Upgrade offer to suite - yipee

Rascal1

Hi, very excited today, received an email for an upgrade from a Mini-suite to a suite for £327pp. I grabbed the chance having sailed in a suite before and loving it, but we have moved from mid-ship Dolphin to rear Caribe. We haven't been affected by sea sickness before but always book a mid cabin just in case. I'm now feeling a little nervous about being on the rear of the ship, although looking forward to trying it and I never know it may change my preference for future cruises. Very happy day.

We are on the golden for 5-19. Three weeks ago got the call and free upgragde from ME mini to a MA mini mid ships on dolphin deck. Yesterday got call and offered the full suite up for 295.00 per person.

WE decilined but noticed they had 13 suites that had not sold. Doing the filling of units so they can resale lower priced at last minute

congratulations--we usually book a mini-suite, but would love to get an upgrade to a full suite. You'll love the aft location. Have a great cruise and enjoy all those suite benefits!

You will love the Aft location. I always book an Aft suite whenever possible. Those suites are usually the first to go. I am booked on the Grand Princess Sept 7th to Alaska out of San Francisco in an Aft Suite. I am very excited, this will be our first Alaska cruise & our first Princess cruise :):):)

Thanks all.

You will love the Aft location. I always book an Aft suite whenever possible. Those suites are usually the first to go. I am booked on the Grand Princess Sept 7th to Alaska out of San Francisco in an Aft Suite. I am very excited, this will be our first Alaska cruise & our first Princess cruise :):):)

Alaska is on our list of must do cruises, I've not cruised with anybody else, love Princess, hope you do too.

Congratulations. We also sailed in an aft suite for the first time on the Star a month ago and were concerned about vibration. There wasn't any at all. There was noise from the wake which was like a constant wave, but we thought it was very soothing. It was more private aft than what we experienced in all of the Dolphin deck mini suites we had been in and what an awesome view. Enjoy your suite and all of the benefits!

After an aft suite you are going to have to save like mad for your next cruise because you will never want to sail in anything but from now on! We exclusivly sail in the Vista suites (soon to be S6) and would never be anywhere else on the ship. You are in a very quiet neighbourhood with the only traffic being the others living back there. If there is a down side it would be that you might find a little more motion from the ship should the seas pick up. Some have also mentioned feeling vibration from the ships thrusters when pulling into and out of port. As pulling into port often happens early in the morning some have complained about being woken up. It's never been an issue for us. You are going to love the "sweet life"

Thanks for all the positive comments, the excitement is getting bigger. For the curious of you who asked for more details, we sail on the 1st June on the Crown. I will do a review when we get back, I won't promise to do a 'live from' as hopefully I'll be too busy drinking cocktails and relaxing but I do want to repay the many people who have posted and helped me on this forum.

Archived