Poll: What is the most you've paid for cruise air fare?

hsaroya

Am curious to know what the most you've ever paid to fly to the port city has been. If you want to play along, indicate your departure and arrival cities along with the total cost for your most expensive cruise flight ever. If you think this question is unseemly and boorish, find another sandbox to play in! :) Yup, I'm incredibly nosy. I'll start.

Edmonton, Canada to Fort L: $900 Christmas time

Sadly, as a teacher, can only get away at the highest priced times.

We flew business class from Greenville, SC to Sydney for about $4000 per person round trip

Drat! Here go any chances I thought I had of getting the top score! Thanks for playing :)

I tend not to book a cruise unless we can get good airfare. The most we've paid is $600 per person from Kansas City to San Juan. :)

Retirement is 8 years and five months away. First thing I'm going to do? Book the most off-season cruise and air I can find! :D So looking forward to that day. Those of you who can do that now have no idea how much I envy you your choices!

Retirement is 8 years and five months away. First thing I'm going to do? Book the most off-season cruise and air I can find! :D So looking forward to that day. Those of you who can do that now have no idea how much I envy you your choices!

Retirement is great.

We usually don't book long flights unless we can use FF miles, so our most expensive is probably about $300 from Omaha to Miami area--and that's a high estimate. Normally we use FF miles for shorter flights too.

Non-cruise, we once went on a Thailand & Vietnam guided tour. Air was included in the price, but we upgraded to business class for $1000 each. 22 hours later, we were glad we did!

I find that my air flight has always been more than the cruise fare itself. :( (We are driving this time around...as much as I hate to, just to save money).

We usually pay around $1500 for 3 people from Ohio to Florida or NOLA.

$5.00 per person in fees, MCI-FLL-MCI. In first class. God bless frequent flier miles :)

We flew business class from Greenville, SC to Sydney for about $4000 per person round trip

Wow, that's cheap! I regularly (several times a year) fly J class Kansas City to Melbourne return and it's usually $8,000 or so on Qantas, including next month.

$5.00 per person in fees, MCI-FLL-MCI. In first class. God bless frequent flier miles :)

Wow, that's cheap! I regularly (several times a year) fly J class Kansas City to Melbourne return and it's usually $8,000 or so on Qantas, including next month.

We flew USAir for the domestic legs and Air Pacific for the international ones.

After 11 cruises the most expensive was January of 2010. I have always booked airfare cheaper than the cruise. Cruise per person was $1199 for a 14 day circle of New Zealand out of Sydney. Airfare from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Sydney was $1030 per person....what a deal. Tim

After 11 cruises the most expensive was January of 2010. I have always booked airfare cheaper than the cruise. Cruise per person was $1199 for a 14 day circle of New Zealand out of Sydney. Airfare from Albuquerque, New Mexico to Sydney was $1030 per person....what a deal. Tim

THAT was a heck of a deal. Air Pacific maybe???

When did you leave ABQ and move out to the hinterlands of AZ (I am in the hinterlands of AZ 100 miles WEST of you)?

Thanks for playing along, everyone! Interesting to see the huge spectrum of fares.

I've almost convinced myself that I need to do an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver just so that I can either drive (13 hrs one way from Edmonton) or fly for about $350 round trip - getting tired of paying about the same for air as I am for a Christmas cruise out of Fort L!

Hmmm... Expecting 5-10 cm of snow tonight in what is turning into an endless winter, so the thought of an Alaskan cruise is quickly losing its appeal. Oh, well, I'll continue biting the bullet on the airfare to escape winter's wrath for a couple of weeks at Christmas.

Zach: I wish we flew enough to earn all those frequent flier miles! BTW we're from Olathe,KS also! It's a small small world! :)

Zach: I wish we flew enough to earn all those frequent flier miles! BTW we're from Olathe,KS also! It's a small small world! :)

Not Zach, but we get our FF miles mostly from using our credit card that earns miles for everything that we can. We pay it off every month, and also can use it for business expenses, so it adds up.

We've taken many overseas trips, often in Business Class, for only a few dollars in taxes, Usually $100 or less. We don't pay for air tickets unless it is a really, really good deal; sometimes in that case the FF miles are better used for longer/business tickets.

It's hard to find the cheap prices any more, though.

Archived