Stupid Question re Embarkation in San Pedro

Working 2 Cruise

As a platinum newbie, I am getting preferred boarding. The question is that the preferred boarding section in San Pedro has two rooms, one with coffee and pastries, the other with chairs only.

Are we going to be allowed to get coffee and pastries when we get there? Or is this just for elite and suite passengers? I do not want to get something I am not entitled to...

Thanks and happy sailings to everyone!

As a platinum newbie, I am getting preferred boarding. The question is that the preferred boarding section in San Pedro has two rooms, one with coffee and pastries, the other with chairs only.

Are we going to be allowed to get coffee and pastries when we get there? Or is this just for elite and suite passengers? I do not want to get something I am not entitled to...

I may be wrong, but I think those goodies are for Suite and Elite cruisers. It was in FLL last month.

We were there in February. We're platinum and there was definitely coffee there; if there were rolls they were gone. I also believe both platinum and elite were in that room, because when the ship was ready for boarding (yes, we had to wait until that designated time), elite passengers were called first and then platinum.

Platinum, Elite and Suite passengers all have the same waiting room. Enjoy your treats;)

We will enjoy the cruise even more! Hard to believe that by this time tomorrow, we will be onboard the Sapphire Princess... How lucky we are! I do not take anything for granted and, for us at this time, this is a gift from the gods...

We have had such bad times in the last year so this cruise is truly a blessing!

I am Elite and have boarded in San Pedro many times. I have never seen the pastries,

I have not seen the coffee either. I guess they could not afford to put it out.

Granted I do arrive early so maybe I missed them.

Greg

We were there in February. We're platinum and there was definitely coffee there; if there were rolls they were gone. I also believe both platinum and elite were in that room, because when the ship was ready for boarding (yes, we had to wait until that designated time), elite passengers were called first and then platinum.

I have never seen them call elite before platinum...I wonder if this is new?

It didn't make much difference; it was elite (and suite), then right away platinum, so that we were in one line, with the elites first. It wasn't like we had to wait another 15-30 minutes or anything, more like one or two.

I am Elite and have boarded in San Pedro many times. I have never seen the pastries,

I have not seen the coffee either. I guess they could not afford to put it out.

Granted I do arrive early so maybe I missed them.

Greg

Princess uses 2 different piers in San Pedro. They are setup entirely different.

I did a b2b in San Pedro about 2 years ago and we used one pier one week and another pier the second week and then last summer, also went out of San Pedro and I don't remember having pastries at any of these sailings.

We are also early boarders and are often the first on the ship.

On our recent Hawaii RT, we got to San Pedro early and even though we're Elite, all the seats in the "preferred boarding" area were taken and we had to stand there for an hour before boarding. Didn't see any coffee and pastries but perhaps they were hidden among the throngs of people.

This is how it was in 2011 and 2010 when we left out of San Pedro due to nearly everyone being either Elite orPlat. If I recall correctly, out of 2,800 passengers, there were 1,900 elites and Platinums

I did post this on a "Live" Thread, but thought I would also add it to this one.

Last Cruise: Golden to Hawaii in February - pastries and coffee. I was in a suite and was handed a "ticket" with Preferred A. They were boarded first.

April 13 cruise: Sapphire Coastal - only coffee and tea. The host in the room told me that it was up to the ship to provide refreshments. I am a Platinum member and was boarded with group F (after Elite and Suites).

Boarding began around noon and I was in the MDR for lunch by 12:45.

I don't know about the "other" lounge. Been to the same one twice. Princess has the most efficient embarkation process. I watched the Celebrity Century boarding while we were in San Diego. The first person did not show up on their balcony until after 2:30. Muster was at 3:30. I saw people milling around the Lido deck around 1:30.

Renee

Last cruise in February... we were all in the same large room. I saw coffee, tea, juice, and water, but no pastries. in fact, I have not seen pastries served for the past several cruises.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're Elite (or suite) and arrive after they have started the boarding procedure (meaning the Elite/suite/platinum waiting area has boarded) but before your deck/cabin section is scheduled to board -- are you able to walk on at will -- i.e. get in the end of the currently-boarding line or 'cuts' to the front or wait till your section is called? I realize the fair thing is probably to wait till your section is called -- but wondered what your options actually are.

Archived