The Duchess of Cambridge named as Godmother to Royal Princess

dmwnc1959

Hi Dave

The best I can offer is a live from that day as I am in Southampton.

Not sure I will see much,

yours Shogun

Wow! You are going to be everywhere! Any and all reports, pictures, and commentary are going to be very much appreciated. ;)

I can only imagine how wonderful it is going to be, the entire ceremony and the christening. Lets hope the weather favors us with a splendid day, and certainly a better one than what P&O got for their huge Grand Event rendezvous last summer in Southampton. :cool:

What a fantastic choice! Princess Kate is the perfect choice to be the godmother of the new Royal Princess, especially since her mother in law, Princess Diana was the godmother of the first Royal Princess ship 29 years ago. Kate is a classy & elegant women, what a honor for Princess Cruise Line and all the publicity they will receive!

Wonderful news & who I was hoping for :D
Me too. Have pictures of Princess Diana christening the 1984 Royal Princess from the net and in a one of my books. Always liked that ship because of the godmother. Will like this iteration of Royal Princess as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are doing a superb job! Princess Diana would have been proud of them.

Me too. Have pictures of Princess Diana christening the 1984 Royal Princess from the net and in a one of my books. Always liked that ship because of the godmother. Will like this iteration of Royal Princess as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are doing a superb job! Princess Diana would have been proud of them.

I'll bet the Queen is pretty proud of them too!! I also think it to be a wonderful choice. Hope People magazine takes note, and can now stop comparing Kate to Kim Kardashian, as though there is a parallel. What total nonsense.

Hi All

Question for folks any where, has any local news pick up this story,

BBC only has it as local South of England news, nothing in Scotland

cruise sites have it as many story,

even Hello has it,

but what about where you are

yours Shogun

Score one for Princess on this - excellent choice for them. Sorry that I'm less impressed with the ship - it would have been brilliant if the ship was as special as the Godmother.

From the time the name of the ship was selected the obvious choice was Diana's daughter-in-law Kate but it's not going to be as easy to predict the Godmother of the Regal Princess.

Might explain why Princess went to great lengths to televise the wedding:

02/14/2011

Princess Cruises Ships to Broadcast Historic Royal Wedding of Britain's Prince William and Kate Middleton

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2011/02/Princess-Cruises-Ships-to-Broadcast-Historic-Royal-Wedding-of-Britain's-Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton.html#.UWRxpmR4ZQU

03/15/2011

Princess Cruises Previews Newest Ship as First Steel Plate is Cut in Shipyard

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2011/03/Princess-Cruises-Previews-Newest-Ship-as-First-Steel-Plate-is-Cut-in-Shipyard.html#.UWRynGR4ZQU

You'll think I'm silly but I'm so thrilled that I've got tears in my eyes. Stupid, I know, but I keep making the connection between Princess Diana as the first Royal godmother and now the Dutchess of Cambridge.
Not stupid! So did I!!

You'll think I'm silly but I'm so thrilled that I've got tears in my eyes. Stupid, I know, but I keep making the connection between Princess Diana as the first Royal godmother and now the Dutchess of Cambridge.

Pam, this is the greatest news. :)

Jean

Today's e-mail.

Godmother.jpg.b7a84f1f31ea0c57dd369432e660f587.jpg

We are delighted to announce that our new Royal Princess will be officially named by Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge. The grand ceremony will take place in Southampton, England on June 13. We can think of no better way to celebrate our company's British heritage than by having The Duchess, admired around the world for her style and grace, serve as Godmother to our newest ship.

Princess has a rich history of celebrated Godmothers throughout the years including names such as Margaret Thatcher, Audrey Hepburn, Sophia Loren and the Princess of Wales. Click here to learn more about the legacy of Godmothers who personify the glamour and spirit of Princess Cruises.

Royal Princess will arrive at Ocean Terminal in Southampton, England on Friday, June 7 for a week of festivities before the official inauguration ceremony. After two short preview cruises, Royal Princess will embark on a maiden voyage on June 16, followed by Grand Mediterranean cruises throughout the Summer and Eastern Caribbean cruises beginning in the Fall.

You can also learn more about Royal Princess by visiting the Royal Princess page on princess.com, which includes our detailed Royal Princess preview video series.

Hi All

I think we all have known from the day the ship got her name, that Princess wanted Katie,

then the baby came along,

and it was a case of will she, can she,

so now that all is well with her and baby,

the go ahead has been given,

I think Princess have had a few sleepless nights waiting for the Royal nood

that she can do did,

yours Shogun

Excellent choice, and as you say Shogun, it was the obvious choice from the beginning...

Pam - I don't think you are silly for tearing up over this announcement. The Royal Princess link between Diana and Kate is incredibly sweet.

I'm hoping Princess is going to close the door on their reality-show moments. Martha Stewart was pretty bad, too -- yay, let's celebrate insider trading! On the other hand, as nauseating as the whole idea was, I will give tiny props to Ryan and Trista because at least they're (a) still married, (b) stay out of the tabloids, and © are, I believe, gainfully employed off-camera with no criminal records. Still, Princess, please stick to grande dame actors (how about Dame Helen Mirren or Judi Dench for Regal) or actual royalty from now on.

Archived