How to book 2 cabins?

pdmlynek

I realize that this question must have been asked many before, but I just can't seem to find it, thus my newbie query.

I would like to book a cruise for my family of 5: one balcony, one inside across the hall way. Unfortunately, pretty much all online services that I've seen require to book one cabin at a time.

Is there a way for a mere mortal like myself to book 2 close-by or adjacent or connecting cabins, or do I have to go through a TA or the cruise line?

Thank you!

The risk is while you are booking one cabin, the other could be snagged by someone else. That isn't like to happen but it wouldn't be the first time.

If you can have someone else booking the second cabin while you book the first, that would be ideal if you don't wish to use a TA or book directly with cruise line.

I realize that this question must have been asked many before, but I just can't seem to find it, thus my newbie query.

I would like to book a cruise for my family of 5: one balcony, one inside across the hall way. Unfortunately, pretty much all online services that I've seen require to book one cabin at a time.

Is there a way for a mere mortal like myself to book 2 close-by or adjacent or connecting cabins, or do I have to go through a TA or the cruise line?

Thank you!

Maybe I am not understanding your question, but I can't think of any reason why you could not do this yourself.

Yes, you book one cabin at time but it only takes a few minutes to do it yourself online.

If your concern is about making sure you don't lose one cabin while you are booking the other, you can first put them both on courtesy hold and then take your time to complete the bookings.

My guess is that the OP is looking at the various "reseller" websites, because every cruisline's site that I know of ask the question "are you booking more than one cabin" or "do you need additional cabin(s)" very early in the booking process. If it is essential for you to know from the getgo that the cabins are adjacent and the bookings linked, book directly with the cruiseline or a reliable brick-and-mortar agent. If getting the discount online price is the higher priority, you do so at your own risk.

If you want two cabins next or across from each other, wouldn't it be easier to go through a regular TA (not one of those online companies) or through the cruiseline? Select specific cabins (have the cruise line's website with deck plans up in front of you when you call) and insist that your bookings are marked "no upgrade."

Archived