Controversy with all inclusive - what would you like included?

English Tim

Let's not forget our peameal bacon in Canada !!!

Certainly not! And I'm certain of Canadian primacy in this area as well. Unfortunately, the McKenzie brother's "oeuvre" did not extend to examination of this product.

or even Irn Bru. A particular scottish delicacy and favourite of mine.

Irn Bru has THE funniest adverts in the known universe. My particular favourite, but I don't think Irn Bru is coming to an Azamara ship near you. I guess if it goes to the UK you could bring it on in a port;)

Phil

Irn Bru has THE funniest adverts in the known universe. My particular favourite, but I don't think Irn Bru is coming to an Azamara ship near you. I guess if it goes to the UK you could bring it on in a port;)

Phil

Epic

Irn Bru on board would be good - really sugar rush for those mornings after the White Nights party (though I know now this will not be an option as the global availability would be a challenge, just an idea for when the ships are in Scottish waters)

The original adverts used to say Barrs Irn Bru - made from girders, its Scotlands other national drink.

The adverts are classic, this one last year also gives a good insight to Scottish humour

Irn Bru on board would be good - really sugar rush for those mornings after the White Nights party (though I know now this will not be an option as the global availability would be a challenge, just an idea for when the ships are in Scottish waters)

The original adverts used to say Barrs Irn Bru - made from girders, its Scotlands other national drink.

The adverts are classic, this one last year also gives a good insight to Scottish humour

Made from girders? As in steel girders? That's a new one for me--but then so was peameal bacon. :)

I have been enjoying all the posts, and as usual, there is not one correct answer to anything! We all like something different. They ony thing we seem to agree on is we love Azamara!!!

I do not like bubbly - if I get a complimentary bottle in my room, I always ask for it to be exchanged for a white wine - never been a problem.

Also, do not drink beer, so cannot comment if choice is good/bad.

Usually like the red/white choice of the day, but if you do not - they have bottles from previous days on hand, and offer to let you try something else.

Only problem anyone I sat with had, was the glass never became empty (ha ha) very generous in refilling glasses!

I do like a liq after dinner - was not sure from the posting is there is one - if not, no biggy, usually buy it anyway.

Hope they do not change the seating for special rest to pre bookings - love to join new friends for this, and that would not be possible if I had to prebook dinner.

Used to get a special coffee for free in the morning, not sure if that is now a cost??

Have been on Az and Seab each twice, they are both great - but like staying a different resorts, each are different - but, is that not why we travel??

Looking forward to my next cruise - Feb Hong Kong to Japan!!

Phil

Don't think I've seen that one phil. Off the scale funny. :p:p

Thanks for looking into this Bill. Please can you give us the email address to contact the reservation center and we'll get in touch with them.

Hello Mara01 and JollyJoyce -

I've learned that there is no special email address for making your request for non-standard items such as diet tonic water. In both the US/Canada and UK markets, it is accomplished through reservations, who will add your special request to your reservation. These type of requests must be made at least 45 days prior to the sailing date.

To ensure that you will not be disappointed, I suggest that you or your travel agent start the process by contacting our Loyalty Desk for the UK & Ireland who will access your reservation. In the meantime, I will have sent them a copy of your request and my response:

Loyalty Desk UK & Ireland

Captain's Club, Crown & Anchor and Le Club Voyage

Email: captainsclub.uk@rccl.com

Tel: 0844 481 7505

Happy and healthy sailing!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 2 weeks later...

I've learned that there is no special email address for making your request for non-standard items such as diet tonic water. In both the US/Canada and UK markets, it is accomplished through reservations, who will add your special request to your reservation. These type of requests must be made at least 45 days prior to the sailing date.

To ensure that you will not be disappointed, I suggest that you or your travel agent start the process by contacting our Loyalty Desk for the UK & Ireland who will access your reservation. In the meantime, I will have sent them a copy of your request and my response:

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill, following all your feedback, have / will any changes be made to the program?

Bill, following all your feedback, have / will any changes be made to the program?

Without doubt is too early to say. Azamara are gathering feedback on board and on this forum, if any change is made it will probably be some time well in the future.

Last week I received an online questionnaire following our recent cruise. Feedback from all of these sources will lead to an evaluation

Talking of English mustard, why is it so difficult to provide decent tea? When we first arrived, we thought our requests had been listened to as there were 'Tetleys Teabags' (!) in Windows Cafe but they soon ran out. When we asked for more, we were told that HO had sent them 'by mistake'! They obviously supply them to the other lines - we had really good selection of Twinings teas on Celebrity Eclipse - but obviously not appropriate for Azamara. The so-called 'English Breakfast Tea' they have is insipid. We had to use two bags in each mug. :eek::eek:

Try the Ceylon Tea - in the yellow bags. Nice strong tea. I hope Az are still using it.

On Journey we found one lady from Yorkshire who not only brought her own tea, but her own tea-pot as well!

"Controversy with all inclusive - what would you like included?"

Would it be too crass to ask for a discount if you don't drink? :-)

With most cruiselines looking to maximise revenue from those onboard, I would suggest that they hope they don't get many non-drinkers onboard!

I once organized two cocktail parties for over 100 guests, on a Carnival cruise. They charge $12 for one hour's unlimited drinking. These are very popular events and guests get quite tipsy, yet Carnival always makes a profit, which makes one realise just how much mark-up there is on each drink on the normal tariff!

Therefore, for each drinks package sold, there will be a significant profit.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill

I just had my TA call Azamara to make a special request (I might add one that I make regularly on Oceania) and I was told it cannot be done.

Apparently, if the item is not on board, they will not supply it -- they will not even consider it.

You'll be saying that you can get corn dogs on board next, please?! :)

Tim - did you not have a riot on the Carnival cruise with your drinks hour, wow!

I'd love to show you some pictures, but my camera was stolen on the last day.

We had two very lively parties, which extended into the 3rd hour, as many participants tipped the waiters well, who then brought tray after tray of drinks.

They were interesting events to organize, which I did through John Heald. I collected about $1500 for each party by Pay Pal, for CC and FB participants, then paid for each event with my S&S card.

They were interesting events to organize, which I did through John Heald. I collected about $1500 for each party by Pay Pal, for CC and FB participants, then paid for each event with my S&S card.

Just wondering. Did you earn Air Miles via your credit card for collecting the money upfront and using your S&S to settle the ship bill?

Phil

Bill

I just had my TA call Azamara to make a special request (I might add one that I make regularly on Oceania) and I was told it cannot be done.

Apparently, if the item is not on board, they will not supply it -- they will not even consider it.

What did you request?

The only company that I know that does this is Silversea. Online CC people stated they made all kinds of special alcohol requests so I was just curious and requested Pepsi and Diet Pepsi just to see if would show up because I knew they served coke products. Sure enough when we boarded in Tromso, Norway our cabin fridge was stocked full of Pepsi and Diet Pepsi, and the MDR only had Coke. They must have kept a stash for us because they kept refilling the fridge in our cabin for our 10 night Arctic expedition. There wasn't any extra charge either.

Archived