something wrong. I thought others have done it online.

You must book onboard only. Do asap a representative will be upstairs by the buffet entrance or in one of the speciality restaurants They can make arrangemnts for all restaurants for you.

Enjoy

Just to clarify, the specialty restaurant packages (3, 5 nights, etc) can be booked (purchased) on line in advance, however you only reserve the first night. The rest you reserve when you board the ship.

The Ultimate package (dine EVERY night in specialty restaurants) can only be booked on board. It is not available to book in advance.

Just to clarify, the specialty restaurant packages (3, 5 nights, etc) can be booked (purchased) on line in advance, however you only reserve the first night. The rest you reserve when you board the ship.

The Ultimate package (dine EVERY night in specialty restaurants) can only be booked on board. It is not available to book in advance.

Also, for the 3-5 night packages, you can call celebrity directly and arrange on the phone.:)

Is this available on all cruises or just longer length cruises? I was hoping it would be available for my 4 night Caribbean cruise this winter. Seems like it would be a good way to try out all the restaurants without committing to a long period.

It also seems too good to be true for the shorter trips.

Thanks!

Just my $0.02 but I wouldn't do the Ultimate package on the M class ships just because there are only the two restaurants and I like to have a bit more variety. Love it on Silhouette or Reflection, though, with four choices for dinner plus Bistro and Porch for breakfast and lunch.

Also, buying a three or four night package is nearly as good pricewise and since there are only two choices you don't have to worry that you can't repeat your favourites. On S class with four choices you are constrained to one in each, and if you get the 5 night package the additional must be Tuscan Grille. I definitely preferred the flexibility on S class but didn't think it necessary on M class.

We're not buying it for our Summit cruise but will for our Silhouette trip.

But if you book the four night package, that would not include the lunches or high tea. Am I correct? So, even though the price is similar for that may nights, what you are actually purchasing is not the same.

But if you book the four night package, that would not include the lunches or high tea. Am I correct? So, even though the price is similar for that may nights, what you are actually purchasing is not the same.

I am not 100% sure, but I do believe the lunches and high teas only

come with the "Ultimate Package".

I am not 100% sure, but I do believe the lunches and high teas only

come with the "Ultimate Package".

I had the Ultimate package aboard the Equinox last week it made the cruise the best ever. I am cruising again on the Reflection in September and this package is a definite for us again.

On a typical 12 night cruise the Tuscan and Murano will only be open for one lunch time occasion each. The Murano has also one High Tea event 1200-1430 normally on the final seaday.

The package allows one lunch in Tuscan Grill, one lunch in Murano and one high tea again in Murano. Unlimited access to Bistro on 5 for breakfast, lunch or dinner - not my choice and usually costs 5$ /pp per ocassion in this Bistro. but free to you on the package.

No access to Blu but that is down market in comparison anyway.

Not being a fan of the MDR, my first choice is to book AQ to take advantage of Blu. However, I would forgo booking AQ and book a less expensive balcony cabin, if I knew for sure this package would be available when I boarded. My plan would be to try to board early and to book it as soon as I got on board, but things happen and there's no guaranty as to when we'll be able to board.

Has anyone had the experience of trying to book the package only to be told its not available or has been sold out?

I don't understand the reasoning behind not letting you book this on line, even if you would have to wait until you boarded to reserve times.

Edited by HazyDavy

• 2 weeks later...
Not being a fan of the MDR, my first choice is to book AQ to take advantage of Blu. However, I would forgo booking AQ and book a less expensive balcony cabin, if I knew for sure this package would be available when I boarded. My plan would be to try to board early and to book it as soon as I got on board, but things happen and there's no guaranty as to when we'll be able to board.

If you are serious, you can guarantee the package ? Give your email and I will write you.

I can assure you that I purchased it 2 months before I boarded.

What is the advantage as they hold your money. We dine at 6 so we have never experienced any problem with a reservation. With an Alcove or Cabana at Labee you must order in advance as they are limited.

But thanks for the information:)